Doctor Who NES, official GBAtemp review

01_dr.who_nes_gbatemp_review_by_another_world-title_screen-s.jpg
03_dr.who_nes_gbatemp_review_by_another_world-cut_scene_amy_pond-s.jpg

I have just clicked the publish button on my latest review, a physical NES cart release for a Cosmo Police Galivan hack. This hack includes Doctor Who elements, sprites, and a partial English translation rewrite. What did I think of the platforming and RPG-like elements and the hack itself? Read the review and find out!

Those interested in purchasing this physical cart release can find it exclusively at the PacnsacdaveRepros Etsy store.

:arrow: Doctor Who NES Review

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
What's next? An actual review of a Super Mario Bros hack with links to some repro store? Review the original game instead, and include the hack as a side note next time.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
What's next? An actual review of a Super Mario Bros hack with links to some repro store? Review the original game instead, and include the hack as a side note next time.

are you trying to insinuate something? i give proper thanks to every retailer/store who has ever supplied me with a review sample.

the entire point of this review was to review the hack on a physical cart. instead of complaining, step up and write your own reviews the way you want them written. this is why the review section is open to all members.

-another world

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
are you trying to insinuate something? i give proper thanks to every retailer/store who has ever supplied me with a review sample. the entire point of this review was to review the hack on a physical cart. instead of complaining, step up and write your own reviews the way you want them written. this is why the review section is open to all members.

I'm not insinuating anything. Your review is competently written, but the subject matter is a problem. Just because I don't write reviews doesn't mean I'm not entitled to an opinion. Do you make games, or hacks for that matter? I'm guessing you're not, but you'll write reviews just the same. Either way, cartridge releases of unpublished games are one thing, and reproductions of obscenely expensive titles are another. This, however, is the lowest form of profit by using someone else's work. Selling a sprite hack is, well, ridiculous. I know this is fueled by this whole Dr. Who craze, which I can't even begin to understand, but it doesn't make it OK, and it doesn't make this into a legitimate product.

I just thought of sprite-hacking Dr. Mario's pills into Dalek and renaming it Dr. Who, and I already hate myself for it. Sure, there have been many legitimate sprite hacks, when companies took one game, and sold it as something else overseas, because new sprites were characters people would actually recognize. That doesn't mean you have to give someone free publicity just because they sent you a game. Have you seen the other hacks in that store? Come on, man. Have some ethics, or something. You might not care about Cosmo Police Galivan, but tell me you're not hurting inside when you see Donkey Kong being sold as a sprite hack called Freddy vs Jason, and I'll know you simply don't care altogether.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i don't care to give it as much emotional concern as you do. i'm having fun. that hack was fun to review. giving thanks to the store that allowed the review to be possible, IS having ethics.

i'm not about to list my extensive homebrew making, pc and NES hack involvment, just so you have more fodder to spit out your mouth cannon. looking back at your history you tend to post alot about your "opinions" but you never seem to contribute much. it seems like it is you that doesn't care, about this site, its members, or their efforts to better it.

i think maybe next i'll get the nude punchout hack put onto a cart and review it, just for you. =)

-another world

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
i don't care to give it as much emotional concern as you do.

That's a rather hostile response with a surprising lack of capital letters, Mr. No Emotional Concern. Thanks for looking up my forum history, I guess. Forgive me for not researching you, or your previous internet activities, but I was expressing my thoughts about this particular review. This has nothing to do with you personally. I would react in the exact same way if the Holy Father in Heaven himself wrote about a sub-par Dr. Who hack.

What's surprising to me is that your "extensive homebrew making" and "NES hack involvement" didn't make you think twice about the ridiculousness of this sprite hack actually being sold. In fact, you seem to like it all the better. What a backwards world we live in, huh?

As for me not "contributing", I am. My opinion about YOUR review is an effort to make GBATemp a better place. It's called feedback, and quite honestly, it's the best piece of feedback you've received, because no one else bothered to comment in a constructive manner. It's me letting you know what kind of place I want this to be, and what kind of reviews I'd like to see less off. Instead of entertaining my point of view you've threatened to review nude Punch-Out, so there goes that.

But hey, let's just drop this whole thing, and before I go, I just want to wish you best of luck with those other active members who, unlike me, spend time typing up some actual sentences, not some half-finished thoughts riddled with emoticons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.