Gaming Do you think Sun & Moon will have any exclusive features on the New 3DS?

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So as the title asks, do you think Pokemon Sun and Moon will have features exclusive to the New 3DS? If so, what features do you think it'll have? It kind of stands to reason that it would, they have a history of it when 2 generations have been released on the same hardware. The second generation of Pokemon while completely playable on a regular Gameboy (excluding Crystal), had the benefit of being in full color and the ability to perform a mystery gift with the infrared port on the Game Boy Color. While the fifth generation of Pokemon while completely playable on a regular DS, had the ability to utilize the DSi's camera for video chatting.

Given that there is something of a precedence for this kind of thing, it wouldn't surprise me to see some sort of N3DS features. I think the most obvious and probably sure thing is the boosted clock rate running natively (We can do this in Gen 6 thanks to NTR), which of course is great for more fluid FPS especially during battles. Beyond that, what I really want is stereoscopic 3D everywhere and not just in battles. I'd have to imagine the New 3DS can handle that, and clearly the ability to have 3D on a New system and not on an Old system is possible as Hyrule Warriors Legends proved. The only other exclusive feature I could think that it might have would be control of the camera with the C-Stick, but I don't think a lot of people are really begging for that feature.

Reactions: CatmanFan

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
nintendo dont want to put extra feature in a 3ds the potencial buyers dont have

Not true.

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 had DSi functions, despite the fact that it was playable on DS.

Also, Pokemon b2w2 could only get Therian formes from the usage of Pokemon Dream Radar on 3DS.

It wouldn't be the first time they have support for a cartridge across more than one device.

They could easily allow it to access the extra RAM on N3DS if you had one.

alex61194

Trophies
XP
Country
Not true.

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 had DSi functions, despite the fact that it was playable on DS.

Also, Pokemon b2w2 could only get Therian formes from the usage of Pokemon Dream Radar on 3DS.

It wouldn't be the first time they have support for a cartridge across more than one device.

They could easily allow it to access the extra RAM on N3DS if you had one.
but at that time, there was no consoles for kids

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anything, they will do 3d in more places (like triple battles) and maybe limited camera control with the c-stick.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
but at that time, there was no consoles for kids

erm, technically all consoles can be for kids, just that 2DS is a cheaper alternative.

Once again, they've always had cross console content.

Like how Pokemon RSEFRLG could get pokemon from Pokemon Box,
heck, Pokemon from Coll and XD was needed to complete the pokedex, if one couldn't attend events for Ho-oh Lugia and other Johto Pokemon.

It's just a nice way to sell more consoles, if you really wanted it.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

Atro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there'd be anything N3DS exclusive because simply put, the N3DS isn't too drastically different from the O3DS. It has better speed and better 3D. That's pretty much it.

The GBC supported Color, instead of just grayscale, and the DSi was basically a completely revamped DS.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
At the very least I'd expect it to make use of the improved clock speed.

Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, one of the most recent Pokémon games, runs noticeably slower in some places (especially in dungeons with fog like Sheer Mountain Range) on the old 3DS, while the new 3DS is much smoother. In general, this only applies when the 3D is turned on. Granted, Spike-Chunsoft is not GameFreak, but I'd be surprised if they didn't do something like this.

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. You ask why? Because it is pokemon, even if they dont add any new featutes, people will buy it [emoji14]
That logic doesn't make sense. Giving a bare experience is not how you win over your audiences for any form of sequels. Sure, people will buy it, but lack of new features make for a boring experience.
Not saying Sun and Moon is a bare game, as they added Battle Royals, Z Moves, and a revamped story system, and I'm not saying there will be N3DS exclusive features either. At best, as others have already said, Game Freak could add more 3D areas of the game, as well as take advantage of the N3DS clock speed. Of course, if they don't, you could always use HANS to force increase the clock speed.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
2ds is specially made for kill in the time of the dsi there was no console of nintendo made for kids
Alex, your logic is dumbfounded. Truly you can't believe the 2ds is strictly for kids. Not to mention it has nothing to do with the question.

As for OP? No. It wouldn't make sense to have N3DS specific features in a Pokémon game.

alex61194

Trophies
XP
Country
Alex, your logic is dumbfounded. Truly you can't believe the 2ds is strictly for kids. Not to mention it has nothing to do with the question.

As for OP? No. It wouldn't make sense to have N3DS specific features in a Pokémon game.
nintendo made it for kids, as the parents didnt like the 3d for kids, i know no only kids play in a 2ds but nintendo made it for kids that´s why for example why oras have only 3ds in combats
Edit: found at wikipedia: "Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aimé stated that the 2DS was primarily targeted towards younger players (such as those younger than age 7), whom they had previously advised not to use the 3D functionality on the 3DS due to potential eye health concerns."

Last edited by alex61194,

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Removed insult -rp

alex61194

Trophies
XP
Country
<snip> still wants to pretend consoles are only for specific age groups while ignoring a feature that has been in the original 3DS since launch

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/257/~/what-can-i-block-with-parental-controls?

Display of 3D Images - Make all images display in 2D only. The restriction of the display of 3D images is recommended for users 6 years or younger.
why are you so mad at me? i just told you want nintendo ceo of america said

Last edited by raulpica,

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why are you so mad at me? i just told you want nintendo ceo of america said
You continue to spread misinformation and insist you are right despite the sources posted.

Also there is no such thing as "nintendo ceo of america". More misinformation being spewed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself