• Total voters

science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So... do you talk about GBAtemp to people who have never been to GBAtemp / aren't even interested in ever visiting this site?

I personally talk about GBAtemp quite frequently to my girlfriend, and was wondering if any of you do the same

Edit: I talk to my sister about it quite often, too

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
Not only do I not know anyone else into emulation, but I don't know any other tempers anywhere near me. So no, can't say I've ever talked about GBATemp, except maybe when my fiancee asks what site I'm reading.

science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Destructobot said:
Rarely. Sometimes I do though, like when I'm explaining why I'm helping some Canadian I don't know in real life traffic earphones.

tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes I do, usualy to tell what's the new games released or what I read here about scene or developers.
though, the most I talk is with people interested in video games.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I have before.
My teacher asked me why I spent so much time on the site.
I say, it's a website that I post news on. End of story.

Also, I talk to my cousin about it. He introduced me to this wonderful place!

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I whisper it in my lover's ear. Sometimes we leave the site running in the background when we feel the urge to go extra "kink".

Edit: I also call strangers up at odd hours of the night to ask them, "Does it Work on PAL?" I don't even have a PAL console.
unsure.gif
WHY AM I DOING THIS!?

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have mentioned it once or twice, yes. But only when the occasion calls for it and a conversation hits emulation or backup devices. So pretty damn rare.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always talk about GBAtemp.....when the subject of Nintendo and videogames actually comes up, which really isn't all that often at my age (40). I tell all them poor suckers that have been actually wasting their money buying games about it.......I also tend to give them a list of ROM sites and places to buy flashcarts, but that's the besides the point.
rolleyes.gif

That reminds me, I need to print up a list for a dude at work who has kids with DS's.........

My point is that ANYONE who owns a DS or other Ninty systems should know about GBAtemp and the world of "free" that they're missing. I don't hesitate to clue them in because the way I see it, BUYING games is for suckers.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
in real life, rarely.
Occasionally with my brother, talking about flash carts or if x game was dumped, etc..
On the internet, fairly often.
I usually refer to this place as "the good forums I also go to"

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
I don't hesitate to clue them in because the way I see it, BUYING games is for suckers.

I for one buy the occasional game. I mean, if it's really worth it - do you not feel bad not buying it? You're not an idiot for paying for a game, when you could download it. I'm glad people buy games, if they didn't - they wouldn't be made. I'm glad they're people like that in the world, and they're definitely not suckers! Besides, you wouldn't be able to download the game unless someone actually BOUGHT the game and dumped it...are they suckers?
rolleyes.gif

VVoltz, my cousin's account is Tipmen999. He's only posted once, and the rest are mine when I was like 13 years old
nyanya.gif

Also, on the topic of talking about GBAtemp.
Sure it sounds lame to talk about GBAtemp, but spread the world. The more folks the merrier (bring in noobs, and I kill you!
biggrin.gif
).

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I mention it all the time by name (not by link normally) on the site I get my roms from.

Off the internet not too much other than to comment about something to my son.

It's a great site and all, but not much of a point of conversation in general chat with my friends.
Then again, I only have two other friends with a DS. They do have a Wii as well though.

I used to talk about forums all the time with my wife. Trouble was it was usually to rant about something that had pissed me off.
I finally chucked most of the forums I was on out of my life.
Largely because of the reasons for my ranting.

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sometimes to a friend who's on here aswell and to others who don't know about it, I just refer to it as "the forum I go on".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol