Gaming Do you use the 3D effect on the 3DS?

What are 1) your system and 2) the most common position of its 3D slider (while playing 3DS games)?

• 2DS...

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • original 3DS, fully on

Votes: 26 12.1%
  • original 3DS, midway

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • original 3DS, off

Votes: 31 14.5%
  • original 3DS XL, fully on

Votes: 30 14.0%
  • original 3DS XL, midway

Votes: 22 10.3%
  • original 3DS XL, off

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • new 3DS, fully on

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • new 3DS, midway

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • new 3DS, off

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • new 3DS XL, fully on

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • new 3DS XL, midway

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • new 3DS XL, off

• It doesn't apply to me

• Total voters

fischermasamune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

Often I hear people saying they don't use the 3D effect on their 3DS, sometimes accompanied of the claim that most of the players don't use it. I doubt it. I think the 3D effect is the HD of the 3DS, enhancing considerably the graphics for the games, and that it is natural to leave it on all the time.

So I created a poll to see how the majority of the tempers keep their depth sliders: on, off or midway.

Since the original 3DS XL is said to have a better vision angles than the original 3DS, I included the systems in the poll, including the new ones for those who already have them, so we can see if it interferes with the statistics. (If you have many systems just pick the one that gets the largest share of 3DS games.)

Hopefully all variables are being taken care of, and we will reach a meaningful answer for the question.

Shinjix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Its fun to look at, but prolonged usage kinda makes my eyes more easily tired... so I only use it for nice cutscenes or stuff like that

Reactions: Margen67

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Original 3DS stereo-3D does make you hope for better as position where you have to be is really specific and 3D breaks very often. Personally own XL and stereo-3D is much better so I use it with specific games. Heard that new model should allow much greater degree on stereo-3D so I'm excited about that.
I do also enjoy stereoscopic 3D gaming with my PC from time to time.

Also noticed that screen protectors usually break stereo-3D to almost unuseable state.

Judas18

Queen Kunty
Trophies
XP
Country
I used to have 3D on all the time but as my eyesight has gotten worse it just gives me shitty headaches now and my eyes can't focus properly.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I always keep it off for playing, I sometimes turn it on, to see how it is on the intro or in the game itself, but playing never, it makes me a little sick after a few minutes (on the original 3DS and the XL version)
For my kids i bought a 2DS, no need to make there brains go hayware :P, i consider it a good move to bring out the 2DS :)

derkiederk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My left eye is effectively blind so the whole 3d thing is completely lost on me, thankfully the fad is dying out quickly.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i don't use it on my old 3DS (as it was very unstable). but i noticed that it is way better on the new3DS. So I might start to use it more now.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3D Off all the way, I also removed the 3D slider from it xD

WTF, You didn't need to do that, you could have just used the system settings to disable the ability to turn on 3D.

Anyway, I keep 3D on with my XL, but where I have it set varies from game to game. Sometimes from scene to scene. But very rarely all the way up, so I voted for middle.

It may just be a stupid gimmick, but to me the added depth just adds a certain quality to the graphics that make them more appealing. It's weird because I don't really care much about 3D in general, but here, I just find it looks so much better than with 3D turned completely off.

The main issue I have with the 3D is when a game is using the gyroscopic functions. Wow, what a perfect storm of bullshit when you combine those two features together. When possible, like in OOT, I disable the gyroscope stuff, since I'm not a super fan of that sort of thing anyway, and would rather just aim in a traditional manner.

Reactions: smallissue

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.