Does anybody even play the old Xbox anymore?

HippoSheep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dietzel.com
XP
Country
United States
Really, are there any survivors like me that didn't get sucked into buying a 360 and totally dissing their old Xbox?
wtf.gif

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played Half Life 2 on it a while back, the last "xbox" game. Very often play SNES games on mine though, not so much as a media player now that I have a A605.

serious_sean

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
media center and emulation means that my xbox will be used often far into the future.

i am honestly, seriously frightened at the prospect of it dying and me being unable to replace it.
cry.gif

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
media center + wireless network = ftw?

i use it a plenty, movies, anime, tv series, anime and sometimes the odd music player at parties ^^

About the games, Halo 1 + xlink kai = ftw~. ah good times =D

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have 3 xboxs. All of them are used for XBMC. Never bothered with games on them for ages. I sometimes give the emulators a go as well. But MAME, C64 and the Amiga don't feel the same unless you can use a proper joystick.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
media center and emulation means that my xbox will be used often far into the future.

i am honestly, seriously frightened at the prospect of it dying and me being unable to replace it. Â
cry.gif

Original xbox can't die , it's indestructible , shame same can't be said for the 360
cry.gif

The original had more problems that the 360. Half of them had bad lasers/DVD drives. I had 3, 2 had a crappy laser and the third wouldn't recognize the drive at all.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can softmod it easily with a hotswap. The reqs are: Knowing what an IDE cable is, and being able to see the color red.

greyhound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah, i use mine daily and am still finding games i haven't played. I must admit it is used mainly for watching tv eps, trailers and youtube videos.

Got a bunch of emulators on there too which get used every once in a while. I am becoming more and more tempted by the 360 though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu