Hardware Do you think Switch can handle TressFX/PureHair/and whatever?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So far, I saw these graphics technologies in only 3 games, the 2 tomb raider reboot game and The Witcher 3
I know these takes a lot of gpu power
Also, i heard that Tomb Raider 2013 got released on ps3/4/xbox360/XBO and tressfx was available only on ps4/XBO

do you think Switch is powerful enough to handle those technologies?

tiny bump

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, but only if your character has three or four hairs. Perhaps they will make a game featuring Charlie Brown.

Also, NEVER bump.
i though we were authorised to bump after 48 hours if we didnt receive any answer
not the case anymore?

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure, but I know that Switch has nice compatibility with UnrealEngine and Unity, so it probably supports it on some level, but you wouldn't be able to use it much before it slows everything down. Tbh, gauging the abilities of the Switch is difficult because it has blown my expectations out of the water with how good Mario Kart and Zelda BotW look on it. Nintendo did an excellent level of optimization, but you can only really push it so far (no one is going to write out entire parts of the engine in ASM anymore like they used to do), so you gotta keep your expectations in check.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...