Hardware Does anyone else hate the fact you cant turn on WiFi in DSMode

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,705
  • Replies 14
D

Deleted User

OP
I find it really annoying that you can only turn it off once, but not back on till you quit again, I don't like to leave wifi on all the time, just when I'm doing online stuff on my 3DS, since its burns so much battery.

Anyone else think that they should patch this in, in the future?

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It a software limitation. While in DS mode, the 3DS doesn't "know" how to turn the wireless back on. Its a pain sometimes, but nothing to flip out over.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
brandonspikes said:
I find it really annoying that you can only turn it off once, but not back on till you quit again, I don't like to leave wifi on all the time, just when I'm doing online stuff on my 3DS, since its burns so much battery.

Anyone else think that they should patch this in, in the future?
Yes, but it will not happen. Nintendo is lazy.

Pip'

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not that Nintendo is lazy, it's just that it would be extremely hard to. They'd have to bring the 3DS out of DS mode in order to turn on Wi-Fi, which would in-turn kill whatever game you were playing.

It's just you being lazy.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why turn on Wi-Fi before starting a DS game?
It's not like you'll appear online to your friends or anything. Nor will you be notified via Spotpass while you're in-game.
It's just a waste of battery life.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
I know the 3DS has its fair share of issues, but THIS is not one of them. >_>

Stop being lazy.
tongue.gif

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darmanitan said:
Why turn on Wi-Fi before starting a DS game?
It's not like you'll appear online to your friends or anything. Nor will you be notified via Spotpass while you're in-game.
It's just a waste of battery life.
If you're gonna play online like the OP, you're gonna want to turn on WiFi, right?

Is it really THAT HARD to explain to people? God.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
All 3DS features (StreetPass eg) will be disabled in DS mode.

And with my wireless switch always on, I can play wifi with my pokemon black, still.

D

Deleted User

OP
Slyakin said:
It's not that Nintendo is lazy, it's just that it would be extremely hard to. They'd have to bring the 3DS out of DS mode in order to turn on Wi-Fi, which would in-turn kill whatever game you were playing.

I don't think so, the fact that you can use the home menu means that there's still some sort of 3DS OS in tact, else it shouldn't even suspend the game.

And it terms of battery, its noticeable, especially with a supercard two running, the difference is over 2 hours.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
brandonspikes said:
Slyakin said:

I don't think so, the fact that you can use the home menu means that there's still some sort of 3DS OS in tact, else it shouldn't even suspend the game.

And it terms of battery, its noticeable, especially with a supercard two running, the difference is over 2 hours.
FYI when a DS game is being played and when you press the home button, the game won't be suspended at all. It will ask if you would like to close it and return to the home menu.

For me, I use a dstwo with all-time wireless switched on, brightness 2. Total battery lasted for about 7 hours. (Till totally flat)

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
chris888222 said:
brandonspikes said:
Slyakin said:

FYI when a DS game is being played and when you press the home button, the game won't be suspended at all. It will ask if you would like to close it and return to the home menu.

For me, I use a dstwo with all-time wireless switched on, brightness 2. Total battery lasted for about 7 hours. (Till totally flat)
I think that by suspend, they meant that it is still able to freeze the game while you are in that menu, and the fact that that menu can show up at all means that there must be some small bit of the 3DS OS intact.

D

Deleted User

OP
I just want to be able to toggle wireless in DS mode, you can turn it off, but not back on, without exited the game itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s