Hacking Do you think the new Nintendo 3DS will ship with 9.2 in NA?

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think the new Nintendo 3DS will ship with 9.2 in NA?

I'm ready to buy one and need to know if I should pre-order, I'm just worried it will come will 9.3 and will not work with any flashcards, do we have any idea at this point?

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've actually heard that gamestop got shipments of these in late november, meaning that the first ones at any given gamestop cant possibly have higher than 9.2.

Uncle_Iroh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've actually heard that gamestop got shipments of these in late november, meaning that the first ones at any given gamestop cant possibly have higher than 9.2.

But doesn't gamestop upgrade their consoles themselves? Or is that only for the refurbished models?

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But doesn't gamestop upgrade their consoles themselves? Or is that only for the refurbished models?

they only do that for trade ins, they arent going to go through and open a bunch of new n3ds's and xl's upgrade them and then put them back into their no longer sealed packages and then reseal said packages (I think that would actually be illegal, to sell something that has been opened as something that hasn't been.)

Reactions: Margen67

Nuxx20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, learn from the past. Anyone who wasn't lucky enough to purchase a 3DS with firmware 4.5 or lower, had to wait a long time till the firmware 9.x update was out in order to enjoy his gateway cart. Do you really want to wait up another month just to find out it was too late?

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes I am confident that US N3DS will have fw <=9.2 on them. Some people who bought AUS or JAP N3DS recently are still reporting <=9.2 FW, so i don't think a month will matter much.

Also the JAP N3DS was released after 9.0 came out i think, but JAP N3DS still had 8.1 on them.

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder why Nintendo is still selling exploitable n3dses in other regions.... CONSPIRACY

Nintendo cares more about piracy in America cuz its the most important country in the world. Ex when ninjhax was released, cubic ninja was pulled from eshop right away

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I would bet my money it comes with 9.4+. There's a good month ahead of the release...
To meet release demand, they have to start manufacturing US N3DS consoles at least a month ahead of time. There's a good possibility of 9.3, but there's a reasonable possibility that certain individual consoles also come with 9.2.

Nuxx20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They might have an initial quantity with 9.2 or below but is it worth the risk and the waiting time? I think not.

y03usw6e

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
They might have an initial quantity with 9.2 or below but is it worth the risk and the waiting time? I think not.
How would you even consider it a "risk"? Once it comes out it USA, if they come with 9.2 or lower, you get one. If they're 9.3 or higher, import one. It's not like everywhere in Japan and Australia are going to sell out of 9.2 consoles. I'm sure there are still even stores that have new 4.5 consoles on the shelves, even though they were manufactured in 2012.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow it must be easy as hell nowadays to return an open item at stores. Find a system you don't like return it. Doubt its like that, and I doubt they label the outside of the box with the firmware. So take your chances.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Folks I bought a Chromebook an Walmart a few more moths ago but decided I wanted a different and cheaper model through Amazon. Took it back on day 13 no questions asked. Just know the return policy of your retailer. Best Buy, Walmart, Sams, Costco (90 days). Keep your receipt and don't trash it. Hell you don't even need to leave the parking lot. Just open it up and if you don't like what you see take it back!

Go read the AVS Forums and you will be amazed at all the people that go through two or three 65" HDTVs until they find one that has just the "perfect" colors or just looks right in their Man Cave.

I plan on preordering 3 or 4 from different retailers and hopefully one of them will meet my specifications. The others I just won't pick up and cancel the order or return. Pick me up one or two brick and morter and at least one online seller like Amazon.

Oh, and buy it with a decent credit card so you get the extra year warranty protection free.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.