Do you use an email client for desktop in 2021? if so, why?

Do you use a email client?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've got thunderbird on this desktop, yes. Not counting my work mailboxes, I've got four mail addresses. I don't check them on daily basis, but still often enough to make them absolutely useful.

Besides: both hotmail and gmail (I use both)...I won't say their interfaces suck, but they're inferior to the minimalist interface that a mailing program uses.

I do not use because it conflicts with my privacy principles
Erm...do you mean you don't use e-mail at all, or just no desktop application? :unsure:

Esdeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have Microsoft office through my university, so I use outlook. Kinda nice to always have an eye on my private and university mails and see pop ups instead of checking them in the browser on two different sites

MontgomeryScott

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated software on my Linux mint when i saw thunderbird, and i thought i have this?

i mean i have the an app on my phone. when i need use it i just open the website for it but that is about it.

made me think do people still use email clients for desktop in 2021. if so is they any advantages or any other reasons to use one?

edit:-

for personal use related.

Most definitely. I use Thunderbird on my desktop (since imo its the best Email client on Linux still). On iPadOS and iOS I use Apple's default app, after previously using AirMail for sometime.

I try to use dedicated software (read: not electron) whenever possible as doing stuff in a browser is clunky, unsecure, and (in the case of Google and Microsoft) comes with tons of trackers built in.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: Do people still use xlink?