Gaming Do you think the Nintendo Selects version of oot3d will patch oot3dhax?

Sega dude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think the Nintendo Selects version of Ocarina of Time 3D will come prepatched against oot3dhax?

Update: The Nintendo Selects version of Ocarina of Time 3D does NOT patch oot3dhax.

Last edited by Sega dude,

Alan Treecko

GBATemp's official fanfiction disposer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering that nintendo has patched 2 exploits on 10.6 *and* is the developer of OoT3D.
There's a low but high chance.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
It's always possible, but seeing that external devices (either powersaves or another HB entrypoint) are needed to install the exploit, they may do done the easy thing and leave it alone.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I assume the eshop version works with OoTHax, right?

If so, can you have the hax installed and still play the game? On the cart version, the hax fills up the save slots, effectively making it impossible to enjoy the game in more than one sitting. On a Sky3DS this problem doesn't occur because there is more room for saves on an SD. Would this problem also not exist on an eshop game which presumably saves on the internal SD?

Last edited by regnad,

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
So,

Nintendo doesn't patch there own games with exploits, but pulls IronFall and forces IronFall to patch there game before it can come back.
Basicly there saying:
- ONLY WE CAN RELEASE GAMES WITH EXPLOITS!!! NOBODY ELSE!!!
IronFall was free while OoT isn't...

Pikm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i bought it and tested it..... It works :) you're welcome.
Yeah, the folks at Nintendo are a bunch of dumbasses. Seriously, what was going through their heads? "Oh no, people are using oot3d to access homebrew! I have a great idea! Let's sell them the exact same exploitable game at a lower price!

Last edited by Pikm,

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So,

Nintendo doesn't patch there own games with exploits, but pulls IronFall and forces IronFall to patch there game before it can come back.
Basicly there saying:
- ONLY WE CAN RELEASE GAMES WITH EXPLOITS!!! NOBODY ELSE!!!
I agree with this. They pulled IronFall probably because it was free, yet they didn't patch an exploit in their own game. Perhaps they are saying: Let's give them their homebrew and exploits, but we will patch the ones that involve cias, downgrading, anything that could be a financial loss. We pulled IronFall off the eshop because it's a free way to get homebrew and possibly pirate and do other illegal things. So, lets re-release OOT3D again but not patch it. This way, even if we suffer financial losses, we will still make money.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
They just measure the impact and act accordingly, like any sane company would.
OoT3D doesn't have 1/10 the impact Ironfall had.

z11111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go figure, I just bought an original ntsc copy of OOT (for my own collection, not for hax) for $40 and this comes out a week later :glare:

Reactions: Seriel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs