• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

do you think Trump sealed his own fate?

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you illegally cross into a country, it makes sense that your children are taken from you. These are people who are dodging the legitimate ports of entry and caught. The children are treated well.

If you want to keep your children, stay where you are and raise them. It's simple.
It isn't as "simple" as you think. These people decide to risk everything and come to a foreign land where they don't even understand the language or have legal status. What would cause someone to decide that? It's anything, but simple. If it were simple illegal immigration wouldn't be a controversial topic.

Laws should be enforced, otherwise there would be chaos, but we should remember that laws are made by people and people make loads of mistakes.

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you're missing the point, none of those are unbiased.

I don't think so. CNN is supposed to be unbiased, its ethos is professional journalism. Rebel media is conservative -- that's its whole schtick -- it challenges the left and calls it on the bullshit narrative. Which in this case is that the US Government is depriving people who enter illegally of their human rights. Just doesn't seem to be the case.

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
over the past few weeks if you haven't been living under a rock Trump has enforced the so called zero tolerance policy allowing border Patrol and the US government to Prosecute illegal's not only that they are taking their children away in the process as a "deterrent" for others to cross now a Post maybe already done news wise on this subject i'm guessing so I'm taking this as opinion based with one simple question....do you think this maybe the final straw for him and maybe heated talks (secret) have begun to impeach him let alone probably charge him with human rights crimes? what do you guys and gals think have they started you think or maybe you view he should be impeached now? leave your comments below
The thing is pal, out of 12,000 of these "immigrant children", 10,000 aren't even with their REAL PARENTS. Which means they were sent with cartels and gangs up the border. parents who do that don't deserve children. and second, he did this to pressure the democrats to pass a law to fix it, which of course they passed up because they don't actually want to fix the problem.

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think so. CNN is supposed to be unbiased, its ethos is professional journalism. Rebel media is conservative -- that's its whole schtick -- it challenges the left and calls it on the bullshit narrative. Which in this case is that the US Government is depriving people who enter illegally of their human rights. Just doesn't seem to be the case.
you just said it is right wing, so the videos and news will have a conservative bias.

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you just said it is right wing, so the videos and news will have a conservative bias.

There's nothing wrong with a conservative or liberal bias IF they're honest about it and if the reporting is factual. MSM like CNN/NYT don't have that honesty badge -- its identity politics and that's all there is to it. These stories are being presented as serious news and its been like this in the Obama era for ages. Now Trump's to blame?

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's nothing wrong with a conservative or liberal bias IF they're honest about it and if the reporting is factual. MSM like CNN/NYT don't have that honesty badge -- its identity politics and that's all there is to it. These stories are being presented as serious news and its been like this in the Obama era for ages. Now Trump's to blame?
I don't agree, If you only watch news sources that share your bias it's like you're only reinforcing your way of thinking and closing your mind to different ideas, in a way that's also identity politics cause you identify yourself as a conservative and only watch news with a conservative bias. I agree that CNN focuses too much on Donald Trump (the person) instead on focusing on Donald Trump (the movement), I mean, some of his appointees are doing a lot of horrible shit and instead they focus on dumb things like that photo of Melania's hat.

Last edited by lordkaos,

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
As a Mexican myself i would say this: Trump can be quite extreme sometimes... Or all the time. But i can't really agree that much on people risking their children's life by making them cross the border ilegally. The Mexico/USA border can be quite rough for kids, specially for the young ones. Some adults don't even make it alive so why risk your own children's life?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't agree, If you only watch news sources that share your bias it's like you're only reinforcing your way of thinking and closing your mind to different ideas, in a way that's also identity politics cause you identify yourself as a conservative and only watch news with a conservative bias. I agree that CNN focuses too much on Donald Trump (the person) instead on focusing on Donald Trump (the movement), I mean, some of his appointees are doing a lot of horrible shit and instead they focus on dumb things like that photo of Melania's hat.
Don't worry cnn is on top of the important issues

CNN-Trump-2-Scoops-Ice-Cream-w-border-e1494644022327-620x437.png

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a Mexican myself i would say this: Trump can be quite extreme sometimes... Or all the time. But i can't really agree that much on people risking their children's life by making them cross the border ilegally. The Mexico/USA border can be quite rough for kids, specially for the young ones. Some adults don't even make it alive so why risk your own children's life?

Don't worry cnn is on top of the important issues

CNN-Trump-2-Scoops-Ice-Cream-w-border-e1494644022327-620x437.png
please stop the shitposting.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

We are inundated with left wing media. CNN in particular. When I go to the gym, I noticed that CNN was always playing on the monitors and I asked why CNN to one of the managers -- they told me they had a contract to play that channel 24/7 and they'd receive a discount on their services.

In Canada, we don't have a conservative news outlet like Fox News to challenge our government-funded left wing CBC news. So I, unfortunately or fortunately I suppose, have a stellar knowledge of what's going on in the left because it is emitted over just about every radio station and across multimedia.

I choose to listen to the other side when I have the chance and they make a much stronger argument.

The left has become lazy and motivated by clickbait and ad-revenue over journalism. It's become evident to me that the right wing media actually has more in common with every day people's concerns hence why Clinton and soon-to-be Trudeau are curbstomped.

Reactions: Deleted User

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cause those people don't see another choice in their lives, most of those people come from really poor rural areas where there is no decent job, a lot of people say "they should just do the paperwork like legal immigrants", the case is that not even in a hundred years would they be admitted in the country legally as they're really poor and uneducated.

Last edited by lordkaos,
D

Deleted User

I heard he was enforcing some 2008 policy that Obama chose not to enforce. If thats the case I think a policy should be enforced but if it's a bad one it should be changed.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please stop the shitposting.
Do you even know what a shitpost is?
This was an actual thing cnn decided to dedicate coverage, a complete non story but because trump was involved, cue "BREAKING NEWS" intro
These are the things why people are fed up with the media and they have single digit approval ratings, and nothing has changed, in fact it's gotten worse imo.

Last edited by Joe88,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Do you even know what a shitpost is?
This was an actual thing cnn decided to dedicate coverage, a complete non story but because trump was involved, cue "BREAKING NEWS" intro
These are the things why people are fed up with the media and they have single digit approval ratings, and nothing has changed, in fact it's gotten worse imo.
It hasn't gotten worse, 24-hour news channels have always had to fill time. OTOH, a 24-hour news channel launched Trump's campaign for him, so I suppose in that sense it has gotten worse. :D

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are inundated with left wing media. CNN in particular. When I go to the gym, I noticed that CNN was always playing on the monitors and I asked why CNN to one of the managers -- they told me they had a contract to play that channel 24/7 and they'd receive a discount on their services.

In Canada, we don't have a conservative news outlet like Fox News to challenge our government-funded left wing CBC news. So I, unfortunately or fortunately I suppose, have a stellar knowledge of what's going on in the left because it is emitted over just about every radio station and across multimedia.

I choose to listen to the other side when I have the chance and they make a much stronger argument.

The left has become lazy and motivated by clickbait and ad-revenue over journalism. It's become evident to me that the right wing media actually has more in common with every day people's concerns hence why Clinton and soon-to-be Trudeau are curbstomped.
Why exactly you don't like Trudeau? if i may ask, explain it as extensively as you can.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The left has become lazy and motivated by clickbait and ad-revenue over journalism.
You can't sincerely be blaming the left for clickbait. And ad revenue? Every Conservative piece I've seen gets interrupted halfway through for the host to sell "bone broth" or some other wannabe-alpha nonsense product.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's serving his term and possibly will be re-elected, can't stand him, but it's just a grim expectation. On the bright side, this Space Force thing, I'm all for because there are some able people for this.

Reactions: DarthDub

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality