Do you think spell check makes your spelling become worse?

Is your spelling worse because you rely on spell check?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

its xNIGHTMAREx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so ever since I've been typing papers in MS Word I've noticed that the amount of spelling errors I make have increased. Heck, sometimes I don't even know how to spell some easy words and rely on spell check to tell me. So, I was just curious is it the same for you? Answer the poll and reply with your opinion. I'm curious to see if modern technology like spell check is making us stupider.
wacko.gif

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Not exactly...
I think the spell checker just makes me realise I do more spelling errors then I'd normally notice without it. I have to say the dictionary addon for Firefox is a lifesaver.
tongue.gif

its xNIGHTMAREx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I guess it could help you but I never really check how I spelled the word wrong. Usually because I'm in too much of a rush trying to get my ideas typed.

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well, if your typing with otut caring and relying on spell check to fix your mistakes then your spelling isnt gonna get any better
the main purpose of spell check is to fix the minor and unintentional mistakes made in typing

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually think it does. I'm one of those writers who goes through a whole essay without stopping to much. As a result if I see a red line I'll usually continue until I reach the end of the sentence or even paragraph. When I go back to correct all I do right click and select the first one without paying much attention. My spelling isn't worse, but it isn't better either. It does help fix long term mistakes though. I used to always spell government wrong before I was forced to type a bunch of crap on it and discovered that I always spelled it wrong.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk i dnt thnk i ned it. i nvr mak spellin mistaces.

It helps me a lot. I would misspell so many words without it.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say "yes" to this question, if 90% of the individuals on here actually used the damn thing. I'm not a freaking English Professor, but some common sense regarding reading and writting needs to be introduced to kids now a days. I've read college essay papers and jesus do they scare me.

Wynd

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
As many have said before me, I am helped by the spell checker, to learn how to spell certain words. I've always typed "allways" which is wrong, and "recipies" instead of "recepies" etc... but I've got more info from the spell check!

However, I think many Swedish people get dumber and dumber with the Swedish spell check. Because the earlier spell checks didn't know about.. "words put together"... we put together words that belong together, like "superhungrig (super hungry)" because "super hungrig" means "boozing hungry" as in drinking a lot when you're hungry.... there are MANY fun sentences that appears if you spell it the wrong way with the spaces. and the sad thing is that 80% or more can't spell for shit here in sweden.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yawn