SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I used to feel weird for doing it because they told us in school long ago not to talk about them i'm older now and i can do what i want but i still feel a bit weird for doing it because i think no none of my friends do it.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I did feel weird talking when I had braces. And then it field weird once again after I got 'em off. You get used to talking with/without them, then all of a sudden you have to change your intonation to sound "normal" again. Glad I don't have to wear 'em anymore.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Yer fine, yo! I didn't even know you weren't a native speaker 'till you told me. Accents are fine, and kinda cute sometimes.
That's indeed true my friend! They give that charm no one else could replicate.

Reactions: HaloEliteLegend

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't mind voice chats at all, but it can be hard sometimes to gauge when the person you're speaking with is going to talk again, as there's no physical cues that you get talking face to face, so sometimes you can trip up and talk at the same time, which is a little awkward.

Reactions: ThoD and VinsCool

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I find it weird, I have a good accent, can't pronounce some words(Bird and board sound the same),
speaking in the mic, either recording, or Voice chat, makes me slightly uncomfortable, mostly because I hate my voice, but I eventually get used to over a session of recording Skits. but over time it goes away, usually

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I only have a problem speaking if it's at a large crowd and in English. It's not stress or anything, it's just that when speaking English I may end up using my real voice and it's REALLY deep with a heavy and thick accent as I've been described (reason I try not to use it as it can sometimes intimidate people), so at times some people may not be able to get what I'm saying even if I speak clearly, so I'm worried people will ask me to repeat myself and I hate doing that:P In small groups I don't have a problem and especially when with just another person. Voice chatting though is a pain as when my voice comes out, the noise gate and equalizer of the mic act up and distort it, so it's a torture trying to set a mic up properly or even find one that works half-decent... At least girls/women love my voice, so it's not all that bad:rofl2:

Reactions: VinsCool and Chary

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I feel weird for trying to make sense of the “used” in the thread title. I’m still not sure what your question is. Do you mean if people are uncomfortable with voice chats or with speaking generally?

Reactions: Chary

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was a talker up until I moved and transferred schools in 2nd grade, right at the turn of the millennium. Somehow that sudden change got me to just drop my near extroverted personality, and go 180. It didn't help that my English was not very good at that point. I ended up having to take speech therapy in 3rd grade. I was social enough to make friendships over the years and hang out with people here and there. But since I finished high school, all those friends disappeared, and there hasn't been anybody that got me talking, save for my current therapist. I need someone to start the conversation and they have to make things interesting. It's a small city, and the neighborhoods I've lived in never had people like me.

Also in hindsight, that 180 was good, I do remember kind of bullying someone, but someone different was bullying me, a vicious cycle, I needed to move. I've since learned that part of town, Eastside, is the absolute worst part of town. Off topic, but last week I passed by the house I moved to in 2nd grade, and lived there until the end of 5th grade. I almost welled up, too much nostalgia and good times all gone. Good thing I came out pretty good, I didn't have a kid at age 15...I just remembered an old friend revealing that to me.

D

Deleted User

If we're talking about talking in general, then no, not really. The only time I feel weird talking is when I'm talking into a microphone. When I know I'm being recorded, I'm hyper-critical of myself and then end up getting tongue tied.
I always thought I sound weird when recorded. I get stutter, I don't pronounce words right, and I generally feel like an incompetent moron afterwards.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I used to feel weird for doing it because they told us in school long ago not to talk about them i'm older now and i can do what i want but i still feel a bit weird for doing it because i think no none of my friends do it.
Not to talk about who?
I'm just saying did you
Yeah i can't talk to strangers over a voice chat it just feels way to weird for me because i don't really do it.
Same. The only time I can voice chat is when I'm drinking and in a video chat. I don't like talking on the phone either, but that's much easier because at least there's a purpose with the call.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not to talk about who?

Same. The only time I can voice chat is when I'm drinking and in a video chat. I don't like talking on the phone either, but that's much easier because at least there's a purpose with the call.
it feels Kinda weird talking to strangers from all over the world. When i first went on the internet i heard of shops i had never seen.

Last edited by SoslanVanWieren,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: