Gaming DOA:D DLC woes. Info please.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got the game and from what I can tell they're in the middle of redistributing the costumes.
I've missed quite a few I would really like to have.
Looking at the wiki, there's no more later dates listed to get the older ones.
If anyone knows any more info, like if they'll keep cycling the DLC, please let me know.
If not, that's one more reason I want to see the system exploited. Open the region lock and get my DLC. Hope I don't have to wait (probably in vain) for that to happen.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DLC is not transferable between 3DS systems, even free DLC like this. The game is almost 1 year old, and they have done several cycles for the DLC costumes, maybe 6 or 7. I couldn't really blame Tecmo if they decided to stop the DLC cycles, but I wish it wasn't locked to the console it was downloaded to. Maybe a future hack would solve this?

ashxu

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Are they still cycling the DLC? I don't get the notification anymore. I only get the throwdown fight on fridays now. Then again I probably have all the costumes.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A. How the hell is this a blog post!? Its a perfectly valid question.
B. Most likely they will just keep cycling this since its not really DLC. Its just a timed unlockablr that's pre-programed into the game. A lot like how Uprisings weapon seed system works. Its just pre-programed content being unlocked or having a certain variable altered to appear as DLC.

Reactions: 1 person

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I was just asking if anyone had more info on it. I may have gone off on a lil rant there, but I had already checked the official tecmo page which only had dates for first round and the wiki only has dates for current round.
Thanks zantigo. I hope it truly is as you described.
I hate that I got it in mid-cycle and missed Ayane's 1st costume along with several others.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to necro this, but I thought it would be better than posting a new thread. It seems costume distribution has indeed stopped as I've tried quite a few times to get any info on future distribution I can to no avail. I even went as far as to contact tecmo-koei with no response.
I just stumbled on a post on GameSpot where someone is asking for someone that already has the DLC to upload the DLC from their SD card so they can use it as their own.
I'm assuming it won't work because all content is supposed to be locked to the 3ds that received it.
In the slight chance it may work, would someone possibly be nice enough to upload the complete costume DLC for me? I have USA version.
Here's a link to the topic. No result has been posted.

gamespot.com/forums/topic/29145250/dead-or-alive-dimensions-costume-restoration-help

I highly doubt it'll work but it can't hurt to try.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In the slight chance it may work, would someone possibly be nice enough to upload the complete costume DLC for me?

Do you still need this? I could do it. I have all the costumes. I doubt it would work, but if you or someone else want to experiment with it, I could upload it somewhere.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, after reading more on it, its pretty much a no go. Go ahead and upload it anyway. I'll try it just in case and post my (failure) results.
Thanks!

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, so I uploaded the costumes here:

depositfiles.com/files/j3fcdpbow

You'll have to enter some stupid captcha, sorry about that.

This is free DLC for the game, just not available right now to be downloaded. No idea if it will ever be available again. This is probably also useless, as it's encrypted more than likely. If a moderator finds this inappropriate, feel free to edit/delete.

I compressed the content of this folder:

Nintendo 3DS\(32 hexadecimal characters)\(32 hexadecimal characters)\extdata\00000000\0000034f\00000000

This is from the USA version of DOA Dimensions. All 34 costumes downloaded. You'll notice that there are 70 files. Files 00000001 and 00000002 are probably not costumes, due to their sizes (they might be related to encryption). For all the other files, there is one file of about 17 KB and another of about 650-800 KB. I guess the small 17 KB file is the encryption key or something. If you sort the files by Date Modified, you'll have an idea of when the costume was downloaded (it seems the costumes were re-downloaded if there was still a cycle going on, even though I already had the costume). Compare the dates with the data you'll find on the following website, and you should get a fairly accurate idea of what file is which costume. Remember, US dates of release, not Europe.

deadoralive.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Dead_or_Alive:_Dimensions_Downloadable_Content

Good luck!

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope does not work it's saying this...

Your extra data is corrupt and cannot be accessed. you can delete this data via the nintendo 3ds system settings menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs