does anybody know what happened to xvirus?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Magus, Aug 25, 2010.

Aug 25, 2010
  1. Magus
    OP

Member Magus GBATEMP RPG MANIAC

he's the guy who was translating some of the fushigi no dungeon games,his site hasn't updated in a while so i was wondering if anybody knew anything here...

i hope i'm not breaking any rule in making this thread,if i am please feel free to delete it [​IMG]'

2. xvirus

Member xvirus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Life happened to me [​IMG] Sorry bro, I've been on a big vacation most of the summer driving around the US XD College classes are starting up again for me this upcoming Monday, so I'm not sure how much free time I'll have. As both of my translators have disappeared and probably died(I swear its a curse), the "team" is back to just me. There has been progress in Shiren since the last patch, but I really can't remember what all was done other than figuring out the pointer system since it's been so long and I really don't take notes like I should. There will eventually be another patch release, but until I get a translator it will depend solely on my free time.

On a side note, I'm glad to see that at least someone is still following my projects though [​IMG]

3. Magus
    OP

Member Magus GBATEMP RPG MANIAC

oh-hum i see
    actualy i was hoping more along of the line of a patch for torneko since the item patch for shiren 2 is serviceable enough but i guess that's pretty cool too [​IMG]
    did you know a shiren 5 got announced?

4. Dannytime

Newcomer Dannytime Newbie

United States
    He's not the only one still following your projects. I imagine there are lots of Shiren/Torneko fans who are dying for another patch release!

5. xvirus

Member xvirus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well, my free time is getting split between working on shiren and torneko, among other projects. As far as torneko goes, things are a bit slower due to half of the text using a weird encoding scheme(menus mostly). Though that is a lot more flexible as I have more or less free reign on the size of the text, whereas in shiren I'm somewhat bound by what is there.

Oh and yeah, I heard the announcement. They're just pumping these games out XD