Does any think the new kirby might be worse than triple deleux?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Yil, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Yil
    OP

Yil GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    Maybe I should rewrite my letter.

2. Luglige

Luglige Resident Hell Spawn

Jan 24, 2016
    Antarctica
    under your bed
    I liked tripple deluxe...

regnad and TheKawaiiDesu like this.
  3. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    triple deluxe was fantastic

Woody8275 and TheKawaiiDesu like this.
  4. TheKawaiiDesu

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Aug 23, 2015
    Korea, North
    Lowee
    Well, tbh Triple Deluxe was good in my opinion... Terribly easy, but clearly not a bad game (while the Wii U one is really bad).
    So no, it doesn't look like it's going to be a bad game for me. But I can be surprised.

5. Yil
    OP

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    I wasn't saying it's bad. It was just that the new game might not match the expectation of older ones. Nintendo is really having a downfall.

6. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    Triple Deluxe was a very good Kirby game in a long time. So I don't know what you are talking about. It will be just as good !

Pip'

7. Yil
    OP

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    It is just that the new one might not be as good.

8. doctorgoat

doctorgoat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 3, 2015
    United States
    You don't know anything about it besides vague press releases and you're already writing letters and getting sad?

9. Real_Redwolf

Real_Redwolf GBAtemp Regular

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Triple Deluxe was okay. I didn't like it as much as Return to DreamLand, but it was still pretty good (even if it was extremely easy).

TheKawaiiDesu likes this.
  10. fischermasamune

fischermasamune GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2013
    United States
    I didn't like it at all... probably the worst 2d platformer to have a physical release (worse than New Super Mario Brothers 2, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D and Yoshi's New Island).

11. BothyBhoy

BothyBhoy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 27, 2015
    I'm. Afraid I liked Kirby deluxe, but as you say Kirby on wiiu was crap...

12. hawks-soad

hawks-soad Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2014
    I really liked Triple Deluxe, i think the new Kirby looks kinda weird TBH

13. Edrian

Edrian Ello

Feb 22, 2016
    Belize
    I think that the new Kirby game looks pretty alright. The new mechanic may not seem like what would normally be seen in a Kirby game but it definitely looks awesome. Btw, Triple Deluxe was good :P

14. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I feel like Nintendo robbed us all blind when they made (Or RE-made) Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland... just to find out they just basically made a GBA version of Kirby's Adventure from the NES. I thought it was going to be a fresh new adventure, but the title change misled me, a pre-internet consumer in the GBA era.

15. Purge

Purge GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2016
    United States
    I haven't played triple deluxe but I agree that the new Kirby looks weird AF.

16. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    i recently finished triple deluxe. apart from a few bs sun stones that could just fall into an abyss, it was very easy and overall predictable as far as level design and such went.
    but individual levels were way too long for my tastes.
    didnt like mega nova mechanic. or to be precise, i didnt like the unskipable and annoying sucking in minicutscenes. yeah great its funny how that waddle dee fights for his life, pulling out a whole island from a sea of lava or whatever. but did it have to take 40 seconds?
    the final boss battle seemed very out of place if you ask me. and most bosses in general seemed boring. only dedede battle was interesting if you asked me.
    bow kirby was op af

17. DKB

DKB FUCK OFF

May 29, 2015
    United States
    New York City, Manhattan
    Triple Deluxe was a fine game, in my opinion (who gives a damn). I actually bought it.

It seems like they just took triple deluxe and put kirby in a mech-suit and monsters in mech-suits. That's how I see it. I think the game will be alright..

but who gives a fuck if the game is good or not if you know about gbatemp you know about cracking 3ds games so you know you're going to get it for free anyways so who cares

if you say you are going to buy it

[​IMG]

So, I wouldn't really give a score on a game I'm not going to buy. Just get for free.

18. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    I thought Triple Deluxe was the best Kirby since the GBA era personally. It was quite creative while staying within the tradition, instead of with some new gimmick that doesn't really work.

If you're complaint is that TD was too easy, you're playing the wrong series!