Do you think that someone is going work on porting Wii games?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by P0st, Aug 29, 2018.

1. P0st
    OP

P0st Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2018
    United Kingdom
    So i was thinking about the upcoming Switch online updates and release and i was thinking about the NES games that will be released. I was wondering if there are any people that are working on the Wii games like Wii sport resort an porting them over to the switch. would be cool to see Wii sports resort on the switch

EDIT: i forgot a word in the title: the word is "to"

Last edited by P0st, Aug 29, 2018
    linuxaresisagaysob likes this.
  2. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    only nintendo can do this and that's if they do it.

3. P0st
    OP

P0st Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2018
    United Kingdom
    well TBF i was thinking what more about home brew and switch hacking scene but it would be cool to see Nintendo port games like that

4. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2012
    Germany
    @P0st It's not that easy, the Wii has a PPC processor, the Switch an ARM processor.
    The game would need to be altered significantly and this would be already pretty time consuming if one had the source code, but nobody except nintendo has it.
    Your post is too ambiguous so I can't really tell if you mean nintendo hires someone to do it or some hackers could do it.

If you mean hackers it is impossible except by emulation and people should really stop making threads like this as it doesn't change anything and the information you are searching for was already written down on this forum numerous times, use the search function next time before creating a useless thread.

5. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    we cant port the games we donthave the source code or anything most we could do is mess with emulation

6. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    why does everyone think they can just port games without the source code?

Awnser: you can't.