Hardware Do you think nintendo will make an updated version of the gamecube controller?

updated gamecube controller?

• likely

• not really

Results are only viewable after voting.

Daniel72

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I wish they did, since the gamecube controller is an amazing controller, but they don't have enough buttons so the controls are a bit limited on the switch. What do you guys think?

PuNKeMoN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Original GameCube controllers already work with
Switch on 4.0 + (if you have a GC to Wii U adapter) so it doesn't seem likely Nintendo will remake them.
And since Switch pro controllers are better, why would they?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could always buy the following...

- PDP Fight Pad ( come in many character variations. Basically a Wii Classic Controller Pro that's setup like a GameCube controller)

- Hori Fight Pad (only comes in Mario, Luigi and Pikachu. Essentially the same product at PDP's)

- Hyperkin Procube (This one is a Wii U Gamepad shaped like a GameCube controller. The only thing it's missing is analog triggers. I use this controller for PC gaming and its my favorite!)

All three options will require a Magic NS or some other adapter but at least you have options.

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Original GameCube controllers already work with
Switch on 4.0 + (if you have a GC to Wii U adapter) so it doesn't seem likely Nintendo will remake them.
And since Switch pro controllers are better, why would they?
Since they deliberately added support for the GC to WiiU adapter, I wouldn't be surprised if they rereleased said adapter with Switch branding and rereleased GCN controllers to go with it when Smash comes around.

Reactions: JakobAir

fiis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt they will since you have the pro controller to address that market. Third parties however....

maddenmike95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This one is is pretty close and and it's an officially licensed product by Nintendo, however it is still a 3rd party controller. I've been using it with smash ultimate and it's my go to controller at the moment. Good feel, weight and buttons with bluetooth so you don't have to worry about cords. Its the next best thing, for me at least.

1507452-01_NSW_GC-WL_Purple_2_ANRV_P_Gallery.jpg

https://www.powera.com/products/wireless-controller-for-nintendo-switch-gamecube-style-purple/

Last edited by maddenmike95,
Reactions: Rahkeesh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu