Do you think there will ever be another Rune Factory game?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by duffmmann, Jan 26, 2017.

1. duffmmann
    OP

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    So I love the Rune Factory games, they're Harvest Moon, but with so much more to do especially the dungeon crawling, and its all just such a blast. The last release, Rune Factory 4 for the 3DS was fantastic and really refined most of the little issues that would slow down gameplay in previous releases. Back in 2012, after 4 was released, 5 had been greenlit. However, in 2013, the developer, Neverland Co. went bankrupt. Fortunately, Publisher Marvelous hired the team behind the Rune Factory games and they most recently released Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven. (Marvelous would also around this time change the distributor of their games from Natsume to XSEED, causing a rift in the Harvest Moon series. The true Harvest Moon games made by the team that's made them all these years is now known as Story of Seasons, while Natsume has the rights to the name and have started creating their own less fun with less depth Harvest Moon titles).

Do you think Rune Factory 5 may still happen? I'm worried that all the behind the scenes shakeups for the teams that make and publish the games might have led to a halt in the game's production. I would so love if they released such a game for the Nintendo Switch, or I'd also be happy with another 3DS version as well.