Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights Trailer

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Complete Professor Layton ripoff... But looks pretty promising.. Although this makes me wish there would be 3DS flashcarts already so I could "demo" this more than an hour or so.

Because I somehow don't trust this. I shall just wait for the previews and reviews then.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
cosmiccow said:
Complete Professor Layton ripoff... But looks pretty promising.. Although this makes me wish there would be 3DS flashcarts already so I could "demo" this more than an hour or so.

Because I somehow don't trust this. I shall just wait for the previews and reviews then.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
smile.gif

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I'm pretty damn interested in this game.

It's like Layton but totally different. And the character, asides from looking like Hershel, seems to be different too. Like Layton + Indiana Jones.

I'm gonna buy it as soon as I can.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I saw this (Or a similar video) a while ago.

It looks good, but it is ridiculous how they can get away with knocking off Professor Layton that bad.

I saw an article about the game a few days ago in the newest Nintendo Power, and I thought it was Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle.

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Given how successful professor layton is it was only a matter of time, except i didnt expect konami to do such a blatant copy. I guess it will sell well until the 3DS prof layton comes out in english

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
It sounded like a Professor Layton rip off just from the title. The video was even worse. It doesn't look bad, but it's just taking everything from Professor Layton (Visuals, gameplay, and even the style of the characters!) and changing it around a little bit.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It looks pretty cool but is a bit to like professor layton. Has it been confirmed to be full of nothing but puzzles? (From my knowledge that is all what professor layton is filled with)

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
TDWP FTW said:
It sounded like a Professor Layton rip off just from the title. The video was even worse. It doesn't look bad, but it's just taking everything from Professor Layton (Visuals, gameplay, and even the style of the characters!) and changing it around a little bit.
Just the visuals and the style of the characters.
God, do your homework, people. Everybody is hating on this game just because it looks like Professor Layton when they don't know anything about it.

It does have puzzles but it includes more gameplay features which have the same importance as them such as sneaking past enemies and some RPG elements.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
BrightNeko said:
It looks pretty cool but is a bit to like professor layton. Has it been confirmed to be full of nothing but puzzles? (From my knowledge that is all what professor layton is filled with)
It also has some RPG elements but everyone ignores that and gets into the "OMG LAYTON RIPOFF" train.
I hate when people post the same things I do at the same time I do ):.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
TDWP FTW said:
Just the visuals and the style of the characters.
God, do your homework, people. Everybody is hating on this game just because it looks like Professor Layton when they don't know anything about it.

It does have puzzles but it includes more gameplay features which have the same importance as them such as sneaking past enemies and some RPG elements.
Did I say I hate it? I said it doesn't look bad. Even so, you'd have to either be blind, or a fanboy to not admit/see that it's a Prof. Layton ripoff. OH BOY SNEAKING PAST GUARDS. That still doesn't change the fact that the game's title, graphical style, characters, and the majority of the gameplay is pretty much just ripped off of Prof. Layton.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
TDWP FTW said:
Did I say I hate it? I said it doesn't look bad. Even so, you'd have to either be blind, or a fanboy to not admit/see that it's a Prof. Layton ripoff. OH BOY SNEAKING PAST GUARDS. That still doesn't change the fact that the game's title, graphical style, characters, and the majority of the gameplay is pretty much just ripped off of Prof. Layton.
I quoted you but I said it in general.
And who told you the majority of the gameplay is going to be puzzles? I have yet to see anything about them. Oh, you assumed that because he has a top hat.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Any idea on the kind of RPG elements it has? I'm guessing from the giant sword wielding thing it has a bit of zelda like combat (the over head view implies this to me).

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Love this trailer.

It certainly has a layton style story, but I certainly like this. I doubt it'll be a rip-off, anyways.

Btw, MGSPW and ZOE.... Yayz!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all