Gaming Does Animal Crossing: New Horizon have LAN play?

Funkyvenusaur

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
New to this forum and can't find ask a question button, I was wondering if anyone knew if the new animal crossing New Horizon game has LAN play? If so how would I be able to access this. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, thanks for all the help :3

Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

torrentpal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lan works great, I am playing with banned switch and wife is playing with a legit brand new animal Crossing Switch. I can also use cheats and then give her stuff.

Reactions: DarknessPlay3r

dracosson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you can play over local wifi ? Doesn't setting up wifi contact the big N ?
I'm having to set up wifi but unsure if it will be safe ... I'm not the one playing animal crossing. I play offline games but other people have legit switch lites they would like to play with animal crossing. I just don't want them to go play one day and oh you cant connect your banned.

Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
so you can play over local wifi ? Doesn't setting up wifi contact the big N ?
I'm having to set up wifi but unsure if it will be safe ... I'm not the one playing animal crossing. I play offline games but other people have legit switch lites they would like to play with animal crossing. I just don't want them to go play one day and oh you cant connect your banned.

good question =0...i wanted to know this as well. because i wanna play with my friends through lanplay i just don't know if i can

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue with local play. I can join my fiance's game just fine but when she tries to join mine, it instantly says "A communication error has occurred." My switch is modded and hers isn't. Not sure what's wrong.

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm having an issue with local play. I can join my fiance's game just fine but when she tries to join mine, it instantly says "A communication error has occurred." My switch is modded and hers isn't. Not sure what's wrong.

i found out that you cannot play with anyone who's switch isn't homebrew(hacked) at all :( so that's possibly why you're getting that error my random dude. i mean if you can play with anyone else on a homebrew switch while there's isn't on lanplay would love to know this xD lol cause i saw someone else asking the question for that and they said it's possible :O...but then i got a different answer from a group of people on the discord for lanplay @[email protected] just advice to be careful or you'll get banned.

MasterKurisu

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm curious with this and hopefully also get help. My switch is hacked and my wife is using a switch lite. We played locally the other day. A day later my switch is banned, and I thought it isn't that bad, I can still play locally. But we've been having problems connecting today. Either she cannot find my island on her switch lite. Or I can't find her on my switch.

Anybody experience this?

dracosson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird... I didn't have an issue at 1.1.0. You need bluetooth enabled but you don't need wifi.
I was hacked switch OG and then they were playing with a switch lite which had digitally bought the game.

SwissHacked

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Weird... I didn't have an issue at 1.1.0. You need bluetooth enabled but you don't need wifi.
I was hacked switch OG and then they were playing with a switch lite which had digitally bought the game.

Hi. Dont sure to understand. I would like, with an hacked/banned OG Switch, joining my son island on a legit other OG Switch through local multiplayer.

How did you do that ? :-)

Thanks

Reactions: Papa_Jon

ryanmanrules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have a hacked and legit switch that I local played in 1.1.0 but after I updated to 1.1.1 it seems I get the error "communication error stuck on airplane try again blah blah". I'm also using Edison overlay cheat if that might impact it..

FabolousPotatoePet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have a hacked and legit switch that I local played in 1.1.0 but after I updated to 1.1.1 it seems I get the error "communication error stuck on airplane try again blah blah". I'm also using Edison overlay cheat if that might impact it..

Is the person you are trying to connect to also using 1.1.1?

jiiikoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
What's the consensus? Is it safe to play on LAN with a legit Switch and copy of the game and join with a hacked switch and pirated copy?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    "Start your day with Cup Noodles Breakfast! This limited time flavor blends ramen with your favorite breakfast flavors, including pancakes, maple syrup, sausage, and eggs."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If our Walmart has them yours probably does
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I came to like french Camembert
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get way too self conscious about ingredients
    Grilled peanut butter sandwiches with banana, bacon, and marshmallow cream. YUM!!!!
    one of my favorites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Okay elvis
    fuck elvis. lol :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My type c cable is starting to die guess I better order one from my desk
    sounds like something Ween would play
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    And here I thought I was the only one that buy cables in bulk
    Nope. Theres two of you! Haha
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They're so cheap now why not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like the L angle connectors which add more force to it I guess which defeats the point
    i only buy new ones when theres a new standard and I have gear that uses it. Otherwise my cables seem to last forever.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Ween made a song about waving dicks in the wind.
    +1
    L angle cables are amazing when needed.
    @SylverReZ Yup. Been a longtime fan of Ween. Not a mega-fan by any means but I'm pretty familiar with most of their tunes.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like the wee
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I like electronics that use detachable cables, that way if the cable breaks you can just swap in a new one instead of replacing the whole unit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Ween-er :creep:
    they make brown music. lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Brown note
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    for keyboards, headphones or controllers ,it's a must have
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: for keyboards, headphones or controllers ,it's a must have