Doctor Who - Turn Left

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just finished watching Doctor Who - Turn Left...

I won't spoil it for everyone, so tags...

Billie Piper finally comes back for the episode, instead of being a bystander, or image on a monitor! And what's with the end of ALL Universes?? I smell Daleks! Just from the preview, I wanna make a guess that somehow the Dalek that escaped from the Empire State Building found a way to paradox all the Daleks back from the Time War, but wouldn't that mean the Time Lords could be brought back as well? OMG... a week is way too long to wait!

Who seriously can't wait a week for the next episode???

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I watched Turn Left just now, i missed it on Saturday.

Yeah the Daleks are back

No surprise
closedeyes.gif

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
This saturday is going to be AMAZING.

It's like everyone is coming back!
biggrin.gif
The thing is, the TARDIS was glowing red... wasn't that the same colour the TARDIS was when The Master turned it into a Paradox machine? Methinks zidane_genome is right on his estimations
wink.gif
Anyway, it was really interesting to see Catherine Tate on her own in Dr. Who, I think she handled it really well. She's definitely proven to people she can play serious roles, that's for sure. Trust RTD to go completely epic now that he's relinquishing his spot as lead director >>'

KDH

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping they'll bring back Micky Smith as well as Rose for the last two episodes, he was one of my favorite supporting characters in the first two seasons.

I don't think they'd use the paradox machine again so soon, I think that with the end of all universes coming, and the fact that Rose had crossed over from "Pete's World," the void is going to open up into our universe, dumping everything it contains right in the middle of London. And that means we get to see more Daleks vs. Cybermen, unless the Daleks have spent their time in the void eradicating them.

I'm also wondering if, with everything that's going on, we'll see Jenny again this season, or if we'll have to wait for Torchwood S3 or Doctor Who S5 to see her again...

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KDH said:
I'm hoping they'll bring back Micky Smith as well as Rose for the last two episodes, he was one of my favorite supporting characters in the first two seasons.

I don't think they'd use the paradox machine again so soon, I think that with the end of all universes coming, and the fact that Rose had crossed over from "Pete's World," the void is going to open up into our universe, dumping everything it contains right in the middle of London. And that means we get to see more Daleks vs. Cybermen, unless the Daleks have spent their time in the void eradicating them.

I'm also wondering if, with everything that's going on, we'll see Jenny again this season, or if we'll have to wait for Torchwood S3 or Doctor Who S5 to see her again...

In the next episode "The Stolen Earth" and the last "Journey's End" alot of the cast from previous episodes are coming back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stolen_Earth

* Elisabeth Sladen - Sarah Jane Smith
* Gareth David-Lloyd - Ianto Jones
* Eve Myles - Gwen Cooper
* Thomas Knight - Luke Smith
* Bernard Cribbins – Wilfred Mott
* Jacqueline King – Sylvia Noble
* Adjoa Andoh – Francine Jones
* Julian Bleach – Davros
* Noel Clarke - Mickey Smith
* Michael Brandon – General Sanchez
* Andrea Harris – Suzanne
* Lachele Carl – Trinity Wells
* Richard Dawkins – Himself
* Paul O'Grady – Himself
* Marcus Cunningham – Drunk Man
* Jason Mohammad – Newsreader
* Paul Kasey – Judoon
* Kelly Hunter – Shadow Architect
* Amy Beth Hayes – Albino Servant
* Gary Milner – Scared Man
* Nicholas Briggs – Dalek voices
* Alexander Armstrong – Mr Smith[1]

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geeze, i just clicked some of the spoilers just for a quick look at what i've been missing and what i'll miss... and hell, i'm REALLY missing the Doctor since i don't watch TV much anymore. :\

Soon enough, i'll catch back up. Love this show.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't normally watch it (I didn't see it as a kid and it was so over-hyped that watching it when it came back was a huge letdown) but I've rather liked this series, much darker than that rubbish they started the new ones with. The end of that last episode looked brilliant.
Having not seen the earlier stuff it refers to I probably won't get a lot of the past connections you lot have been talking about but hey, it looks like it'll be entertaining even without that. I'll have to watch it anyway, because you can bet they'll refer to it later in Torchwood / Sarah Jane.

The Teej

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Psyfira said:
I don't normally watch it (I didn't see it as a kid and it was so over-hyped that watching it when it came back was a huge letdown) but I've rather liked this series, much darker than that rubbish they started the new ones with. The end of that last episode looked brilliant.
Having not seen the earlier stuff it refers to I probably won't get a lot of the past connections you lot have been talking about but hey, it looks like it'll be entertaining even without that. I'll have to watch it anyway, because you can bet they'll refer to it later in Torchwood / Sarah Jane.

Watch the last 2 episodes of season 2, and Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks in Season 3 and you'll be pretty much set. Catching the Doctor Who confidential for the episode just gone might help a little, too.

As for the rest...

Martha Jones is a trainee doctor from Planet Eath who happened to meet The Doctor in a chance encounter in the hospital she works in when The Doctor is admitted as patient (nothing serious). Jidoon (those crazy rhino aliens) comes along and zaps the entire hospital onto the moon looking for a prisoner of theirs. Long story short, Martha finds out he has 2 hearts and saves the day, Martha developers a crush and tags along. They go forth across time and space with run of the mill stuff happening up until the Daleks show up in 1920's Manhattan (I'll let you watch this, too much to explain). Other crazy stuff happens from there on in until the end of season, where the TARDIS accidentally ends up at the very end of the Universe (Year 100 trillion) where it's a desolate chaotic wasteland. Jack Harkness (A mysterious time agent, whole different story) somehow latches onto the TARDIS before it leaves and ends up travelling with them. He's immortal, so he surives the trip.

Long story short, they come across a professor who's trying to build a time machine, and Martha stumbles across a watch this professor has (A watch identical to The Doctor's watch that he used to contain his Timelord self in and turn himself into a Human), and they find out he's actually a Timelord, and actually he's The Master (yes, that same one from ye olde dr. who) and turns the TARDIS into a Paradox machine and heads off back to 2007, leaving The Doctor behind. Jack uses a fixed Time Watch to hop back to 2007. From here on in, I'd personally also watch the last 2 episodes of season 3, as a) it's a lot and b) I don't have the time to write a summary
tongue.gif

All you'll need to know about Rose Tyler I'm fairly certain can be explained in those last 2 episodes in S2. Don't watch S1 to try and catch up, either read summaries online or fill in the blanks yourself.

Hope this helps
laugh.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah it helps, ta
smile.gif
I'd seen bits of it (come on, not much else on on a saturday), I think you've filled in enough blanks for it to make sense now.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The final two episodes will be complete fanwank. I could mention what happens but to quote From Dusk Till Dawn; "I may be a asshole but I'm not a fucking asshole".

Still I'm sure I'll enjoy it, the series was real boring up until The Unicorn & the Wasp episode, really wasn't into the whole "clone" arc. Still won't better the first series (well the first since it came back) but I hope RTD leaves on a high instead of being remembered for killing some of the episodes with his style of "drama".

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
I want Rose back as well.

The last episode I saw was about the robots who had two shadows and the "Hey who turned out the lights" thingy.

zidane_genome

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rjbr2000 said:

The last episode I saw was about the robots who had two shadows and the "Hey who turned out the lights" thingy.

That was "The Library"... not really about robots with 2 shadows... guess you really didn't watch it that well, lol

Anyway, for those that watch it on Sci-Fi, your about 3 weeks behind. I will be getting home from my mother-in-laws just in time to download the new one from the BBC! I can't wait! Back to my own high speed internet, and not having to sit on the back steps to "borrow" some wifi to get DS games, and check the boards!

Big question is, are they going to replace the Doctor again? it's been a few seasons... what are your thoughts?

The Teej

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
rjbr2000 said:

That was "The Library"... not really about robots with 2 shadows... guess you really didn't watch it that well, lol

Anyway, for those that watch it on Sci-Fi, your about 3 weeks behind. I will be getting home from my mother-in-laws just in time to download the new one from the BBC! I can't wait! Back to my own high speed internet, and not having to sit on the back steps to "borrow" some wifi to get DS games, and check the boards!

Big question is, are they going to replace the Doctor again? it's been a few seasons... what are your thoughts?

You can't get rid of David Tennant, that'd be totally uncool! It wouldn't feel right having a different doctor so soon
frown.gif

zidane_genome

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They got rid of Chris after one season! That was unfair... he was a good Doctor! Quick witted, and cruel when needed... David isn't that cruel... I don't think he ever could be...

The Teej

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
They got rid of Chris after one season! That was unfair... he was a good Doctor! Quick witted, and cruel when needed... David isn't that cruel... I don't think he ever could be...

They didn't "get rid of Chris", he wanted to leave.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1