do you think the next gen consoles will be

JDMEVOIXMR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what kind of question is this? so....if i answer no will you feel better? we never know, there's always a way around. Anything man made can be cracked, if it's made by man, man can destroy/dismantle/crack it. Did you hear about that one kid and his team of hackers that hacked the iPhone so that it could be unlocked?

Vomitman57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is always going to be new ways to find out.

But I'm sure that nintendo, sony, and microsoft are going to put a lot of effort into trying to prevent piracy.

For example, the new psp is unhackable as of right now, but it is going to become hacked.

And if you disagree with me I will murder you.

jk

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
CJL18 said:
like the ps3, and nintendo and miscrsoft will learn from there mistakes and you wont beable to hack them and play backups?

Well, Nintendo will probably radically change the security on their next console. XBOX 360, well, you can't really do much without a modchip, and even then most people can't play online games with them, so they don't even need to change the security that much. You can't really protect yourself too much against a modchip hack, really. As for PS3, well, I'm not aware you can play backups on PS3 yet
tongue.gif
They have the best security of all - the discs are too big!
tongue.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
eh as of now ps3 is doing quite well with the antipiracy. also major game company dev's are all human so there will be exploits and pirates being human will exploit it and make chips. it seems though everyone is trying to make it piracy more software related these days. what happened to the days of learning how to solder, hoping to god you have the right chip, crossing your fingers and solder away?

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nothing will ever be unhackable, eventually the PS3 will have something that will allow one thing or another on it, but if a company keeps an eye on the hacking scene etc but not complain about it, they can create new firmware etc to cancel out the hack/flash/chip.. so say nintendo looked at all flashcards and rendered all useless so none can be used and actually updated the DS firmware thru wifi (don't even need to be a firmware upgrade just a code written into the firmware) then it would cancel out tonnes of cards.. then the battle begins whether or not hackers can counteract...

well my philosphy anyway lol

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
PS3 hack will totally come out of the blue somewhere this year, I'm sure of it.

Next generation consoles... I'm pretty sure one of the big three is going to come out with some TIGHT new security, probably Nintendo. And it'll take a while before it gets hacked.

Radiopools

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like how all of this modern technology tries so hard to keep hackers from messing with their product, yet there is seemingly always a way around it.

Radiopools

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thegame07 said:
The ps3 would probably have been hacked a long time ago if it was more popular I believe. Most devs are just working on the 360 and wii I believe.

This, most def. Considering that developers have stated that it is so hard to develop for the PS3 due to how it works, that probably makes it a bigger pain to hack.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if it can be run, it can be hacked.

they will try to make their consoles full proof.

but hackers will be there, to find the small mistakes they make,

and exploit them to rip their protection wide open.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My Thoughts
Nintendo-System menu 4.0 already blocks homebrew instaking so if they make a new console it would probably have that n even better security.Recently people using ocarnia have been banned from wifi so mabye in the next console mabye they block you only for using a burnt game online

Sony-I think the ps4 will be unhackable mabye some exploit will be discovered but im 80% sure its gonna be unhackable cuz people are strugling to create a modchip for the ps3 so imagine the security on the ps4

Microsoft-They already ban you from live so mabye in the next console the ban u compleatly from using the console by using some type of disk scan function

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Region Locked to keep the rich American and EU importers out or at least force them to import consoles.

Currently

DSi has partial locks (DSiware only)

360 is region locked

Wii is region locked

Worse Case

If possible create a console that's somehow incompatible outside the designated region (I don't mean the PAL-NTSC voltage deal either) to keep console importers at bay.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
whats bad about imports?

its theyre fault they didnt release it everywhere at once in the first place

whats so good about region locking anyway? more money?

the ds was region free and guess what
dsprintsmoney.jpg

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess is that more and more companies will be going to digital distribution. Not only would that eliminate brick and mortar stores from profiting off of used games, but will also drastically cut down on piracy. The PC has Steam, Nintendo has their download stores, as does the Sony and MS already. The transition is coming. Sure, it won't stop hackers completely, but it will slow them down considerably and make it much more difficult to get something for nothing.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jan777 said:
whats bad about imports?

its theyre fault they didnt release it everywhere at once in the first place

whats so good about region locking anyway? more money?

the ds was region free and guess what
dsprintsmoney.jpg

I'm not saying importing is bad I import a lot but since all but 1 next gen system is region free and the DSi partially region locked some top people at Nintendo and Microsoft see everything wrong with importers. They should embrace region free to get even more profit and stop the terrible practice of region locking.

I pour in hundreds on games the least the companies can do is to make consoles region free to make my life easier and to snatch up some of my extra hard-earned money, you all have to eat and care for your families.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM