Gaming Do you think "Yoshi Wooly World" will be worth buying?

Worth purchasing?

• Yes

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Still not sure

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Standard Edition
imZV1BE.jpg

Special Edition
xFn7XKr.png

I have the Special Edition on pre-order at the moment and I'm liking what Nintendo has shown so far, that and the fact that there's not much of quality Wii U games in 2015 so they don't really give much choice. There'll also be Splatoon (can be either a hit or miss), Xenoblade X, Devil's Third and Fatal Frame (a 2014 game, though). Well, guess you could also include Project C.A.R.S as it's one of the very few 3rd party games by Bandai.​

Reactions: Reecey

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yoshi games are usually good, and I find the graphics of this game highly appealing, far more appealing than anything on PS4/Xbone. Hey devs, not every game needs to have the same drab dreary look. I don't care how many p's you render in or how many fps's you have if your shit's all boring and dirty looking.

So yes, I will definitely buy this game. Maybe not the day it comes out, but certainly at some point.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cute but I am not buying it at all. I would if it is used game in the future. I can foreseen the future: It will be 10 dollars worth used game. :)

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well of course is worth it. It combine the best thing about Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story leaving th annoying thing about those games aside.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'll wait and see until the game comes out. If it's short, I'm out. If the controls are clunky, I'm out. If Co-op's a chore, I'm out.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Yes m8 I'm getting it asap :) Will it be budget like Captain Toad, I wonder???

I've been checking every retailer I know in Europe/UK and it seems like it's a full priced retail game, so that's for the better because Wii U budget games have been rather disappointing, imo.

Totally getting this game. Wooly amiibos aren't the coolest IMHO but I need all 3 of them for my collection :P

All I want is the green knit Yoshi amiibo which seems hard enough as it is but the three? Gotta be quick when they go up in European/UK/Aus retailers.

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
Getting the amiibo from a german/austria reseller is a piece of cake atm. That aside the answer is hell no. Even if you were stoned, it would be wasted money.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It seems to be aimed at small children, so I think it will be more about exploration and less about challenge. There are shy guys sleeping in the game and you actually have the option to be invincible, surely they will make some difficult parts, but in order for the game to be enjoyable in Mellow mode it will have to focus on exploration. Personally, not my kind of game

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm missing a "not my audience" vote option. I don't want this to sound condescending, but there is no way around this: this is a game for girls and women. The yarn, the cutesy graphics, the amiibo, the easy difficulty level...and I bet there'll be more that is straight up copy-pasted from Epic yarn.
There's certainly nothing wrong with that. In fact, Kirby epic yarn was a babe magnet. Despite it being so easy it was retarded, the co-op was actually kind of fun in a "let's explore stuff!" kind of way.

Girlfriend: oooh...this looks cute. :D
me: yeah, it's pretty...but can you get over here? There's this ledge I want to climb and I need you for it. :)
girlfriend: just look at this: it's wonderful, isn't it?
me: *nods, has seen it before*
girlfriend: you want to go decorate the house?
me: okay, that's IT! *jumps over, whips girlfriend's Kirby into a ball and throws her where I want to go*
girlfriend: hey!
me: there. now THAT's how you treat women! :P
girlfriend: lol.

So...yeah. That's the sort of conversations we had (which was exceptionally funny because Kirby is all joyful and that prince has this angry-sort of frown on him). ;)

if it's anything like kirby was than NO

I think the trailer answers that more than enough. And while they don't say it, I'm sure that 'mellow mode' just means that getting hit means you lose some jewelry if you get hit. At least there IS another mode now.

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Prior to seeing the Nintendo Direct video I would have said 'no way, this game is for kids 100%, just like Kirby's epic yarn.' BUT, now that nintendo have put in the easy option along with the 'regular' way to play it, I might consider this game...I guess I'll just wait for reviews and see what they think of the difficulty and the game in general...

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Getting the amiibo from a german/austria reseller is a piece of cake atm. That aside the answer is hell no. Even if you were stoned, it would be wasted money.

Could you send me a link of a German reseller that has it and would be able to dispatch to UK?

I'm not very satisfied with the fact that the Special Edition might cost me 64€ (£47) but going through it, it's something like: Game - £37 & Amiibo - £10. The thing with the £37 price is that I usually get them for £29-32 (full retail games) so it's a bit excessive, imo.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunatly my kids will want it for Christmas. Rainblow was played for a couple of days and has not been seen since, MP10 the same. I am more I terested in Splatoon because it is different.

I can't stand it when my boys play platformers together, they just fight. They get loud and obnoxious with Smash but they don't fight. :)

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I just want the amiibo, not sure about the game lol

If the price is right, like £29-32 it could be worth it. Guess I might pay an extra £5 to get the amiibo at the same time.

ShopTo increased the price today because "more secure boxes" but they were already being sent in secure boxes. Oh well, at least the packaging isn't damaged.

Reactions: elmoemo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM