Hacking Do you think it's time to just give up Wii hacking?

Should Wii hacking be done and finished with?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

caffolote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As some of you may know, Nintendo shut down Yafaze. I was a global moderator there (Marth5454). Because of the whole NSMB leakage and everything, Wii hacking is now getting harder and harder. NSMB only works on USB Loaders and not by disc. Also, with 4.2 released and more to come, I think it's just time for everyone to just stop pirating high exclusive Wii games. What do you think?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
well they havn't shut down gbatemp
tongue.gif

and anyway N shut down Yafaze cos KG leaked smbw they were pissed and wanted revenge and how did they find out he runs it? cos their IN HERE! every1 thinks N are a kind, kiddy company who won't do any harm but the truth is their EVIL!

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure the closure of Yafaze has hit you hard, but the homebrew/hacking/piracy scene is still alive and thriving. The new protection on NSMB was a stumbling block, but it was defeated very easily and you can't expect every future game to include this same protection (there are still games being released with 002, for chrissakes). Remember when Ghostbusters was considered the be-all end-all of anti-piracy?

4.2 was a failure. Yes, it was a very direct attempt by Nintendo to defeat piracy and homebrew, but it took less than a week for 4.2-safe methods to pop up for everything. They can't patch Indiana Pwns or Stack Smash. Things may get a little tougher from here on out, but Wii hacking is far from over.

Also, maybe if Yafaze didn't tag the NSMBW release as "NSMBW Team Yafaze" it wouldn't be in this spot. There's something to be said for subtlety.

leemufc

Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
tongue.gif

and anyway N shut down Yafaze cos KG leaked smbw they were pissed and wanted revenge and how did they find out he runs it? cos their IN HERE! every1 thinks N are a kind, kiddy company who won't do any harm but the truth is their EVIL!
i got the feeling the wii ninjas are watching me!!!!!!
blink.gif

DarkFocus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bladexdsl said:
tongue.gif

Those 2 yes votes most have been nintendo
blink.gif

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Well tbh Yafaze made up under 0.1% of Wii sites so it's not that bad. I know you were staff there and I've had a few sites myself that were shut down for various reasons so I can see how gutted you feel.

You are blowing it out of proportion in your mind and in time you will see that "shit happens"
One of my forum mods spent thousands of hours doing things to one day "lose it all" but this is why you learn to keep backups, make friends and travel light online.

I hope you don't take what I'm saying as any type of insult because I think you (and the other staffers) did a great thing.

Maybe Yafaze needs a new direction...hear me out.

What if Yafaze stayed as a community ?

Get an irc channel (p2p.net)
Redo the guides as .doc or .pdf
Get all the IOS/wads etc and upload them to lots of public torrent trackers, naming accordingly and updating each week.
Upload these torrents on some private sites too and frequent their forums also.

Or accept "defeat"

You topic is a bit OTT imho, but I understand your frustration.

If you and kong etc decide to give it another go from a different angle, let me know by pm here and I'm sure to be able to help out with a lot of things.
If you decide enough is enough, well don't let it get to you at the end of the day it aint "real life".

Good luck with whatever you decide.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i think youre on your own, If i could never run another new backup again, id still never buy it. you can stop piraing if you want to tho, leave us out of it. Ive never seen the site which u speak of anyway so no big loss

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hell no!

So, Nintendo have closed down one site, one very good site, but that doesn't mean that we should just stop.

I agree with FenrirWolf. Wii hacking is fun.

Nintendo cannot stop us. I've seen so many cIOSCORP v3.5 torrents floating around it's not funny.

And the ability to get the wii to do everything it should have done in the first place + more makes things even better.

I'm not going to stop.

P.S. "Hi Nintendo. You've lost the wii battle. better luck next time, with another console maybe? See ya!"

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
I too was a member of YaFaze and am quite disappointed to find out it was closing!

If you have any contact with Kongs or any other members, please let me know via PM!

If you manage to get YaFaze built up again - please let me know via PM!!!

Thankyou mate, I'll miss YaFaze!

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i second that yup, this is a stupid post, and I think the poster should give up wii hacking sites because he cant keep from posting garbage. He says stop pirating high exclusive wii games, so that means he only pirates the shitty games? And to think this guy got everyone convinced to stop pirating..........wow what a guy. Who goes to a fucking wii hacking site and says STOP HACKING

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Big N's big holiday effort this year is 1 solitary 2d early nineties style platformer.. but not as good.

Last years big holdiay releases were 'animal crossing' and 'wii music'

I voted yes because it's not even worth hacking.

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
caffolote said:
As some of you may know, Nintendo shut down Yafaze. I was a global moderator there (Marth5454). Because of the whole NSMB leakage and everything, Wii hacking is now getting harder and harder. NSMB only works on USB Loaders and not by disc. Also, with 4.2 released and more to come, I think it's just time for everyone to just stop pirating high exclusive Wii games. What do you think?

harder and harder.. are you serious

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're saying we should give up Wii hacking because NSMB was slightly bitchy to crack? Oh please. If that was the issue, Wii hacking would be dead off the start line because of Super Mario Galaxy.

It was fixed in what, two days? Sure, it doesn't work with purely softmodded disc loaders, but a good portion of people use USB Loaders or have a modchip. Give it time and odds are it'll eventually work on disc loaders, too.

4.2 was released and sure, it wipes your Wii of homebrew, but you can still hack it. I think Indian Pwns works with it, IDK about Bannerbomb or Smashstack. And system menus never stopped Wii hackers. Many of them don't download them at all. It's one of the first things you're told to NOT do when you softmod a Wii.

Nintendo has showed us time and time again that no matter the anti-piracy techniques, they can be circumvented. And for the record, what the fuck is Yafaze?

Chesskid1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one thing that really annoys me is people start calling nintendo EVIL because they try to stop piracy?? wtf do you expect them to do? let you copy their games with no fight whatsoever and get $0 for all their hard work they put into a game?

OH MAN! Nintendo is SO EVIL!! trying to stop people from PIRATING GAMES! OH MAN WHAT A BAD COMPANY! DAMN YOU NINTENDO for shutting down a forum dedicated on how to pirate WII GAMES and download them for free!! OMG!

come on people, get real.

(please disregard if you buy all your games and you just want to use a USB loader for convience but probably 1% of wii homebrew users do this)

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Uhhhhhhhhh... what is Yafaze?

Anyway, Nintendo 4.2U was hell to crack. We will surrender to Nintendo, like with the DSi. We are being defeated from all sides, half of us are dead and I do not even have a USB larger than 2GB!!!

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Chesskid1 said:
one thing that really annoys me is people start calling nintendo EVIL because they try to stop piracy?? wtf do you expect them to do? let you copy their games with no fight whatsoever and get $0 for all their hard work they put into a game?

OH MAN! Nintendo is SO EVIL!! trying to stop people from PIRATING GAMES! OH MAN WHAT A BAD COMPANY! DAMN YOU NINTENDO for shutting down a forum dedicated on how to pirate WII GAMES and download them for free!! OMG!

come on people, get real.

(please disregard if you buy all your games and you just want to use a USB loader for convience but probably 1% of wii homebrew users do this)

this may even be stupider than the original post. especially the disregard warning lol, who gives a shit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6-XeyNMCJw