Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
what if there is an emergency and someone needs to contact you :O
or about that fit apps? (not sure if anyone uses them)
when get tired you can then resting in a bench looking at funny pictures or checking social media
etc..
I don't live out in the middle of nowhere so I assume I'd be just fine in the case of an emergency. Not to mention, I did just fine without a phone the first 16-17 years of my life, not sure why that would've changed now.

Reactions: Deleted User

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't live out in the middle of nowhere so I assume I'd be just fine in the case of an emergency. Not to mention, I did just fine without a phone the first 16-17 years of my life, not sure why that would've changed now.
Thought I agree with you regarding why the fuck should one carry a phone around all day, I have to state you missed the point. Poppy was saying what if someone else was in an emergency and needed to contact you, the universal saviour, for help. (blargh, there's 911 for that)

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thought I agree with you regarding why the fuck should one carry a phone around all day, I have to state you missed the point. Poppy was saying what if someone else was in an emergency and needed to contact you, the universal saviour, for help. (blargh, there's 911 for that)
Ah. Luckily I've never been a person that can be contacted at any time of the day so that wouldn't really change anything. If I'm available people will get a response, if not they will have to wait until I'm available again.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Not exactly. Like Dinoh, I have a Hifi system with a 32GB USB drive in one of my vehicles so if I'm ever out of the house that's usually what I'm using to listen to music.

If I happen to be in my other vehicle, I have an iPod touch I use for music, but that's about it. Working from home, I don't usually leave the house very often so I just use my main PC for music.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have no phone/tablet so no chance of that, no car either so nothing there.

I can't walk with headphones on; I just fall over. Not to mention I kind of enjoy listening to what is around me more when outside, to say nothing of it being easier to avoid the ninjas that are after me and the cars everywhere if I have an extra sense available.
Equally I never liked having music on in the car if I am driving. No idea why there.

I did have a PSP many years ago that I set up to go on holiday with, though I since let the battery swell it seems and trying to find a PSP1000 battery worth a damn for a price I care to pay is easier said than done.

Duo8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Well, TBH when I walk around or when I am at work I normally just use my smartphone or my work laptop linked to my bluetooth headphones. That works fine, no hiss from bluetooth output /s.
When I am home I usually use a clunky old Pono player with better headphones, that overpriced shit sounds very good TBH, but it is far from portable.

So, do I use a dedicated music players? Yes, sometimes.
Isn't the Pono $400? That's way overpriced.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I used to have a Sansa Clip+ but these days I just use an old smartphone + spotify.
I remember that. What happened to it?

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I remember that. What happened to it?
After many years of use the headphone jack went a bit screwy and I was only hearing stuff in one ear. I was looking to replace with another dedicated player (I was considering a FiiO) but then just went the Spotify route.

D

Deleted User

I use to listen to music on my Wii U.
Gamepad + Speakers with Sub-woofer connected and my life is completed.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
android phone with poweramp
I installed poweramp some time ago, nice piece of software. The only thing that was easy to find and allowed me to play ALAC on my phone.
Unfortunately I am still thinking way too hard about paying the 4€ it costs and the trial period expired already.

PS: no, I won't pirate it.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed poweramp some time ago, nice piece of software. The only thing that was easy to find and allowed me to play ALAC on my phone.
Unfortunately I am still thinking way too hard about paying the 4€ it costs and the trial period expired already.

PS: no, I won't pirate it.
You can't anyway, poweramp has some of the toughest ap protection out there
I bought it when it was on sale $0.99 USD (the only app I have ever purchased)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dSN52HstbI