Do you think ROM #3000 for the DS will reach us this year?

Do you think ROM #3000 for the DS will reach us this year?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Undecided

• Total voters

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Definitely not.

I feel games releases are getting dry, possibly due to too many shovelware. DS Lite have been out for couple of years now, people will start lose interest this year so sales will go down, meaning games makers will start focus on another games consoles. Results: Less games being released.

We're on game # 2268. Very unlikely.

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Hadrian said:
Well we've 331 releases in the first quarter of the year and its always "slow" in the first quarter though to me 331 is a fucking lot.

Of course there'll be a very slow period and then October to December it'll be crazy with releases. Then we've also got the Korean scene to think about, which is fairly new, I'm sure there's many games released there that have yet been dumped.

So I reckon it'll pass 3000 with no problems at all. Hell I reckon 3500 isn't so far off.

I still remember there was a day when almost 20 titles were pre-d on the irc, now 3000 by end of 08 doesn't sound so impossible

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. Thanks to shovelware...

hate2.gif
By looking at the current release list, I say Etrian Odyssey is the latest good game.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Bob Evil said:
DeMoN said:
I don't think so, the DS is nearing the end of its days and if Nintendo doesn't do something spectacular at E3, it's screwed.

You are aware that the DS is only just over 3 years old, right?

Well... 4 now. But its still going great. Even if we have shitloads of shovelware, there's quite a few good games out, and a few more coming.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeMoN said:
I don't think so, the DS is nearing the end of its days and if Nintendo doesn't do something spectacular at E3, it's screwed.

FFS... that's just ridiculous and an idiotic comment to make.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Xcalibur said:
Bob Evil said:
DeMoN said:

Well... 4 now. But its still going great. Even if we have shitloads of shovelware, there's quite a few good games out, and a few more coming.

The DS isn't 4 until November
wink.gif

But yes, it's still going strong ... there is no way they will end it any time soon, as they are not even capable of meeting demand at the moment.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Xcalibur said:
Bob Evil said:
DeMoN said:

True, we have Final Fantasy and Castlevania to look forward to, but the same cannot be said about first party games.
That's why I said, unless Nintendo announces a shitload of first party games at E3, the DS will be nearing it's end.

pilotwangs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm,650 games?
I don't think so.

Though,saying that,there seems to be about 3 of those Japanese Edutainment games out every day!

TBH,i don't want to reach #3000 because almost every game would be Shovelware.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Psyfira said:
Hm I dunno, I think Ubisoft have nearly run out of animals...

Bearz, Lionz and Wolvez have all been confirmed ... what may surprise many people on this board, is how well games that they like to call 'shovelware' sell ...

It is the so-called 'shovelware' that brings in the capitol required to finance the 'better' projects ...

Sadly, so many 'gamers' seem unable to see how the games market really is ...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We've got 2921 on the list and there are over 100 games to be released, including Japanese and various region dupes. Many of those will probably be delayed, thats if those dates for this year are true. Plus there are many undumped titles still to be dumped.

It'll be a close one me thinks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I like to interact with my smut ok