Gaming Does Animal Crossing: New Horizon have LAN play?

SwissHacked

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
My situation :
No cheat activated. Local multiplayer access opened on the legit Switch. Tried to join with the hacked Switch. No island found.

D

Deleted User

No cheat activated. Local multiplayer access opened on the legit Switch. Tried to join with the hacked Switch. No island found.​

Check the following:
1. Ensure the hacked switch doesn't have ldn_mitm installed; this routes local wireless games over LAN instead (Won't work with unhacked switches)
2. Delete the internet data off both switches and try again. You may have set your wifi to use lan-play or use a static IP or something in the past.

If neither of those work I'm not sure, sorry.

SwissHacked

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
No cheat activated. Local multiplayer access opened on the legit Switch. Tried to join with the hacked Switch. No island found.​

Check the following:
1. Ensure the hacked switch doesn't have ldn_mitm installed; this routes local wireless games over LAN instead (Won't work with unhacked switches)
2. Delete the internet data off both switches and try again. You may have set your wifi to use lan-play or use a static IP or something in the past.

If neither of those work I'm not sure, sorry.

It was that ! I disabled the ldn_mitm and all is ok now. Thanks mate.

Deleted member 514389

GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
i found out that you cannot play with anyone who's switch isn't homebrew(hacked) at all :( so that's possibly why you're getting that error my random dude. i mean if you can play with anyone else on a homebrew switch while there's isn't on lanplay would love to know this xD lol cause i saw someone else asking the question for that and they said it's possible :O...but then i got a different answer from a group of people on the discord for lanplay @[email protected] just advice to be careful or you'll get banned.
Nope. Easily. If both have the same ac.nh version it'll work just fine.
Played with a friend (his is a stock switch, mine Atmo) and it works perfectly.
Maybe you need to move the consoles closer.

The switch sometimes sucks with local play distances over 3m.

PS: We opened the gates in turns.
Both ways worked, no matter who invited.

Last edited by Deleted member 514389,
Reactions: DarknessPlay3r

maraxion

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Great thread!

So to recap, this is doable over bluetooth even doh your switch is hacked and the others isent. You can even disable wifi.
I'm curious with this and hopefully also get help. My switch is hacked and my wife is using a switch lite. We played locally the other day. A day later my switch is banned, and I thought it isn't that bad, I can still play locally. But we've been having problems connecting today. Either she cannot find my island on her switch lite. Or I can't find her on my switch.

Anybody experience this?

It seems its doable, but im curious about yours since you did get banned. Are you using any dns blockers or others? Did you have wifi on etc. Seems strange you got a ban if its over bluetooth so great to know.

Last edited by maraxion,

maraxion

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok so iv tried this out with a modded and non moded switch, and it works on wifi. I have not been banned.
But im having a problem where we get disconnected every few minutes. Any idea? See picture.
tCRWMzh

Attachments

• IMG_20200407_204356628.jpg
    IMG_20200407_204356628.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 209
Last edited by maraxion,

byanime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you play LAN multiplayer if you are on different game update versions?
Or you have to update the lower one to at least same to be able to play lan multiplayer mode?

GlakeGG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to bump an old thread. But I just came across the issue today as well where my unhacked Switch, cannot visit the town on my hacked Switch. It does detect the town as a place to visit (local play) but upon selecting I immediately get an error connection drop. It works the other way, around, however.

raulioli8810

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I am having the same issue
I have been connecting successfully for weeks and all of a sudden one day it stopped working.
Now Even if i try to match local versions with Pokemob , as a test, it fails as well.
So seems like my local connecting is disabled?
I can connect to the WiFi fine. But local never works
Please help me

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having the same issue
I have been connecting successfully for weeks and all of a sudden one day it stopped working.
Now Even if i try to match local versions with Pokemob , as a test, it fails as well.
So seems like my local connecting is disabled?
I can connect to the WiFi fine. But local never works
Please help me
Read the thread, it’s only two pages. Disable lan play sysmodule.

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i play LAN on animal crossing with a legit switch, mine is banned btw
Yes. I play local with my daughter. Hers is legit, mine is a backup. Both devices on AC version 1.4.2.

Just go to the airport like you're flying to another island or hosting and when they ask where, say local.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

oiKazzoo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes i know it works in local, but i'm asking if when i'm at my home and her in her's we could play like "lan online" with my CFW switch and her OFW switch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum