Hacking does a wii with wiikey support big dvd-r gc disks?

modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
im going to put a snes emulater on my wii that comes with a whole bunch of snes games (i currently own)...

im going to burn the iso to a full sized 4.7 gig dvd-r...

if wiikey accepts gamecube homebrews, will it accept big sized dvds???

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The problem I've had is that the SNES emu (sensgx) wouldn't recognize the Wii DVD drive and wouln't let me load roms from there. I got the emu to load of DVD fine though, I had it sized at just over a gig.

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know it can read a gc game on a full size disk the same as my gc can, What I was saying is can it read the FULL 4.7gb in GC mode?? Not just the usual gc game image size!!!
rolleyes.gif

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What, pray tell, do you plan on putting on the other 3.2 gigs?

There is no way to currently load multiple iso images onto a disk to have multi boot games on the disk, and I don't think there's even 1.47 gig worth of homebrew out there, nor will there probably ever be, so why do you even care?

3DPiper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a wiikey on pre-order, and definitely hope to play NES, SNES, N64, and GBA games via homebrew (didn't know wiikey did that!)..

If you can't fill a DVD with Roms, where do you put the roms for the emulator to find them and play them?

-Matthew

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
What, pray tell, do you plan on putting on the other 3.2 gigs?

There is no way to currently load multiple iso images onto a disk to have multi boot games on the disk, and I don't think there's even 1.47 gig worth of homebrew out there, nor will there probably ever be, so why do you even care?
DVD playback. GameCube was physically unable to read beyond 1.4 GB, now that limit's gone.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China