22.2%
  2. No, this is false and a smartphone appears

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. NancyDS

OP NancyDS GBAtemp Regular

Venezuela
    4 months ago, after the EMD topic of Do you think that Microsoft will release a handheld console, due to the low sales of Xbox One? outside closed on November 22, 2018, I wanted to reopen the EMD topic here in GBAtemp, now considered an Xbox One thread.

We begin to explain the thread:

Hello everyone, I have a reason why, Xbox One is not selling much like its predecessor, for:

• Lack of exclusive games and more PC games on the console

If this situation continues, it is likely that Microsoft,release a handheld console with exclusive games to beat sales of Xbox 360.

And as we all know, Xbox One is only for those who want the most powerful console in history, if they want exclusive, buy a PlayStation 4 or a Nintendo Switch by itself, the Microsoft handheld console is not released in November 2018, in this case , the '' Microsoft Andromeda '', it is the key name of this console, which in something future will be called '' Xbox 360p '' or something like that.

This console was expected for Christmas last year.

It is said that it will launch 2 years before the Xbox Scarlett and when Scarlett launches in 2020, they will stop producing games for Xbox 360p and use it as the new controller / secondary screen for Microsoft's new console, such as the Wii U Gamepad but Microsoft, but I'm afraid that the Xbox Scarlett failed in the market as the Dreamcast for killing Xbox One in its very long life that was promised and that Microsoft is dedicated only to release games for PC, being the future for the saga of Halo .

After the Xbox brand is finished with Xbox Scarlett, SEGA will return to the consoles because Microsoft is no longer in the consoles.

What do you think of this terrifying future that holds the Xbox brand?
    [​IMG]

Sources:

Please, if you in GBAtemp do not understand Spanish Videos, please put the subtitles in English.

Last edited by NancyDS, Feb 8, 2019
  2. Idontknowwhattoputhere

United Kingdom
    Low xbox one sales?
    What are you on about?

3. BiggieCheese

BiggieCheese GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I highly doubt it; Most console gamers that have a need for a handheld gaming experience will have already bought a 3DS and/or Switch by now, they probably wouldn’t be interested in a Microsoft portable since it wouldn’t have much to offer besides being a weaker, handheld version of the Xbox One. Besides, Microsoft announcing XCloud - their cloud gaming service for smart devices and the Switch pretty much confirmed that this would never happen anyway.

4. PalomPorom

PalomPorom Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    There is no competition with Nintendo in the handheld market. Sony learned that the hard way with the vita and now they're done. I would buy one if they did but I don't think they'd try

Sent from my toaster running Rebug

5. decipher83

decipher83 Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I think that move is too risky, they won't do it

6. TheRealNGB

TheRealNGB GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The already have if you consider every phone, tablet, and laptop that is running windows, if they could ever get game streaming to an acceptable performance there wouldn't really be any need for a dedicated handheld they would just port over the marketplace and make everything "play anywhere"

7. KooPako

KooPako GBAtemp Regular

United States
    At this point I hope so, maybe with competition maybe there will be a chance of Nintendo making a dedicated handheld again
    Switch is not really good as a portable device

8. MrCokeacola

MrCokeacola Xbox Connoisseur

Canada
    Handhelds are dead just look at the Vita and Switch Lite.

alexander1970 likes this.
  9. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBAtemp Member

Austria
    ....like @NancyDS

:rofl2:

"New" Handhelds maybe,but the Trend for Handheld Consoles to use for Emulation is up I think.:)

dazindude likes this.
  10. Rafciu

Rafciu Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    Not gonna happen, Microsoft will go into streaming on android and ios. Pretty sad that only handheld alive is Switch. Damn You Sony...

11. campbell0505

campbell0505 Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    Very unlikely. With Nintendo already dominating the handheld market (and console market in general, even though on handheld their only competitors are smartphones) I don’t think they’d be able to slip in easily with a handheld, it would probably fail. I do think it would be cool if they brought project xCloud to switch, but not sure what Nintendo would think of that.

RyRyIV likes this.
  12. RyRyIV

RyRyIV Chicken Chaser

United States
    I think this hits the nail on the head. Nintendo is just too dominant, and smartphones are easier/cheaper to develop for instead of making a whole new console. I'd be more suprirsed if any other companies did keep trying to release a handheld system.

13. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

United Kingdom
    No, Microsoft will release a non-upgradable PC that has a locked down console OS.
    Unfortunately non-Nintendo current gen handhelds are, for the forseeable future, a thing of the past.

RyRyIV likes this.
  14. PROTOBOY

PROTOBOY GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    No I don't think so.

Microsoft literally don't care if they sell or not their consoles, hence their low price high end consoles such as Xbox One X and Series X. Microsoft admitted they don't have any financial benefit over the high end consoles sales since they actually might even loose more money on making than selling. Their focus is their service not hardware itself.

Nevertheless their consoles are the best and actually cheap compared to same level PC specs alike components.
    If Xbox Series X launch on day 1 for 500 bucks retail day price, I'm trading my Xbox One X to it. Of course I will have to consider if a new TV will really be necessary since 120hz probably will cause screen tearing on 60hz screens.

I am a former PC gamer (obviously for having to constantly have to buy parts) and stopped buying Nintendo hardware since they don't support previous generations compatibility anymore.

We have xCloud available for preview at the moment which turns out be kinda of a smart strategy, smartphones everyone already have so no need to buy additional hardware for gaming Xbox on the go.

15. NR74W

NR74W Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    With the withdrawal of Sony in the Handheld console market, and the huge success of the Switch, Nintendo now has a complete monopoly in it, and is guaranteed to maintain it.

Last edited by NR74W, Mar 29, 2020
  16. MrCokeacola

MrCokeacola Xbox Connoisseur

Canada
    ITT: Shills seething over how great us Xbox fans have it.

Please buy a PS5 we don't need you.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Microsoft, handheld, release