1. Edward_Kenway

OP Edward_Kenway Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    There's a few PS4 exclusive games I want to play. Like Nioh and Bloodborne. But I don't want to buy a PS4 for a handful of games, especially since Bloodborne is only 30fps with bad framepacing.

2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I thought sony said that the ps5 was bc with the ps4.

3. Edward_Kenway

OP Edward_Kenway Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    I meant to say will they get remastered on the PS5?

4. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

No one can really say as of now, but given the nature of the industry it wouldn’t surprise me to see ‘enhanced editions’, even with BC.

5. RY0M43CH1Z3N

RY0M43CH1Z3N Touching things and improving your world

Spain
    Maybe, but the first priority for Sony are new exclusives and new games in PS5, obviously.

6. jDSX

jDSX GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Probably at some point.

7. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...
    Supervisor

Poland
    If the rumours are to be believed and Sony continues to build upon the ecosystem they've created, they may not have to. PS4 games are already quite scalable, most have additional performance or visual benefits on the PS4 Pro, either natively or via Boost Mode. They may not even have to re-release them, it could be a matter of a simple patch. The footage of Spiderman taking full advantage of the new SSD points to that being the case - the software can be given a boost on the new hardware organically, much like it's the case on PC's.

LonelyPhantom, KiiWii and Xzi like this.
  8. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

United States
    On the one hand, with the extra horsepower it shouldn't take much to get PS4 games to run better (at least a stable 60 FPS) on PS5. On the other hand, you just know certain publishers are drooling over the prospect of charging us new game prices for "remasters" with no real changes. Bit of a coin flip from one game to the next.

9. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    Just get a 2nd hand ps4 purchase Bloodborne as thers nothing wrong it

RY0M43CH1Z3N likes this.
  10. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    from what I read, PS5 has a similar architecture with PS4, think about the compatibility between Wii and gamecube games, there is a big chance that PS5 can play Ps4 games natively, so a great news if you have a lot ps4 digital games on your account, they may just work.

However, at the same time, Sony has not really had a firm standing whether the games will be 100% compatible. I am betting it will have a mixed compatibility and will need individual tweaks, working together with the developers, just like what microsoft did with xbox one when they introduced BC with 360 software.

now, this brings more question. Publishers love to remaster their old games for a quick grab, will you buy a remastered PS4 games when your PS4 copy probably can run just fine?

I am 100% sure Capcom will re-release their RE collections, with maybe, some cosmetic enhancement thanks to PS5 hardware upgrade (4K 60 fps anyone?), but will you buy those games when you probably already bought the ps4 copies?

11. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    no only people obsessed with fps will buy them-ill be playing the new great catalogue of ps5 games

eriol33 likes this.
  12. thewannacryguy

thewannacryguy Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Korea, North
    In games which require fast reactions smoother framerates improve the experience by reducing input lag. The smoother animations look so much nicer too. I never owned a PS4 and am willing to pay more for PS5 remasters of the PS4 games which I missed out on. I was annoyed with Nintendo porting Wii U games which I already owned to the Switch. If you would prefer to play newer games then go for it.

13. rezaassd

rezaassd Banned
    Banned

Brazil
    yes all of them gonna ported to ps4
    like ps3 to ps4

14. KenzooW

KenzooW Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    As I heard PS5 will be able to handle all the games released before

Draft saved Draft deleted