Do you use the safety belts on a bus?

Do you use the safety belt while you are on a seat of a bus?

• Yes

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • No

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AxlSt00pid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well, since I'm on a bus and I'm pretty bored because I have nothing to do and I have to wait 30 minutes to arrive at my destination I decided to read the safety instructions.

On there there's the line "Your seat has a safety belt, please use it" and I remembered that whenever I was on a bus and I was on a seat I never actually used it.

So that make me wonder, do more people use the safety belt while on a bus or not?
What do you guys think?
(Yes, I know that you can't actually use a safety belt when you are standing up)

AxlSt00pid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Our buses don't have safety belts. Not public buses anyway. When I'm on a coach or something similar that has them, it's surely common sense to use them?
Well, as I said, I never use them on a bus even if it has them xD
On the other hand I always use them while on a car, I feel weird if I don't use it

AxlSt00pid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Public transit here doesn't have seatbelts.
Besides, I got a car, no need for PT.
I have a motorbike (and my dad telling me to get the car license over and over again).
But there's always a reason to get a PT anyways (like me, who I'm on another island atm, gotta love living on an archipelago)

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
You have safety belts on your buses? Weird. Only buses around here that seem to have safety belts are the small YMCA buses, but those are more van than bus. School buses and public transport don't have any buckles, and neither do the private charter buses they use for sports teams.

D

Deleted User

I literally stand on my bus during when commuting. Seatbelts on buses aren't really that much of a thing here, though I can see why some countries would take measures to put seatbelts on buses in the name of safety.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I've ever seen a bus with belts on the seats. Which does seem pretty strange in retrospect.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Coaches and an old one at primary school. Others do not.
I try very hard not to ride the bus though -- much rather walk or pedal.

As far as seat belts in the US the following has a bit more

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There are buses with safety belts? Wut? Here the most we get is those dangling things at the top you can hold on for dear life, but we don't even use those:rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended