Do you think Donald Trump is mentally ill?

Discussion in 'World News, Current Events & Politics' started by leafeon34, Apr 4, 2018.

1. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Mm. I respect that, but from what I can tell there's no investigative journalism going on, at least on channels like Blair White and Paul Watson, they're all just opinion pieces from the looks of it. Plus, I'm not gonna lie, it made me more than a little uncomfortable to click on the link to Paul's channel and be immediately greeted with "Islam is NOT a religion of peace!" and "The Mass Brainwashing of Germany"

2. DrGreed

DrGreed GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2016
    United States
    Still it's better than those channels that have something against every little thing Trump does and scream racist at every chance they get. And then completely twists Trumps words to fit their narrative. If you want to get Trump then at least have some tangible evidence then you'll have my attention. If it turns out I was wrong, I'd be one of the first to admit I was wrong. But I highly doubt Trump is as bad as everyone says.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You should watch more of Pauls videos though if you can stomach it. Lol
    He is some kind of journalist.

3. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I suppose I'm a bit confused as to what you're expecting, especially when we've laid out evidence to support our claims throughout the thread. From a news media perspective, any statement that originates from the President that has political weight is newsworthy, which includes tweets and offhand comments/vague statements. I do understand how it can be frustrating to look at a sea of tabloid-like YouTube channels like you have queued up (except on the opposite end of the spectrum) and see inaccurate representations of a political figure you respect, but if you read reliable print publications (I'm personally partial to the US Politics section of The Guardian, and Politico), you get all that crap filtered out by default anyway
    No, I really don't think I could. Everything that I saw about Islam as a religion quite frankly disgusts me and I have no interest in masochistically watching stuff like that tonight. The fact that you can watch stuff like that and "lol" about it is also a bit concerning to me

4. DrGreed

DrGreed GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2016
    United States
    Yeah which is why I said we should agree to disagree in the first place. But hey this helped me pass the time at work.

I'll just leave the argument because I can't get anywhere with you guys but maybe pop back in if I'm bored enough.

The Islam region isn't about peace. It's actually like Christianity they spread through violence and fear or they used to. I'm just realistic and not uptight. The reason I can laugh is because I find Irony in Islam just like Christianity. I'm not heartless psychopath. Lol

DarthDub likes this.
  5. DeoNaught

DeoNaught I break all the warranties

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Constant Fear
    Really? now you are insulting people who actually have an illness.

Tbh, I think he is just stupid.

6. JellyPerson

JellyPerson GBAtemp Fan

Jul 26, 2017
    Korea, North
    Pyongyang
    tl;dr fuck no
    trump is stupid not retarded
    theres a large difference in the two

7. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Mental illness doesn't only mean retardation. Trump at the very least does have narcissistic personality disorder, but that's not all that surprising for a reality TV star. Just another reason he's unfit for office, he can only think about his own interests.

Last edited by Xzi, Apr 16, 2018
    TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  8. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    I told you you'd react this way.

Are you going to provide sources, or is this just your word against 27 professionals...and just about daily delivered proof of evidence in Trump's twitter feed?

9. dpad_5678

dpad_5678 GBAtemp's Memelord

Nov 19, 2015
    United States
    Trump: I grope women.
    Liberals: He gropes women!
    Righty snowflakes: Fake news!! CNN!! Commie lies!!!

ip60, HamBone41801 and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  10. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    he's not necessarily mentally ill, he's just mental. and extremely uneducated.
    and to be sure, it's because of the way his life went.
    he had literally everything handed to him since birth, rich parent, unlimited chances to make something of himself with his parents millions without a speck of fear of not being able to make it, he more than likely had his diplomas bought for him too, not to forget, his fathers name and business contacts. everything to allow him to be successful and still he managed to fail so many things in his lifetime.

