Does anyone else miss the old GBAtemp?

Litagano Motscoud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a veteran on the forums (evident by my "Newcomer" tag below my avatar), but so far, I think these forums are pretty good.

Although, I haven't really posted in any other section other than Off Topic, I think the members here are pretty friendly (there are some who aren't so friendly, but most are).

EDIT: Also, what does everyone here have against Pokemon?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not a veteran on the forums (evident by my "Newcomer" tag below my avatar), but so far, I think these forums are pretty good.

Although, I haven't really posted in any other section other than Off Topic, I think the members here are pretty friendly (there are some who aren't so friendly, but most are).

EDIT: Also, what does everyone here have against Pokemon?

Every time a new pokemon game comes out (especially in English, but japanese releases too), this place gets flooded with noobs and idiots making dozens of threads for the same question, no one reads the rules, everyone has 1 post and joined that day.
Lots of bans.
It's a fun time really.

Otherwise the pokemon fanbase here is pretty large. Most people like it. Myself not included.

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You whippersnappers don't know how good you have it! Why, back in my day, if you were enough of a sucker to buy an R4-III without doing proper research, you had to screw with YSMenu and then post guides about how to make it work on GBATemp! AND THEN NO ONE WOULD CARE!

Gatdam whippersnappers, with all your whipping and snapping.

But no, I was here five years ago and all I can really say is that things were just different, there were more discussions applying to the issues of the day (like DS card firmware updates) instead of the issues applying to this day. Granted, I was gone for like, three years, so I'm uninformed on what happened within that timespan, but I can't say it's gotten any better or worse. Just different conversations, really.

omegasoul6

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i_dont_want_to_live_on_this_planet_anymore_20.jpg

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me or is with every forum on the planet, there's always a "Wasn't the forum better in the old days," thread where the majority of posts go "yeahhh it better before."

Honestly, I've been a member for four years and I can't say I've seen a notable increase or decline with forum quality. I remember 2009 being a case of people going "which flashcarts should I buy?" Or moronic flashcart fanboys. Activity has seemingly dropped since than but I would put that down to the DS and Wii verging on commercial death particularly as seemingly half the posts in that peroid were noobs/newbies/parents/retards asking how to pirate and with the inability to pirate the new consoles, the site is seeing less activity.

EDIT: Added more shit.
It was even better before that imo. I LOVED this site when I first joined but now it's decent. I come here mostly for USN.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.