Hardware Do you think the wii u will be a failure?

Do you think the Wii U will be a failure?

• Yes

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • No

Votes: 58 70.7%
  • Not sure/don't know

Votes: 12 14.6%

• Total voters

ZhangYang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I just feel that the wii u is gonna fail. The system and the controllers cost to much and most people can't afford it.

What do you think about this?

JN_big3

Trophies
XP
Country
I just feel that the wii u is gonna fail. The system and the controllers cost to much and most people can't afford it.

For me, I think the Wii U will be one of the great consoles that Nintendo released.

HD, Cool gamepad, Play without using the TV, Pro controller for gamers, Cool games like Zelda HD and Assassin's Creed. I don't see anything bad about the Wii U

Where did you get the price for the Wii U? There is NO stable price yet. I think the price will be around $250-350

Reactions: 3 people

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
No, the Wii U will be a financial success, but it'll leave a bitter taste with a lot of Nintendo hardcore fanbase for years to come, and I guess next time a Nintendo console is launched, we won't be so optimistic at E3.

Like 3DS still isn't a real console in terms of its software library, and won't be till at least 2013, I can't see Wii U having a great software library till 2014.

However, I'm alright with it anyway because it's about time we finally get to play real HD FPS with a wiimote and nunchuck, which are vastly superior to dual analogue imho.

It really depends on Sony and MS now. Right now the Wii U will be in a Gamecube position where it gets the third party releases and the first party releases (though we won't have good ones for a while by the looks of it), but if Sony and MS delay for an extra year and bring out really high powered consoles they could really Dreamcast the Wii U. It's like all the Wii U has done is catch up and add a small extra that will be "kinda cool" in games, but not particularly amazing or revolutionary (considering we've had tablets and touch screen gameplay for ages now).

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The system and the controllers cost to much and most people can't afford it.
There isn't even a price announced, and tbh I don't think it will be that expensive.

From last I heard, it will be $300

I think it's a stupid idea to put a screen on a controller!
I think WiiU will follow the steps of Wii.
WiiU will have a lot of third party support until the new Xbox and PS come,
and show what really is a next gen console!
I think we will have a huge graphic difference between WiiU and it's concurrency!
I think WiiU will fail so hard, like never before!
The casuals will not buy such a expensive console!
The tendencies changed!
And in two or three years it will have almost none third party games!

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it'll leave a bitter taste with a lot of Nintendo hardcore fanbase for years to come
Why is that? It serves to be much more core and hardcore oriented that the Gamecube and Wii, and I think it does a good job of that, even optimizing its controllers for FPS games to roll in the Hardcore FPS Gamers.

Reactions: 2 people

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
it'll leave a bitter taste with a lot of Nintendo hardcore fanbase for years to come
Why is that? It serves to be much more core and hardcore oriented that the Gamecube and Wii, and I think it does a good job of that, even optimizing its controllers for FPS games to roll in the Hardcore FPS Gamers.

Its controls were already optimised for FPS. Wiimote+nunchuck is second only to mouse and keyboard, the problem was that the Wii was so low powered that noone wanted to port their games over, and that could be a very real problem for the Wii U if 720 and PS4 get a 2015 release as originally planned by Microsoft when talking about 360's lifespan. Especially as we were expecting a really big change from Wii U. Right now it's looking like it's a quad core with an ATI HD 4xxx series, which is like 3 generations behind the PC.

And as for the bitter taste, I meant this E3. Look at how poor the launch of the 3DS was and look how poor the launch of this one was. You didn't see arguing like this in 2006, you saw people fapping to the Wii. Everyone was going crazy like.. this is going to be a revolution type thing.

Here we have a bunch of people who are probably hardcore gamers if they're on GBATemp, who watched Nintendo's E3 conference and came here to discuss it, so they're probably hardcore Nintendo fans, and you have some people saying "Well.. it was alright, it'll still be good" and the other half going "How much did they manage to fuck up that E3 conference?" All the comments on the live software stream were people really disappointed with no Animal Crossing/Fire Emblem/new information at all.

If you don't feel even a little let down by Nintendo this year you either went into that E3 extremely pessimistically, you have a delusional level of optimism or you just don't care about Nintendo that much. This E3 was meant to be Nintendo turning the tables and going, "This is our new console, suck it Microsoft". Instead we see Microsoft bring out pretty much what Nintendo has now and Nintendo "catching up" to its competitors instead of blowing them away.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not too worried about it, even when nintendo manages to upset its "core" audience they tend to make it up to us somehow

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Vmm is just power crazed and hoping ps4-720 is some kind of 2012 high end PC (despite how the economy is doing right now) using this gloom and doom nonsense towards Nintendo wii u to cover it up. Maybe I'm looking too much into it. :unsure:

Zombieu seem like a nice way to use the controller btw.

I think it do fine. People are overreacting over conference. The contents in it was fine.

The only thing they could have add was F-zero and Star fox, but they probably aren't
ready yet.

Reactions: 1 person

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it do fine. People are overreacting over conference. The contents in it was fine.
That's what I find sad, though. I accept this as fine because it was fine. Fine for E3 2012. Ubisoft had the best conference, and that should be what is considered "OK" by E3's standards, but instead it was "Great".

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
I think Vmm is just power crazed and hoping ps4-720 is some kind of 2012 high end PC (despite how the economy is doing right now) using this gloom and doom nonsense towards Nintendo wii u to cover it up. Maybe I'm looking too much into it. :unsure:

Zombieu seem like a nice way to use tgw controller btw.

You probably overestimate how much PCs cost.

To really make a "crazy" console, all they would need is a Radeon 6850, retails for

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, people were/are complaining about third party, so I guess Nintendo wanted to let then shine.

To really make a "crazy" console, all they would need is a Radeon 6850, retails for

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Considering how hard the Wii failed, I assume the WiiU will fail just as hard.

Yep.

It still promises to be the cheapest of the next gen consoles so I really have no idea how the hell you think COST will kill it. If you're too poor to afford it, you sure as hell wont be supporting Sony or Microsofts next gen consoles at twice the cost.

If Nintendo fails, that's basically the videogame industries time for a Swan Song, because it's completely screwed.

EDIT: FOR THE LOVE OF JESUS I WAS BEING SARCASTIC IN THE FIRST LINE.

Reactions: 7 people

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The full specs for the Wii U have not been published and we have no idea what microsoft and sony are doing for their next generation. Microsoft got the head start with the 360 a number of years ago and people were saying that microsoft made a mistake releasing early and that sony was going to outclass them, ect and they sure came out fine as a matter of fact the xbox pretty much won the console war for the current gen.

People are just basing the prospective success of the WiiU on the Wii which is a pretty silly thing to do considering that it "seems" at this current point that nintendo is going back to their nintendo 64 era style of business.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, people were/are complaining about third party, so I guess Nintendo wanted to let then shine.

Yumi

With Love<3
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
Isn't this what we say of every new console that comes out from Nintendo?

Well, I don't think the Wii U is gonna be a failure. Still, a bit soon to judge really. I mean, we can, afterall, try it out at our nearest game shop...right?

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People were saying the 3DS was going to fail and for a bit its sales weren't great, but as is clear now that is turning around as more games become available.

Also,

Deltaechoe said:
as a matter of fact the xbox pretty much won the console war for the current gen.

Bullshit.

Nintendo demolished the others.

http://en.wikipedia....sales_figures_6

I should be more specific, xbox won on the hardcore and 3rd party perspective

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c