yet, at the same time, he made a huge point of propping himself up as a larger than life figure that never failed anything. he's probably the biggest believer in his own lies, if he speakes it, it becomes truth, at least for him and anyone willing to listen.
    and that's his entire existence. the man could not admit failure if his life depended on it. he could not distinguish truth from lie on any other measure than what he believes in or doesn't.
    and while that could make for a headstrong person willing to follow through on his principles, he's laughably easily manipulated by anyone willing to suck up to him, like that entire fox news network currently does. they have is devoted attention and could tell him the moon has an endless supply of cheese and since the us flag is stuck in it, it rightfully belongs to them and he'd go out and tweet about tarifing cheese from switzerland.
    they could tell him that the 2020 elections have been pulled forward to last weekend and that trump won in a landslide and he'd go and write a speech telling of his unprecedented victory. no one ever won two elections this quickly! can you believe it? i believe it!

he's still boasting about his 50% rating by the most right-leaning poll in the nation. probably believing that, as in grade school, 50% is a passable grade.
    he managed to stunt an 8 year upwards economic trend. granted, he did somewhat kickstart some growth because of all his promises, but you really don't want to kickstart economies on nothing but hot air.
    he managed to slow down job growth. and despite it all, he tries to take credit because he happened to be in office when those ongoing trends reached record levels. and not just once, since they were ongoing, they reached a new record periodically and he was whining for the credit on a weekly basis.
    he gave money to the rich, no take backsies, and is making up for it by taking from the poor within 2 years with taxes, and was trying to take it back almost instantly with his attempts to remove what little support system the government offers to the poor.
    he already wasted expensive missles on 3 attacks, none of which destroyed anything of value, just because an investigation, which he believes firmly could not possibly bring anything bad to light, since he has NEVER done anything bad, is ongoing.
    and don't get me started on the constant transparent attempts to denounce anyone opposing him in the most childish way possible.

what I'm saying is, GWB was a better, more stable president than he was. and I'm talking about the parody version from That's my Bush here.

dpad_5678 and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  11. DrGreed

DrGreed GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2016
    United States
    Before she deleted her twitter account she posted that she wasn't licensed to practice her profession at that time. Not sure if she got has it now or not. Either way what she did was wrong. I'm sure someone has a screen shot of it somewhere.

12. Owenge

Owenge General trash

Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    The Void
    Yes.
    [​IMG]

13. Dominator211

Dominator211 JFK's Jelly Donut

Oct 15, 2016
    United States
    Upstate, New York
    my conservative friends are gonna get a kick out of this

14. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Yeah... here's that source for you: she is licensed, but was bullied by some right wing guys who ran out of arguments and went personal instead.

Seriously, dude... Give it up. I said earlier that i didn't thought he was more insane than most other grumpy dumb men. Arguing with you made me reconsider: I'm now more inclined that he IS actually, genuinely insane.

15. ip60

ip60 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    I can see with my own two eyes Trump is a incompetent leader and borderline lunatic. I don't need anyone else to point it out for me.

Also telling someone to watch FOX for factual unbiased news is next fucking level hilarious

Last edited by ip60, Apr 16, 2018
  16. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I'm surprised that you didn't include Breitbart in that, even considering how egregious FOX is with dishonest reporting, Breitbart is on a whole 'nother level

17. ip60

ip60 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    You are right. I saw FOX and got triggered. Both are awful, bigoted, racist networks.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  18. cots

cots GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    Well, all news sources are biased to some degree, but to only watch/read Liberal news is ignorant. I like having all the information I can have. Trump built an empire so he is good at business and I agree with a lot of his policies; not so much the twitter thing (twitter is lame).

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

That's what the left have programmed you to think. Why not try watching and actually listening to what they are saying and doing your own research on the subject matter?

DarthDub likes this.
  19. ip60

ip60 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    Trump BUILT NOTHING, Trump was born into wealth.
    Do you have any idea how much money Trump has fucking lost? how many times he has filled for bankruptcy? how many times he has almost gone to jail?

wtf is wrong with Americans? seriously?

20. cots

cots GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    People lose money all of the time (it's the cost of doing business) and the law allows bankruptcy. Almost doesn't cut it. He won; get over it. I didn't like Obama, but he was the president so he deserves respect. You seem to be from Canada so you probably wouldn't understand, but I still suggest watching ABC, NBC, BBC, CBS, FOX and listening to NPR and Breitbart. Use them to form your own opinions! I'm not a straight Republican. I am more of an Independent who leans toward the Right.