Barely real
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I am curious about the statistics.

For example i mainly use the Nobody_Important4u, but i used diffrent one most of the time, every account that used it, is either dead or changed to current one but i still have it on steam and probably something else and on top of that i also sometimes use What_If17 (it's mostly for temporary or with big chance of discarting accounts).

So yeah wanted to ask about your scenario.

Also accounts with extra numbers or something because normal one is taken or the site doesn't allow it, doesn't count.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much. Our Lord and savior @Vulpes Abnocto graciously bestowed this username upon me some 8 years ago now and I've used it for basically everything ever since.

Though of course if I need a more appropriate username or if a site doesn't allow dildo in the title I'll change it up, TomBDil, TomBomb, etc etc

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I use the same username everywhere, except when I really plan to make a throwaway account (basically a website that requires a membership for download, or just view content, or posting comments and not make people know it's me, etc)

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I've used this as my only username ever since I was about 4. I got to make an AOL Kids account and needed a username...and I really thought Charmanders were the cutest thing. But Charmander is hard to type...what if it sounded cuter, and was shorter? Thus, Chary became my running username for the next 20 years. Thanks, 4 year old me, for not using something like xXCharmander420BroXx.

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I started to use this username since 2018, so if I registered before that time I don't use this nickname unless I use it frequently and decide to change the nickname. I still have few services that are not changed to my current nickname, but I use this nickname pretty much everywhere. and thankfully, it seems like no one else uses it.

MockyLock

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I use this one everywhere i can, sometime it's already taken so i have to spell it another way.
I personnaly think it's important to keep the same nick, as you can find and recognize people in other forums. It can be useful in technical forums where you share knowledge and skills. Still nice to know who is able of what.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Aside from throwaway accounts (quick signup to download something that's locked behind site register bullshit) I use the same account name everywhere.
Anyone else using the name DinohScene is a impostor.

Edit: to clarify it a bit more.
I either sign up for a site or not at all.

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually only use two- 'StrayGuitarist' in predominantly English-speaking places, but in others where it's more language-agnostic, I use "ЛунаКошка". The only exception to this is Xbox Live, where I have the username I made as a kid, "VagrantCargo102".

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Mamothstard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have one different for nearly every type of community I delve into.
I learned the hard way that you don't want people to track you through different communities to mess with you IRL.

Reactions: Nobody_Important4u

zxr750j

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I do use my last name in my nicknames but isn't very common so I only use this in more "private" places.
Here I use the type of bike I owned, not my real name but quite unique so personal I think.

D

Deleted User

to clarify my poll answer, i have 3ish usernames in common use. one is an old one from when i was first starting on the internet, the second is kitling, a username based on a nickname i have, which led directly to kitlith via a little corruption of the name as kitling was taken a lot of the time and I wanted something a bit more unique.

(yes i'm kitlith on this site, not just kitlith2, i lost my 2fa stuff for gbatemp so i'm making posts so i can dm a supervisor and figure out what we can do now >_>)

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment