Gaming Do you think Nintendo should release more remakes on the Switch?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,693
  • Replies 57
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
Remakes get a lot of hate these days, cashing in on already released games. In my opinion it really depends on what has changed between the remake and the original. The Metroid II remake is great but I skipped Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga due to the lack of 3D support and shitty Bowser's Minions gimmick. And I skipped the amiibo-locked content.

On one side I feel frustrated when games I've already bought on the Wii U get enhanced remakes on the Switch but it's also nice to see improved versions of games I love come out. And I will buy Sm4sh DX when it's released.

Nintendo has a rich library of classics like Paper Mario 64, Advance Wars and Super Metroid. It would be great to see these games updated with gameplay tweaks, a fresh coat of paint and higher quality audio. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe proved that 1080p 60fps on the Switch is realistic.

A lot of remakes aren't done by Nintendo, the N64 Zelda remakes were done by Grezzo while Twilight Princess HD was done by Tantalus so with my (very limited) knowledge of how companies work I'm going to say that it won't impede the development of new games.

But as customers who have no say in how Nintendo operates we can only vote with our wallets. That is unless we give them 600k downvotes on Reddit.

EDIT:

Most of the games mentioned in the OP are not remakes. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: CuriousTommy

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think the switch needs to remove itself from old ports, mainly because gamers (not fanboys) do not want to pay £50 for a shitty PS3/360 ported game we played 6+years ago.

nintendo need to focus its support on current third party titles.

give it a year, if this continues the switch will become another nintendo console that no one cares about other than its loyal fans and third party support will end as its proven since the n64.

then when sony and ms release its new console to equal themselves to nintendo, because the switch is nintendo's next gen console, it wont be able to compete (as it cant even compete with the current last gen consoles) and guess where all the third party AAA titles will be heading, (if its not already abandoned by then).

so you never know, weve already seen nintendo being lazy porting its wii u titles over, they might end up porting everything possible to keep its console going.

problem is, if this the case then the switch is even worse, because if its going to be a NES/SNES/N64/GC/WII/WIIU port whore......... hmmm i have my tablet that can do this, attached BT Controller...... hmmm why buy a switch and rebuy games when i can set all that up for free?

Reactions: SubLoverD

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of the "PORTS" are just distractions for the fact that games are "currently in development" instead of "Now available" Day one launch was horrible, i dunno what was worst, Wii u launch, gamecube launch or switch launch titles. There was like less than 9 retail games available, and every week is a neo geo title port which i'm sure hamster corp is good for but has no online gameplay. Every thursday on eshop is the same thing. A somewhat unannounced game, a game no one expected to come, and a neo geo game.

Not trying to be mean but they could have had more launch games or least waited a few more months (Maybe another year) before trying to launch switch, but they had no choice since the wii u was probably already dead to them and the lack of games wasn't gonna cut it for long, and now developers are making the idea of trying to consider making games available for the system but very skeptical until they release a game no one would buy hoping they do to persuade them to make more. "Capcom is surprised at the sales of Ultra Street Fighter 2 and decided to bring more games to the switch" I hate seeing that. No one asked for ultra street fighter 2, and no one wanted to pay $40 for a updated game of a outdated game (And I don't mean people don't like it or play it still i mean is a OLD GAME) as their 30 year anniversary gift to the series. Add 2 characters, recycle some stuff and add a uninspired game mode does not equal $40 worth buying. People only bought it cause it was street fighter 2 on the switch. When they could have done ultra street fighter 4 port worth $40 or some collection game.

I'm trying to be optimistic for the switch but I'm disappointed at nintendo for not trying to do something about it, like ask them to make a more exclusive game or least have a vote of some kind. When smash bros for wii u came out, they had a character ballot to see who they could include in the game, why not do a ballot for what kind of games we wanna see on the switch or maybe what games do we want ported to the system, instead we got devs experimenting with game sales on switch by bringing older games to it and expecting us to buy it before they decide to make a newer game to put on it.:glare:

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
remasters barely hurts the release of new games, since they don't need that much work.

As long as there's new games along with remasters, I don't see a problem with it, the cash grab argument isn't even one. Yes it's a company and a company tries to make money. You don't have to buy remasters if you don't want them.

Also, for many of the big IPs such as Mario Kart and Smash, it even makes sense to release the same base game and expand it, since the graphic experience can't be much better than what we had on Wii U (because of Switch technical limitations).

Lots of game are released once and keep being improved overtime, I hope they'll go this way and with Smash and MK.

Reactions: ut2k4master

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
remasters barely hurts the release of new games, since they don't need that much work.

As long as there's new games along with remasters, I don't see a problem with it, the cash grab argument isn't even one. Yes it's a company and a company tries to make money. You don't have to buy remasters if you don't want them.

and if we ignore these games and the same usual nintendo titles that are basically the same thing across all consoles........ what else do you have? nothing really. when it comes to nintendo your options are indy mobile apps, same usual nintendo titles and old last gen ports.

Also, for many of the big IPs such as Mario Kart and Smash, it even makes sense to release the same base game and expand it, since the graphic experience can't be much better than what we had on Wii U (because of Switch technical limitations).

and its this limitations that i think nintendo do deliberately, if it can manage porting its same old titles or recycling, we all know nintendo never push mario or mario kart graphically, in fact all their games are what youd consider basically a 3d cartoon, so they dont bother pushing hardware.

they do this to keep its costs down, yet charge the consumer over the top for old hardware, keeping its hardware limited it ensures third parties will not be able to support it with its current big AAA titles, this leaving the market open to mainly nintendo, ensuring its games gets the best possible sales.

we all know plenty of third party titles that easily surpass nintendo sales within weeks, nintendo wont want to pit mario up against a massive third party AAA title because they know where the money will be going..... to the third party.

So this is why every time we see a new nintendo console, third parties support it by porting its old games, little production cost, if its sales are poor then its not a massive loss.

i mean its exactly why Capcom will not invest in a dedicated team to port Resident Evil 7 over to the switch, yet theyll port its old Revelations over, which we need to remember that Capcom never bothered to support nintendo with Revelations 2 or the REremake and 0 for the switch.

the way i look at it is, this time next year the switch will be like the wii u again, in fact most nintendo consoles when it comes to support, after its hype has gone no one hears of the console other than nintendo re advertising the same old mario titles.

i just dont see the point in paying more for PS3/360 titles i already own that look inferior and cost more than whats also porting to the PS4/XBX1.

i couldnt give a crap if it means i get to play on the shitter, my life is not that shit that i need to play games while having a crap.

if the mrs is watching tv and i want to play, i remote play via my laptop, or simply go in my games room to play.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont mind if they remake Zelda 1, 2 and 3 for Nintendo Switch.
You reminded me people liked zelda on nes, i forgot that. :blink:

I also forgot to answer the question in my previous post. Here it is.
"They already started, why stop now?"

I can tell you why but I won't, no one cares. Anyway, i hope they do maybe consider fixing xenoblade chronicles x or if they do a sequel that they take into account my ideas i posted a few days ago in another thread. Text too small, not having simple multiplayer functionality, loading times based on downloading game data packs (FROM THE SERVER instead of from the game itself) and maybe this time no censorship pls, is almost 2018 and also have region free games and world wide releases.:unsure:

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remakes are ok, but having too many is not what we need on the Switch. Im sure the Wii U remakes will get ported over to the Switch eventually, but we need new games

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
shitty Bowser's Minions gimmick
Um, it's an optional side story. You can ignore it if you don't like it.
The lack of 3D does suck in my opinion. I reckon it's not because the system couldn't handle it, but the New 2DS is becoming the "default" 3DS system, it seems.

Reactions: BORTZ

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zelda BOTW is Zelda 1.
Zelda 2 is shit, forget about it.
Link between worlds is Zelda 3, if you're talking about Link to the past.

No, I am talking about NES version.

No, I am not talking about Link between Worlds from 3DS.. Since Link Between World America version is sequel to A link to the past. America of Nintendo sometimes confused me.

Yes, SFC version of Japanese said it was 3rd game continued from Zelda II FC version. Now, Japanese said The Legend of Zelda: Triforce of the Gods 2 is link to The Legend of Zelda: Triforce of the Gods SFC version. Confused!

For example, America of Nintendo made up of the title of them own (WEIRD AMERICA OF NINTENDO) of Super Mario World and Super Mario World 2 but in Japan, it was Super Mario Bros 4: Super Mario World. Now you know what i am talking about.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think its great that the Switch is built on Tegra 16 tech meaning that games can be ported over easily, but I strongly feel that if they (nintendo) don't do what they do best (make fun and engaging first party games) then the Switch is dead in the water. They can port everything under the sun if they want to, but that didn't save the WiiU or the Vita (in regards to the PS2 ports and "PS4/Vita cross plat games).

Virtual Console is a big big must. I think Nintendo is only hurting themselves if they don't open up a big ol storefront of legacy console games from years gone by. That's what people want from nintendo. It's what they remember.

Reactions: Chary

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
(make fun and engaging first party games) .
I'd much rather ports/VC at this point rather than some of nintendo's newer offerings. e.g. The newer Mario Party/Paper Mario/Mario Sports. Imo for a lot of spinoff series, Nintendo has dropped the ball, and at this point, I wouldn't dare buy a new Mario Party, but I'd gladly shell out to buy a 4th copy of Mario Party 3.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i would want a skyward sword hd for the switch with optional motion controls and standard controls too.

i would also like okami remaster that is being released for ps4 and xb1 to be on switch too.

what i really wanted nintendo would never give me what about a remake of super metroid or metroid fusion with either the metroid 2 style or 3rd person like other m, i loved other m gameplay sure story sucked but gameplay was amazing imo.

Reactions: DarthDub

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah 100%, Super Mario Sunshine bring it on! but please not another version of Zelda Wind Waker. I think if that happened again I would just hang myself from the top bunk of my belt!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr