Hacking Do you think the Acekard 2i will work on a 3DS?

Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm asking this because I'm buying a new flashcart and I might want to use it on a 3DS.

Also, while on the subject, do you think a Supercard DSTWO will work on a 3DS?

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This is just like asking if an R4DS will work on the Nintendo DSi.
The system will block out all DSi flashcards and only Nintendo DS Game Cards manufactured by Nintendo will work.
A 7th Gen Flashkit will need to be created.

Why the hell would you want a Working DS GAME flash card for the 3DS!?
I will now ask a better question:

Will there be a 3DS flash card that is able to load BOTH Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS games?

And now for the ULTIMATE QUESTION:

Will NINTENDO ever revive the Nintendo GAME BOY serries with a "GAMEBOY ULTRA" that has a rotating screen that is entirely touch sensitive and is compadible with DS Falsh Cards? - Just kidding.

flamingo24

Trophies
XP
Country
DJ91990 said:
This is just like asking if an R4DS will work on the Nintendo DSi.

This is not entirely accurate, It's theoretically possible given the AK2i updatability of the bootstrap. Where as the R4DS was static.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hate to burst any bubbles here but does anyone really think that Nintendo is going to allow any flash card currently made to operate on their brand new console?

XXNatus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the acekard works on the DSi by presenting itself as Danny Phantom, so it might work on the 3DS in backwards compatibility mode by presenting itself as a retail game.

flamingo24

Trophies
XP
Country
Like flash carts that currently exist for the DSi, I'm sure it will run in DS mode. Unless DSi reverse engineering bring about a new flash cart future.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
Did the GBA flashcarts that where for the regular GBA work on the DS or DS lite?

I'm sorry if that was a rhetorical question, but yes, they did.

And Iwata already said the 3DS was going to have serious anti-piracy measures, so I don't think the AK2i will work on the 3DS.
Heck, there'll probably be an Acekard 3 by the time the 3DS comes out.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
And Iwata already said the 3DS was going to have serious anti-piracy measures, so I don't think the AK2i will work on the 3DS.
It is questionable whether or not those features apply to old DS flashcarts.

The only way we can know is to wait and see.

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
Jakob95 said:
Did the GBA flashcarts that where for the regular GBA work on the DS or DS lite?

I'm sorry if that was a rhetorical question, but yes, they did.

"serious anti piracy measures"? it sounds like a bunch of PR rhetoric (like that Metaforic AP scheme)

but on topic, most likely not

AC/DS

Trophies
XP
Country
As far as I know, there is not even any information concerning whether or not the 3DS will use something like current carts as a medium.
What if it uses some other, completely new medium? Though I can't think of any, other than some disc (impossible IMHO) or some new kind of flash memory.
Or, most likely, it might be digital-download only.

flamingo24

Trophies
XP
Country
AC/DS said:
As far as I know, there is not even any information concerning whether or not the 3DS will use something like current carts as a medium.
What if it uses some other, completely new medium? Though I can't think of any, other than some disc (impossible IMHO) or some new kind of flash memory.
Or, most likely, it might be digital-download only.

What I gather through articles and forum posts the 3DS will be backwards compatible with the DS & DSi, with that said it wouldn't be a bad idea on Nintendo's part to separate the mediums and rework the design to curve piracy concerns. But like the original DS it would still require what we call a Slot 1 if they intend to include backwards compatibility with existing carts.

exogan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.exogan.com
XP
Country
Romania
Are you guys sure the 3DS will use the same cartridges like the DS & DSi uses? Maybe it will be similar to the transition from the GBA cartridge to the DS cartridge, you never know. I mean, even the Nintendo 3DS is not a officially declared name for the upcoming console, maybe it will not be related to the DS, it could be called Gigatron 3000 and be totally unrelated to the DS & DSi, but that would mean no more DS compatibility. I am so damn curious about this upcoming console.

bluebowser31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO.

Right now we dont even know if it will play ds games, just saying
tongue.gif

even if it does, it will obivously recieve a software update, and most likely be like the DSi, where you have to put it in a Lite to get it to update.

Then again if i was making it, i would make it open source, because i think people should be alowed to make games and homebrew if they want to
tongue.gif

Synt4x3rror

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think an acekard 2i will NOT run on a 3ds BUT I do think that the acekard team will be able to make an acekard for the 3ds

but then again this is all specullation, we first have to wait until it's actually released.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte