Hardware Do you use your switch more in Handheld or TV mode !?

Handheld/Tablet mode vs. TV/Docked

• Handheld mode

Votes: 38 56.7%
  • TV mode

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Both modes

Votes: 7 10.4%

• Total voters

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i personally find myself mostly playing handheld, 88% of the time.
i just find it really convenient and it looks so damn good, the screen of the switch tablet looks so fine.

love it, so guys i was wondering what you prefer.

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Mostly TV mode but moreso it's been just catching dust. Hopefully when Disgaea 5 arrives that'll change.
only my dock is in dust (cause i use handheld mode mostly) , why is yours catching dust? i often play some MK.
and yes Disgaea will defintely change that mate, it is a great game.

i will be buying it too.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

only my dock is in dust (cause i use handheld mode mostly) , why is yours catching dust? i often play some MK.
and yes Disgaea will defintely change that mate, it is a great game.

i will be buying it too.
I don't use it a whole lot and when I do I just turn it on via the Switch Pro Controller. Been playing PPT story mode lately but on Act 3 it has gotten somewhat hard (I still don't get how the Puyo Big Bang Mode works).

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I use mine all the time in handheld mode with the joy cons released. I find the games more enjoyable that way using the Switch and the screen on its little stand, its like having a mini TV and what would be really cool if Nintendo implemented a way you could play Xvid, mkv movie files etc.. on your micro sd card. I'm hoping they will?

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: leonmagnus99

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't use it a whole lot and when I do I just turn it on via the Switch Pro Controller. Been playing PPT story mode lately but on Act 3 it has gotten somewhat hard (I still don't get how the Puyo Big Bang Mode works).

In PP Big Bang you need to fill a specific spot of the given formation with the right color in order to start a chain reaction that will clear (almost) all puyos in one giant combo. For example if you see a formation with a stack of single puyos with different colors on one side of the formation, you might want to start with the row of puyos underneath them, making the single Puyos fall down. The next Puyo of the stack should clear the next row and so on.

You don't always have to get the full picture of the formation, if you can memorize some patterns that lead you to the row of puyos you need to pop first.

Last edited by Axido,
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I use mine all the time in handheld mode with the joy cons released. I find the games more enjoyable that way using the Switch and the screen on its little stand, its like having a mini TV and what would be really cool if Nintendo implemented a way you could play Xvid, mkv movie files etc.. on your micro sd card. I'm hoping they will?

same here, i'd love to watch some anime on this tablet.
since there is no browser, they could at least give us some sort of video player.

Reactions: Reecey

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
what would be really cool if Nintendo implemented a way you could play Xvid, mkv movie files etc.. on your micro sd card. I'm hoping they will?
Sure they will, right after they enable Blu-ray playback on the Wii U and DVD playback on the Wii.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a long time I just about always used it in tv mode but lately I've been using it in handheld so I can have it sit next to me so when titanfall 2 is loading I can play it lol

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Sure they will, right after they enable Blu-ray playback on the Wii U and DVD playback on the Wii.
I can understand the wiiu not having video playback features because that was not exactly portable, unless you bought one of those really expensive converters for your car and made it look like it was portable but the Switch, I could totally understand Nintendo doing that I mean if your on a bus ride or even a plane flight you could put as many video files on your micro sd card ready, wip out your stand with your joy cons as video playback remotes and enjoy a film on the go, why not? it would make perfect sense.

Last edited by Reecey,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

I can understand the wiiu not having video playback features because that was not exactly portable, unless you bought one of those really expensive converters for your car and made it look like it was portable but the Switch, I could totally understand Nintendo doing that I mean if your on a bus ride or even a plane flight you could put as many video files on your micro sd card ready, wip out your stand with your joy cons as video playback remotes and enjoy a film on the go, why not? it would make perfect sense.
360 and PS3 weren't portable either and could (and can) play DVDs (or Blu-rays -- PS3). Nintendo always getting a pass.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
360 and PS3 weren't portable either and could (and can) play DVDs (or Blu-rays -- PS3). Nintendo always getting a pass.

Or because they deemed it entirely unnecessary due to other viable options?

Most people nowadays already have their dedicated media device. If you use your gaming system as your media center (I do) then that's different. Nintendo seems to want to market their systems as gaming systems. Not multimedia systems like Sony and MS. It's not a free pass.. They're just trying to cater to gamers.

Last edited by Kioku,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool