• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Do you think Donald Trump is mentally ill?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 11,395
  • Replies 224

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
For a long time now I've suspected Donald Trump suffers from some sort of mental illness. I never gave it much thought, only that his behaviour just doesn't seem normal. Yesterday while browsing Youtube I found this. The arguments presented in the video sound logical, but I'm not a psychologist and logical sounding arguments aren't necessarily true.

It could go either way. He does show all the symptoms but how severe do they have to be to qualify for a diagnosis? I haven't read the DSM-IV so I don't know.
Clearly the guy is not normal, that's obvious to everyone. I don't think it really matters if we have a name to put on it.
I think he's an idiot and a narcissist, but loves attention and is a decent actor. I don't think there's anything mentally wrong with him, though, nor do I think it's appropriate (or fair) to call him mentally unstable...

... although not for the reason you may think. By calling him mentally ill, you're excusing all of the racist, nationalist, sexist, classist, and homo/transphobic rhetoric and legislation that has originated from him over the last two years
I don't think it excuses anything. It's not that kind of mental illness.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I'm saying, yeah
I see what your saying, but still. It's hard to explain to people who haven't been home schooled in recent years. Especially when the extreme cases of homeschooling get broadcast for all to see. Modern regulation with homeschooling is pretty tight nowadays. If Epic Kid was not getting the education they needed, the city/state school board would intervene.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
He definitely has some issues. Whether they're character flaws or illness i don't know. But he has issues forming coherent sentences, his memory seems shot, he can't seem to pay attention and read anything longer than one page of paper. It's worrying.

Let's not forget the highly edited video of Hillary Clinton that made it look like she was having a seizure; don't take videos claiming to show someone's 'true' mental state at face value, especially if there's political leverage to be gained
It wasn't edited though? There were no cuts or anything. She literally couldn't walk on her own.

Assuming you're referring to the one where she's pushed into the black van.

Last edited by dimmidice,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically I could be doing less. But with the curriculum I'm using, it wouldn't really work. I do the work at home, and on Tuesday, I go to a class and discuss the work with other students. This allows me to be homeschooled, and yet still have a teacher I can ask for help
I see what your saying, but still. It's hard to explain to people who haven't been home schooled in recent years. Especially when the extreme cases of homeschooling get broadcast for all to see. Modern regulation with homeschooling is pretty tight nowadays. If Epic Kid was not getting the education they needed, the city/state school board would intervene.
I understand both of you, but I'm saying what's preventing either of your parents from entering you into either a lenient online curriculum or just ordering textbooks and making their own curriculum?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It wasn't edited though? There were no cuts or anything. She literally couldn't walk on her own.

Assuming you're referring to the one where she's pushed into the black van.
No, I was referring to the press one where she pulled a weird "gawking" face. She was just being funny because she got a voice recorder shoved in her face, but the video took a 3-second instance and edited multiple camera angles together to make it look like she didn't have control of her muscles and facial expression for well over 15 seconds

Reactions: Navonod

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand both of you, but I'm saying what's preventing either of your parents from entering you into either a lenient online curriculum or just ordering textbooks and making their own curriculum?
"entering you into either a lenient online curriculum or just ordering textbooks"
Besides the fact that I my parents had to pay 1000$+ for the schooling I received each year since 8th grade? Not counting project materials, books, or the EXTREME amount of copying paper which made me really appreciate my printer.

Reactions: APartOfMe

Navonod

Luigi from Luigi's Mansion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He isn't mentally ill or stupid or incapable. You just disagree with everything Trump says. So in your world you believe he is stupid but in reality he just does things differently and better.

Reactions: DarthDub

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started going back and watching those Hillary videos when she twitches. My grandma does that when she gets interrupted while she is talking.
You quoted the wrong post but yes, that's a "normal" (but quirky) human reaction, not something indicative of Parkinson's or whatever the far-right wing media outlets tried to peddle it as

Still though, what do you mean by Trump does things "better"? The way I see it everything he's done is either objectively bad/sketch or can't really be credited to him

Navonod

Luigi from Luigi's Mansion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You quoted the wrong post but yes, that's a "normal" (but quirky) human reaction, not something indicative of Parkinson's or whatever the far-right wing media outlets tried to peddle it as

Still though, what do you mean by Trump does things "better"? The way I see it everything he's done is either objectively bad/sketch or can't really be credited to him
It shouldn't matter what post I quote. I was quoting you and I knew that you'd know what I was quoting. I'm not stupid. lol
We only hear he said she said BS on the news. The same stuff happened to Obama. But in Obama's case it was his birth certificate.

Last edited by Navonod,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. He is absolutely not! He knows what he is doing. Trump is just bullying, horrible and douche man. He dont care about anybody but himself mostly than his family, indeed.

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1oypde.jpg

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Yep

Heh, I DEFINITELY wouldn't say that. He may have a game plan for exploiting people into liking him that he stumbled across ages ago, but now that he's President he's completely clueless as to what he's SUPPOSED to be doing and frankly doesn't seem to care to learn

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Say you're taking a standardized test and you see that the person next to you has an test correction sheet that they are using to fill in all the correct answers they got from the teacher just because the teacher likes them the most. WHEN they pass the test with flying colors, would you call them a successful test taker?
I don't think they're comparable. With being a businessman, or just living life that is, doesn't matter how you get it - if you have money you're successful in my eyes. You might be a shitty person, but that doesn't mean you aren't successful.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think they're comparable. With being a businessman, or just living life that is, doesn't matter how you get it - if you have money you're successful in my eyes. You might be a shitty person, but that doesn't mean you aren't successful.
Is it success, though? I mean, he was born with shit-tons of money, by that logic he would be "successful" just by existing

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like everyones opinions are based on news they've read on liberal media sites who use Trump with their fake news to get hits for ad revenue. Maybe try Brietbart or FOX along with the liberal sites? If you do this you'll get both sides. It's not wise to make decisions based solely on one side of the story.

Reactions: DarthDub

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's just an a**hole with money and "power" letting others take decissions for his own profit in the long therm, and very bad decissions for the US in the short therm; he's already a rich man so losing US money should not be an issue.

Anyway, I can't understand why US citizens still haven't replaced him.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: