1. grcd

OP grcd GBAtemp Regular

I got a new Switch tablet (V1, Unpatched) on my hands, and I swear that it has what looks like a screen protector on top of the touchscreen. The first photo shows how it looks up close. The second photo compares it to another V1, Unpatched Switch to show the difference.

Yet, it seems impossible to peel. It is rigidly stuck as if fused to the surface. Is this simply another touchscreen vendor that is less common - ie I should not try to remove it? It doesn't even look "even" from all angles. Peeling it, however, is impossible! Can anyone help, and let me know what I am looking at? I will try to upload more photos shortly.

Attached Files:

Last edited by grcd, Jun 11, 2020 - Reason: Updated description
  2. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    Might be a tempered glass screen protector - would be rigid and not "peel" easily, but should come off if you really want it to. Mine came with one of those fitted when I bought it used, which was good as the screen underneath is good as new, and the protector is still doing a good job 1.5 years later.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - touchscreen, touchscreen, looking