Do you think GBAtemp should add Emoji support?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this was asked/posted before or not, when i typed the title i haven't seen any thread about it.. But do you think that emoji support should be added, as in when you put an emoji from online/Samsung or MS keyboard, it shows up when you comment on the thread (currently it doesn't, i've tried), since those have an extensive amount to choose from, just like in Discord for example. As the stock ones (that show up, from GBATemp) are limiting, in expressing yourself and in communication.. I bet a lot of young ones would agree, and the ones who hate Emojis, won't heh..

Reactions: banjo2

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I definitely want normal emojis... The ones built-into the forum are very outdated, and it's a tad annoying on mobile to not have emojis show up, but having to open the forum emoji button and use those instead. Maybe keep both, I dunno. But we need regular emjoi support. You could even use hotlinks to https://webemoji.org/ and just hotlink to them directly. That would keep the data traffic to a minimum.

Last edited by Jayro,
Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Jayro And the selection provided here is very limiting, there's only a few... It would be cool to provide a selection like the one on Discord, or at least to use our own.

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
@Jayro And the selection provided here is very limiting, there's only a few... It would be cool to provide a selection like the one on Discord, or at least to use our own.
I think the ability to upload our own 5 or 10 custom emojis would be dope. (In addition to the regular ones we want) Hell, lock it behind a Patreon perk for all I care.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure which emoji it is, but @Shadow#1 uses this one in the things you recently got or bought that I think is just adorable. it's almost like a grin one. I think he might be posting it with his phone, but I'm not sure. I only use like three emojis entirely, but I find that one hilarious. I was on another site with an emoji sitting at a computer, sipping coffee. I don't drink coffee, but I found that emoji hilarious as well. it always put a smile on my face. :D

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I block all the existing ones with my ad blocker. Would seek a way to remove them from other text if provided there. Would also discourage their use and can see little benefit to adding them to the forum, such that anything else would be an improvement over them.

One exception.
I can't wait to see flame wars over "OMG emojis need skin tones, it is racist not to" and "OMG your gun emoji looks like a gun rather than water pistol/sci fi ring covered gun". If I can see people threaten to leave over such things, fly off the handle in debates about them and otherwise stamp their feet I will be somewhat amused.

Reactions: Exidous

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
never used tapatalk, but I have it installed on my phone. don't really understand how to use it or what it's for exactly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE