CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Zarkz said:
I just watched the episode. I noticed something interesting that I'll put in Spoiler tags.
Song went to prison for killing the best man she knew. The Doctor dies this episode, and he said he knew who it was in the suit. I think Song was the Astronaut. The reason she killed him will be revealed in the mid series finale(I'm guessing).
I thought that to but then again THAT seemed too obvious to me & as you know there's always a twist somewhere in the series.

SirCB85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SignZ said:
I also just saw, that this weekend we get 2 episodes!
Apr Saturday 23
Doctor Who (2005) 6x01 The Impossible Astronaut (1)
Apr Sunday 24
Doctor Who (2005) 6x02 Day of the Moon (2)
How great is that?
smile.gif

Sorry, but on the DW-Site over on bbc.co.uk it says the next episode is airing next saturday :-(

QUOTE(Zarkz @ Apr 24 2011, 09:42 AM) I just watched the episode. I noticed something interesting that I'll put in Spoiler tags.

Song went to prison for killing the bast man she knew. The Doctor dies this episode, and he said he knew who it was in the suit. I think Song was the Astronaut. The reason she killed him will be revealed in the mid series finale(I'm guessing).
Well that would make kind of sense, but then again why would River shoot in at the Astronaut in such a rage? because if she is the one in the suit she would most definately know about that.

EDIT: ProtoKun do you mind if I borrow your brilliant sig? ;-)

Zarkz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SirCB85 said:
SignZ said:
I also just saw, that this weekend we get 2 episodes!
Apr Saturday 23
Doctor Who (2005) 6x01 The Impossible Astronaut (1)
Apr Sunday 24
Doctor Who (2005) 6x02 Day of the Moon (2)
How great is that?
smile.gif

Sorry, but on the DW-Site over on bbc.co.uk it says the next episode is airing next saturday :-(

QUOTE(Zarkz @ Apr 24 2011, 09:42 AM) I just watched the episode. I noticed something interesting that I'll put in Spoiler tags.

Song went to prison for killing the bast man she knew. The Doctor dies this episode, and he said he knew who it was in the suit. I think Song was the Astronaut. The reason she killed him will be revealed in the mid series finale(I'm guessing).
Well that would make kind of sense, but then again why would River shoot in at the Astronaut in such a rage? because if she is the one in the suit she would most definately know about that.

EDIT: ProtoKun do you mind if I borrow your brilliant sig? ;-)

She shot the astronaut because she didn't know it was herself.

SirCB85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I never said she was, but her victim was a man, so is the doctor, since the speculations about River beeing the one in the astronautsuit killing the doctor.
But if River was the one in the suit killing the Doctor, her future self would have known about that, what would make the rage she shot at the Astronaut at least unplausible unless she wanted to kill herself for killing the Doctor OR she knew she would miss herself because she remembers beeing shot at but not getting hit by the bullets.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What is the point in the newspapers practically spoiling TV shows. Need something to fill the blank pages? I suggest more "page 3's".
OT: Just watched the episode again and...
If you look at the little girl in the "next time" trailers she appears to be evil and then she's working with the silence (that enemy) so it could be the little girl that shoots the doctor. Maybe the little girl is river? "I killed the best man I know"

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Zarkz said:
I just watched the episode. I noticed something interesting that I'll put in Spoiler tags.

I had the same theory. That may or may not be the case, but I tend not to rule anything out too early.

QUOTE(SirCB85 @ Apr 24 2011, 02:02 PM) Well that would make kind of sense, but then again why would River shoot in at the Astronaut in such a rage? because if she is the one in the suit she would most definately know about that.
If you listen as she runs out of bullets she says "no...of course not". Maybe it was her in the suit, and if so and she knows she wasn't shot when going back in the water she'd say "of course not" as in "of course this wouldn't work because it didn't work the first time around".

And as yet we don't know the exact identity of the girl. That will probably be quite significant.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
But you've still got the whole mystery of:
Amy's child. What will he/she grow up to do that's significant? Was the astronaut her son/daughter?

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's also very possible. As I said, I'm not ruling anything out, and I'm keeping open minded about it.

What if River were Amy's daughter?
nyanya.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wizerzak said:
Amy's child. What will he/she grow up to do that's significant? Was the astronaut her son/daughter?
I reckon

it's the doctor's. The alien thingy told her she had to tell him "what he had to know and what he must never know"; what he had to know - she's pregnant. what he must never know - it's his.

probably not, but just a theory.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SifJar said:
Wizerzak said:
I reckon

it's the doctor's. The alien thingy told her she had to tell him "what he had to know and what he must never know"; what he had to know - she's pregnant. what he must never know - it's his.

probably not, but just a theory.
I don't think they ever want people to associate the doctor with sex, even when the doctor had a daughter she was a clone of his genes. :/ Especially sex with Amy anyway, maybe with River.

EDIT: WHAT THE F*** JUST HAPPENED?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!?!??!?!?!?! THE LITTLE GIRL IS A..... AND AMY IS OR ISN'T............. WAT.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Agree WTF !!!! ..... (just finished watching the 2nd part)
The Girl does seem to be.... & Amy also seemed 'related'...... but HOW ????

I now suspect
in fact EMPTY when the Doctor is killed

River did say it was repairing itself, & it may've captured the girl
... does not seem to be the same one we've seen earlier

I'm sorry, got nothing against Matt as the Doctor, but the storylines nowadays are getting weird IMHO (i must be getting on a bit)...

Before we had individual stories, with a 'hint' of something major is happening/going to happen (i.e 'Bad Wolf' cropping up) throughout the series - but now it seems the writers are determined to have just one MAJOR storyline & then just bolting on some side line of a story to link each 'bit' together

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's my theory on this
I'm not entirely sure who the girl is... I THINK she's Amy's daughter but not sure whether its RIver or not. When the Doctor got into the room with the Silence he said "Hmm, I've seen one of these before. It was abandoned, wonder how that happened". Still think that it is the same Proto-TARDIS seen in the Lodger. Not sure whether its an older or a newer version of it though. I.e. whether the TARDIS was repaired in the Lodger and travelled back or if this is an earlier incarnation. THe reason the Silence want the girl is that she is part Time Lord and therefore can activate the Proto-TARDIS again and allow them to use it to travel through time and space...assuming it works.

My theory is a bit haphazard and of course a theory and unlikely to be the truth.

As for the episode. Brilliantly creepy and scary. ALso damned confusing and with funny edges. Basically: DAMN GOOD WHO!

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
CannonFoddr said:
I'm sorry, got nothing against Matt as the Doctor, but the storylines nowadays are getting weird IMHO (i must be getting on a bit)...
Hardly Matt's fault. Besides, weird is cool.

Personally, I think this was a great episode too.
As soon as the girl said she was dying I knew she was going to regenerate.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me the last series was the best since the first series (well first when it came back) never got into David's Doctor and RTD allowed some incredibly bad episodes.

This series so far is excellent, though the last episode was such a cocktease! There doesn't seem to be a bad sounding episode in the bunch and they don't seem to be relying on past enemies to get better ratings.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Tonight's episode has reminded me of something.
Remember the episode from Tennant's era called The Doctor's Daughter? WTF happened with that? She regenerates at the end and flies off into the galaxy, and that's the last we ever see of her (which is a damn shame as she was pretty fuckin' fine). Do they ever plan on bringing that particular plot element back into things? Also, I'm pissed off with the doctor. He's already got a fuckin' Tardis that can take him damn near anywhere and anywhen, and he's pretty much immortal in the grand scheme of things. Don't tell me he's fuckin' Amy Pond on the side too. NOBODY is that lucky. Not even a Time Lord.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Blaze163 said:
Tonight's episode has reminded me of something.
Remember the episode from Tennant's era called The Doctor's Daughter? WTF happened with that? She regenerates at the end and flies off into the galaxy, and that's the last we ever see of her (which is a damn shame as she was pretty fuckin' fine). Do they ever plan on bringing that particular plot element back into things? Also, I'm pissed off with the doctor. He's already got a fuckin' Tardis that can take him damn near anywhere and anywhen, and he's pretty much immortal in the grand scheme of things. Don't tell me he's fuckin' Amy Pond on the side too. NOBODY is that lucky. Not even a Time Lord.
& you've reminded me of something as well
IIRC River said she first saw the Doctor as a girl - she know a LOT about the doctor (but we don't REALLY know much about HER - we assume she's his future wife) and that both their 'timelines' are opposite to each other - The first time SHE kissed the Doctor may've been the LAST time the Timelord kissed her, so when SHE first met him as a girl... He was older than he is now

But IS she a timelord? - or a 'halfbreed' - & is she actually the Doctors or someone elses (remember the remaining Time lords were/are NOT dead just 'lost/trapped')

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blaze: Jenny didn't actually regenerate, she only healed.

(Although back then it was said she was shot in the heart or something when the shot was nearer to the middle of the chest anyway. There's also the fact that if one heart is damaged you can probably stay alive while it heals and the other heart will keep you going.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans