Does anyone have a PSP and Vita?

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
If so could you test out the same game on both with the PSP overclocked and Adrenaline at its highest settings.

I really get the feeling that PSP games play far smoother on the Vita than they ever did on the PSP and would like to check if this is true.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have a PSP 1k and a Go plus a Vita but in all honesty, I haven't seen any speed improvements over the PSP.
All three of them seem to run similar.

I'm also running the Vita on a PSVSD and the Go has M2 storage.
PSP itself has a 16 GB MSPro Duo iirc.

sloppycrap

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
If so could you test out the same game on both with the PSP overclocked and Adrenaline at its highest settings.

I really get the feeling that PSP games play far smoother on the Vita than they ever did on the PSP and would like to check if this is true.

I'll go borrow my PSP-1000 from my son again, but I'm pretty sure of three games:
1) Midnight Club 3 (legit purchase from PSN) has a slightly higher framerate when run through Adrenaline than it did through the legit bubble, and better than the PSP. (I'm positive on this one)
2) Killzone Liberation (another legit PSN purchase) seems to have a higher framerate than it did on my PSP, but like I said I'll check
3) Wipeout Pure (legit purchase, Sony blocked me from installing it on my Vita) seems to have a higher framerate on Vita than PSP.

I haven't noticed so much for other games, these three were different enough to stand out.

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
I'll go borrow my PSP-1000 from my son again, but I'm pretty sure of three games:
1) Midnight Club 3 (legit purchase from PSN) has a slightly higher framerate when run through Adrenaline than it did through the legit bubble, and better than the PSP. (I'm positive on this one)
2) Killzone Liberation (another legit PSN purchase) seems to have a higher framerate than it did on my PSP, but like I said I'll check
3) Wipeout Pure (legit purchase, Sony blocked me from installing it on my Vita) seems to have a higher framerate on Vita than PSP.

I haven't noticed so much for other games, these three were different enough to stand out.
Thanks, please do. Its subtle but quite noticeable as you say, enough to affect muscle memory in games you're so used to on the PSP as Adrenaline seems to speed up the whole game ever so slightly. Nub to stick difference also accounts for something but not that much.

Also if you could apply these settings to Adrenaline and see how the visual fidelity compares that would be great:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-best-adrenaline-psp-picture-settings-ever.604395/

As I'm also quite certain that the Vitas image quality is 1:1 in terms of clarity with a PSP 1000 using these setting but with a lot less blur and much better colors. As I mentioned in the thread it looks slightly more pixelated due to larger screens (like n3DS to n3DSXL) but the actual fidelity is miles ahead on Vita.

Was nothing like this with Adrenaline v1 as that was a blurry mess and games felt noticeably more sluggish but since I recently upgraded to the latest version its like a whole nother level of quality, especially with the above settings which I feel bring back the OG PSP feeling. Would be great to see how accurate memory is if you can compare them side by side.

sloppycrap

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I read your linked post, those are the settings I use most of the time too. Sharp Bilinear looks really good. I use GePatch (https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/GePatch) for every game that it works well on, but you have to test them. Wipeout Pure loses some FPS when it's in use but it's still very playable and it looks so much better than what you can do with Adrenaline filters. Killzone does *not* work with it. Midnight Club 3 does *not* work with it.

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
I read your linked post, those are the settings I use most of the time too. Sharp Bilinear looks really good. I use GePatch (https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/GePatch) for every game that it works well on, but you have to test them. Wipeout Pure loses some FPS when it's in use but it's still very playable and it looks so much better than what you can do with Adrenaline filters. Killzone does *not* work with it. Midnight Club 3 does *not* work with it.
It certainly does, no idea why they weren't the standard as they look so good. Nice and crisp.

Regards to the patch I'd rather have lower resolution and solid 60FPS than sharper graphics and the pace takes a hit. When it works well though the graphical difference is astoundingly good and props for the actual idea and implementation. Hopefully the new GPU tool kits that have been released will usher in the next wave of the Vitas evolution in the hands of skilled coders as they've done amazingly well just freestyling without them.

Overall it really is astounding what the scene has allowed this to evolve into as well as the dedication of all those who recognized its true worth at first glance.

sloppycrap

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
They weren't the standard because Sony didn't implement them.

The only reason the Vita is as good as it is is because of thefl0w and the other hackers working on it. I'm getting a Steam Deck sometime this year (maybe? I've always been "after Q2 2022") and I'll be selling my Vita after that. Sony wants to sell licenses, and they figured out pretty soon after they launched the Vita (I'm fairly certain they figured this out before that) that their hardware isn't as capable as it needs to be.

I'm done with consoles (except maybe a used Wii U, where I won't buy any licenses for anything). Nintendo's gonna Nintendo, and Nintendo started this bullshit back with the NES (licensees can't publish a game on a competing platform). My kids can do whatever they want, but they might as well buy a PC and play games there.

Reactions: Henchman1

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
I agree that the portable PC market is where its at.

Proper specs, developed emulators and an immense library with full BC. Modding consoles has always been a "lets see what this can do" kind of thing but ideally I just like things to work these days as I'm not inclined to tinker around with a zillion settings and hacks. Still the Vita did impress me with what it was capable of doing plus its got the best dpad of any device ever.

sloppycrap

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan

Yeah, nah, the 1000 is a blurry mess. I'm pretty sure I have a 2000 and a 3000 around here somewhere, but between the 1000 and the Vita? Lower apparent framerates for all three games. I know the 3000 got a bad rap for interlacing frames, I'll check it when I find my 3000. All three games are much better on the Vita, whether you're using Adrenaline filters or not.

All three games feel like they're moving slower, whether that's a display artifact or not. If the 1000 is displaying 60FPS, it's not doing as good a job as the Vita does.

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
Thanks for clarifying, had a feeling that was the case. What do you make of the visuals between the two screens as I feel that with the previously mentioned settings the Vita produces a much better (if slightly more pixelated due to larger screen) image. Definitely much less blur.

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
Agree. Try booting the PSP games using Adrenaline Bubble Installer instead. You'll notice quite an improvement in input lag vs using Adrenaline as a launcher.

Quite odd how that works as it still uses all of the framework in the background but its obviously more efficient this way.

sloppycrap

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I'm right there with you. I install bubbles from AdrenalineDocs (is his site down for good? I know it goes up and down) and edit them with Adrenaline Bubbles Manager so I can turn plugins on and off. I almost never launch Adrenaline directly unless I need to go poke around in there for some reason.

sloppycrap

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Found my 2000, found my 3000. I'll have to go see if there's some way for me to remote-control all three at the same time to video differences.

I sold my Go a couple of years ago, I wish I had kept that instead of these things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: