Gaming Do you think that the Wii has better graphics than ps2 and xbox

So which is better (based on graphics not gameplay)

• Wii

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Ps2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xbox

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sasho123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I heard that the Wii pulls off graphics that are similar to the Xbox, other say that PS2 has better graphics than Wii. Of course I think that all of this is c**p, but still what do you think
unsure.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wii all the way IMHO.
But do I even care? I prefer gameplay above any other aspect, and that's where the Wii wins or loses.
Games like PES 2009 are ugly, but the gameplay is superb.
Games like The Conduit are good, but not an essential game IMHO, because the gameplay could have been much better.
Graphics-wise The Conduit is good, but gameplay-wise, not so.

stingray1059

Trophies
XP
Country
try using component cable. and you will see the big difference.

or just play resident evil games for both ps2 and wii and compare.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is possibly the dumbest poll I've seen in a while.

The Wii does have better graphics. Not by much, but it does. Have you ever played Super Mario Galaxy? The Conduit? Seriously, this is dumb.

stingray1059 said:

That's a stupid example. RE4 on the Wii was a port of the GC game, no graphical enhancements. That's like asking you to use Resident Evil Archives to compare the Wii to the Gamecube.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:

The Wii does have better graphics. Not by much, but it does. Have you ever played Super Mario Galaxy? The Conduit? Seriously, this is dumb.

stingray1059 said:

That's a stupid example. RE4 on the Wii was a port of the GC game, no graphical enhancements. That's like asking you to use Resident Evil Archives to compare the Wii to the Gamecube.
this is true...btw why compare the wii to the previous consoles of its competitors...isn't that the comparison should be gamecube-ps2-xbox?
smile.gif

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii maybe more capable, but with the trash effort 99% of the companys put for wii games, i'd definitely give the PS2 the nod here. Until i see games like God Of War, Devil May Cry, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy x/xii, Metal Gear, etc, the Wii is going to be the game system with the worst graphics in the past 2 gens with a handful of games that look decent (galaxy, punch out).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quepaso said:
Wii maybe more capable, but with the trash effort 99% of the companys put for wii games, i'd definitely give the PS2 the nod here. Until i see games like God Of War, Devil May Cry, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy x/xii, Metal Gear, etc, the Wii is going to be the game system with the worst graphics in the past 2 gens with a handful of games that look decent (galaxy, punch out).

First, all I see you do on ANY Wii based thread is spout hate speech and trollcasm (that's troll sarcasm). Stop.

Second, you're calling Super Mario Galaxy only "decent"? That game could give 360 and PS3 games a run for their money. It certainly gives God of War, Devil May Cry, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, and Metal Gear Solid on the past gen an ass whopping.

Third you can't base the Wii's graphics on the shitty shovelware it gets. And there are third party developers that give effort. Okami is probably one of the best looking games I've played, even if it is a port (yeah, of a PS2 game). MadWorld was made with brilliant graphical style. The Conduit totes the title of best looking third party game (that's supposed to look realistic). Other games like House of the Dead: Overkill look good too, and if you look at some screenshots for the upcoming games The Grinder and Gladiator AD then you'll see.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
quepaso said:

First, all I see you do on ANY Wii based thread is spout hate speech and trollcasm (that's troll sarcasm). Stop.

Second, you're calling Super Mario Galaxy only "decent"? That game could give 360 and PS3 games a run for their money. It certainly gives God of War, Devil May Cry, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, and Metal Gear Solid on the past gen an ass whopping.

Third you can't base the Wii's graphics on the shitty shovelware it gets. And there are third party developers that give effort. Okami is probably one of the best looking games I've played, even if it is a port (yeah, of a PS2 game). MadWorld was made with brilliant graphical style. The Conduit totes the title of best looking third party game (that's supposed to look realistic). Other games like House of the Dead: Overkill look good too, and if you look at some screenshots for the upcoming games The Grinder and Gladiator AD then you'll see.

1 - LOL. u mad?

2 - You would seriously consider galaxy up to standards with the hd generation? That says enough about your blindness. FYI, i own 100+ PS3 games and 100+ xbox 360 games. Im kinda familiar with what HD games look like, and galaxy is a FLIPPIN JOKE compared to them. I assume you are not using a HDTV as well.

3 - Conduit is one of the ugliest looking games ive seen in the past 3 gens. Im talking PS1 era here. It looks like trash in art style and technical wise. Madworld does look good, but again, its a 480i mess in comparison to anything i previously listed. If you seriously point at high voltage games as the "wait and see" games, then you seriously have no clue what the hell you are talking about. There are adults on this forum who make money and have lots of games, and proper display setups to play them on. We know more then you. So STFU. kthxbye.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
razorback78 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

stingray1059 said:

this is true...btw why compare the wii to the previous consoles of its competitors...isn't that the comparison should be gamecube-ps2-xbox?
smile.gif
I'm sure the reason for the comparison is because specs wise the Wii is just a little better than the Xbox. It's graphics are definitely better than PS2 (quepaso, I don't know what you're talking about but everyone has their own opinion) and the best looking games are better than the best looking Xbox games but not by a huge margin. That being said, there's probably a larger percentage of "shovelware" games on the Wii then any other system so people's views on graphics can be shifted over to the lower end.

@Guild McCommunist: I agree that Super Mario Galaxy, The Conduit, and Madworld are great looking games but I wouldn't say they give PS3 or Xbox 360 a run for their money. Maybe if you put all three systems on a standard definition TV and PS3 and 360 running shovelware games. lol. But like you said you can't base opinions of system graphics on shovelware games.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Who cares, each console has their own market:

Wii = Family, Fun, User-friendly.....
XBOX360 = Long catalog of games, because the procesor specs it has, it can play most of the games created, many of this games are ported from PC games (PC and XBOX360 = MS)
PS3 = Graphics, huge procesor, heavy gamers, $$$$$$

sasho123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
Who cares, each console has their own market:

Wii = Family, Fun, User-friendly.....
XBOX360 = Long catalog of games, because the procesor specs it has, it can play most of the games created, many of this games are ported from PC games (PC and XBOX360 = MS)
PS3 = Graphics, huge procesor, heavy gamers, $$$$$$
Well I care. I actually like to know what users think about the graphics of the wii. So basicly you are just spaming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