• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

do you think Trump sealed his own fate?

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most people are against illegal immigrants including legal mexicans, one of my friends parents got deported because of obama so far trump hasn't affected me or any of my immigrant friends in any way.

Reactions: DarthDub

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's done a pretty good job at destroying the country so far though.

The economy is good, and most people are not worse off than they were 5 years ago. Being a loud college kid echoing ideals is all well and good, but the simple truth is that things are not bad in this country. As a whole America is doing well. Human rights concerns are terrible, and need attention, but to blame Trump for it all is silly. The man is loud, and irritating. A racist bent on tearing apart the country and families? Doubtful.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

What Trump says can't be taken as a fact that will actually happen. In fact, he tends to say a lot of things people love to hear but putting them to use? That's another story.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
most people are against illegal immigrants including legal mexicans, one of my friends parents got deported because of obama so far trump hasn't affected me or any of my immigrant friends in any way.

It has, even if indirectly. Since the beggining of Trumps campaing that his people have been working in dehumanizing immigrants, particularly mexican. This week it went as far as Huckabee Sanders calling asylum seekers criminals and propaganda is working to try to make people numb to the children crying. Your friends already have a big growing group of people in the US that feel they are less than a citizen, and these people have been incresingly being validated, either by the president, his suporters and the media who carries his propaganda, either being Fox News, Sinclair, Breitbart and friends, or social media bubbles.

People who compare Trump to Hilter never read a book on the guy a day in their life. Holy shit gg guys gg

They are different people and Trump right now is more like a pawn to Sessions and friends, but he is starting to build is path to be remembered in the wrong side of history. The way these migrant concentration camps are arising and being used, while sepparating famillies are chillingly analogous to the japanese american internment camps. It shouldn't go that far, but may well go further than this.

Also, do note that the way this is being done, the children suffering is not a collateral but the whole point, to make them a warning sign to further migrants or azylum seekers to cease their atempts. Children suffering is being used as a political weapon. No matter how you feel about migration policies, that is just plain cruel and wrong.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
What's wrong with separating children from parents when the parents are criminals? Do other people who commit crimes get to take their children to prison with them?
Usually the parents are deported and the children are held up in US custody over lengthy legal proceedings. Then they have no idea how to reunite the families afterward. Regardless, the end result is concentration camps for children. That's an all time low for the US or pretty much any country.

I caught a absolute b******* on the left having the moral High Ground here. They had eight years to fix this and they spin their wheels.
Fix what? This is a Trump-era policy. Obama did not separate families that were deported. I call BS on the constant deflection whenever this administration does something morally reprehensible.

Last edited by Xzi,

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The economy is good, and most people are not worse off than they were 5 years ago. Being a loud college kid echoing ideals is all well and good, but the simple truth is that things are not bad in this country. As a whole America is doing well. Human rights concerns are terrible, and need attention, but to blame Trump for it all is silly. The man is loud, and irritating. A racist bent on tearing apart the country and families? Doubtful.

Thank you, we need more voices in the middle.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The economy is good, and most people are not worse off than they were 5 years ago.
So that's an excuse for absolutely anything? Just more deflection. And FYI Trump's international trade war has wiped out pretty much all gains for 2018. If he keeps pushing it the economy will 100% crash in 2019.

Many here including myself have been wanting this entire process streamlined since forever.
This is not a "streamlining" of the process. It's using bureaucracy as an intentionally malicious tool to slow down the process if anything. You should expect the leaders you support to find a solution to the problem, not pass the buck to the opposing party. Especially since Republicans have been the ones stonewalling immigration reform for years. Also: a wall is not the same as effective policy reform.

Last edited by Xzi,

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
The immigration process is been a shitshow forever

@Xzi @pustal

Many here including myself have been wanting this entire process streamlined since forever.

Again, whatever you think of immigration policy does not justify separating children from their parents and putting them in concentration camps. If you think otherwise, I'm sorry but something is wrong with you.

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
over the past few weeks if you haven't been living under a rock Trump has enforced the so called zero tolerance policy allowing border Patrol and the US government to Prosecute illegal's not only that they are taking their children away in the process as a "deterrent" for others to cross now a Post maybe already done news wise on this subject i'm guessing so I'm taking this as opinion based with one simple question....do you think this maybe the final straw for him and maybe heated talks (secret) have begun to impeach him let alone probably charge him with human rights crimes? what do you guys and gals think have they started you think or maybe you view he should be impeached now? leave your comments below
Trump will stay in office, and will get a second term if Israel wants him there. Trump will get impeached, or lose his second term if Israel wants that for him. It's not in the hands of Americans. It's in the hands of Israel's diaspora and whatever she want's for the better good of Israel. The sooner you understand this, the sooner you understand how, and why the world and history works the way it does.

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trump will stay in office, and will get a second term if Israel wants him there. Trump will get impeached, or lose his second term if Israel wants that for him. It's not in the hands of Americans. It's in the hands of Israel's diaspora and whatever she want's for the better good of Israel. The sooner you understand this, the sooner you understand how, and why the world and history works the way it does.
Israel > United States :rofl2:
Nice meme.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
punctuation-in-english.png
Jaysus, that was tough to read. Please look at the image in my spoiler.

As for Trump, yes, I'm sure he'll be getting impeached any day for the 50th time, after he starts WW3 for the 100th time.

the ellipsis description is wrong…

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Illegal immigration is an issue, yes, punishing children is not the way to go about it, no, not at all. Either have the entire families sent back, grant them asylum, or don't separate them at all. But the cucks a Capitol Hill are doing nothing
to solve immigration, so yeah, both parties are being cucks about it.

Israel > United States :rofl2:
Nice meme.

I've got an even better meme :creep:

Israel > Palestine

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal

Why and would how Israel have that kind of power? I'd agree they have a great deal of political power in the US, yes, but it goes as far as maintaining support, and this is because in return Israel stands for the US in the region otherwise with little sympathy for the US, with exception perhaps of Jordan that tries to be more neutral.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1