Hacking Does anybody actually use flash carts for their legal purpose?

What do you use your flash cart for?

• Total voters

Redeem

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't really spend my time with my DS, and my flashcart. I don't even want to bother to insert my AceKard into my 3DS. I usually used it for the free games and homebrew, but I already played all the games that are the right type for me, and.. I am now bored of it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
There is no such a thing as legal use of a flashcard.
Flashcards are unauthorized devices that you agree on not using when purchasing a Nintendo handheld system, it's right there in the services and agreement text etc...

So yeah, if you consider that flashcards are unauthorized devices to begin with, how can you possibly have legitimate use for them ?
You should only use official products with your system.
"Unauthorized" != "illegal".

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
No one buys a flashcart or mods a system of any kind to not use it illegally. I know I bought a flashcart to save money and to have any game I want in seconds and same with modding my Wii & Xbox. I would be a liar if I said I didn't.

P

pasc

Actually I also use it for backing up my real game card saves etc.

DSOrganize (currently for musicplaying since I wait for my Phone to come back to me).

I also gotta admit: GBA games on a 3DS ? Sure ! (DStwo and iPlayer allow that).

Reactions: TripleSMoon
D

Deleted User

I only use it for homebrew and game backups. I even paid sixty dollars to get a game imported so I could dump it and patch It to play it on my r4 instead of downloading it.

jerbear64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no such a thing as legal use of a flashcard.
Flashcards are unauthorized devices that you agree on not using when purchasing a Nintendo handheld system, it's right there in the services and agreement text etc...

So yeah, if you consider that flashcards are unauthorized devices to begin with, how can you possibly have legitimate use for them ?
You should only use official products with your system.
Flashcarts themselves aren't illegal.
Think of it as a DVD player: You can legally own one but it's illegal to run pirated DVDs off of them. It's still legal to run DVDs you made yourself on them, as well.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Flashcarts themselves aren't illegal.
Think of it as a DVD player: You can legally own one but it's illegal to run pirated DVDs off of them. It's still legal to run DVDs you made yourself on them, as well.

Except that DVD players are designed to read DVDs, DVD roms and even CDs, for legal uses such as your vacation video that you burned on DVD or your photos etc. etc..
There fore , there are legitimate use for DVD-roms in DVD players.

Since flashcards are not official products and are in most cases referred to as unauthorized devices by console makers, and in order to use a them even on the DS, some sort of piracy protection has to be bypassed, which usually involves bits of illegal codes such as fake game headers and so on, I would safely say that your comparison is irrelevant ;)

I would still say there is no such a thing as legitimate or legal use of flashcard.

But enough of this shit, I'm the first to admit I use flashcards ( I must have a dozen lying around ) modchips and CFW, and I'm pirate pretty much everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.