Hacking Does A9LH affect DS compatibility?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the only thing A9LH affects is Gateway compatibility. If you don't own a Gateway flashcart, then that doesn't really matter.

If you do, there is a roundabout solution to make it compatible, but it requires making an entirely separate emunand dedicated to booting Gateway.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
odd.... for me, ds card works in emunand on 2ds, not n3ds.
one of my o3dsxl with update sysnand always get black screen

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This only enables the usage of a fraction of all possible cards.
As rxTools didn't even have compatability patches of TWL_FIRM for New 3DS, AuReiNAND doesn't have them as well.
At least AuRei has signature patches, so yeah the v0 of the whitelist is at least usable.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This only enables the usage of a fraction of all possible cards.
As rxTools didn't even have compatability patches of TWL_FIRM for New 3DS, AuReiNAND doesn't have them as well.
At least AuRei has signature patches, so yeah the v0 of the whitelist is at least usable.
do you know why this happened?
"o3dsxl with update sysnand always get black screen when I try to run r4isdhc" aureinand

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the only thing A9LH affects is Gateway compatibility. If you don't own a Gateway flashcart, then that doesn't really matter.

If you do, there is a roundabout solution to make it compatible, but it requires making an entirely separate emunand dedicated to booting Gateway.
My A9LH emunand works fine in gateway...

Gcentrex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have fixed n3ds emunand with timewrap.cia, but it doesn't seem work on the o3dsxl with updated sysnand:(

Don't use timewarp.cia it's an old file and new firmware will not load it (only worked on 9.2)

Use the pre patched TWL firm for O3DS it bypasses the whitelist (timewarp not needed)

I have modded
Multiple systems and all from 2DS/O3DS and N3DS with the correct TWN firm load my Acekard2i without issues (Card blocked around 4.5 firmware)

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't use timewarp.cia it's an old file and new firmware will not load it (only worked on 9.2)

Use the pre patched TWL firm for O3DS it bypasses the whitelist (timewarp not needed)

I have modded
Multiple systems and all from 2DS/O3DS and N3DS with the correct TWN firm load my Acekard2i without issues (Card blocked around 4.5 firmware)
eh..... why timewrap fixed the problem on a9lh n3dsll 10.7 emunand, but not updated sysnand o3dsxl:wacko:

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I have modded
my r4isdhc 2015 works on both sysnand & emunand on 2ds and n3dsll

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have modded

What you should do now is to downgrade your AK2i to the older firmware with this game icon | Deep Labyrinth - Digital Bros (DSi v1.4.4 & 3DS 4.0.0-7/4.1.0-8)
this allows the AK2i to instantly bootup as the later releases use extra tricks to bypass the enhanced security of 4.2 and 4.3 that adds a black screen for up to a couple seconds before loading.

Here's a link for a zip containing the following updates;
ak2ifw_update_3ds_v1 27-03-11
ak2ifw_update_3ds40_dsi144 05-04-12 USE THIS ONE
ak2ifw_update_3ds42_dsi144 14-07-12
ak2ifw_update_3ds43_dsi144 30-08-12

https://mega.nz/#!jsp12RCK!K7Z27MIkeTAeHfGFMVrOOMVkKp698E1jsbvLX5fFIuc

Last edited by driverdis,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: