duwen

Old Man Yoshi
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most of the research seems to suggest that it requires an pretty high amount of abuse to effect the short-term memory but nothing conclusive on long-term
https://www.health.harvard.edu/mind-and-mood/the-effects-of-marijuana-on-your-memory
But these are extreme cases, requiring someone to get high every single day for years on end. This is far less damaging than the effects of alcoholism.
...except that use by those whose brain is still developing (anyone under their mid 20's) are at a significantly higher risk of causing permanent damage... and there's a significant amount of teens/pre-teens that are getting wasted on a daily basis.
https://www.drugabuse.gov/publicati...a/what-are-marijuanas-long-term-effects-brain

While I'm certainly for decriminalization, legalization isn't a solution without major caveats in place. For one, there should be stronger penalties for supplying to under 21's (as there should with alcohol).

Xzi

Arm Cannon Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
For one, there should be stronger penalties for supplying to under 21's (as there should with alcohol).
Isn't it like five years jail time guaranteed plus a fine? Might depend on state, but that's pretty severe already. Studies in legal states also show legalization (plus regulation) reduces teen use.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't care what people do in their own home I just don't want little kids to be forced to inhale cigarette smoke (of any kind). I already commented on another topic that it's almost impossible to go to the supermarket without at least a couple people smoking at the entrance or exit. So, do whatever but ban it (smoking) from all public spaces.

Edit: It's specifically the smoke that bothers me, I don't care about the cannabis. Edibles may be the answer.

Last edited by subcon959,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I totally agreed that marijuana is very healthy for your body. And I totally supported it but something to do with medicine like herbs and spices that can be use for your food. Thats part of healthy.

Smoke marijuana is not healthy and that's not an opinion. That's the fact. Use it as a herbs and spices and not to inhale smoke inside your body.

Last edited by spotanjo3,
Reactions: AlexMCS

clahantar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Marijuana really helps people with insomnia and severe pain caused by various diseases. And cosmetics based on CBD oils, in my opinion, is the best among cosmetics with natural components. My friend advised me to use the oil DRAIN from the site kosherblends.com as a means to prevent stretch marks on the skin during weight loss. And it really helped. Not only did I not have stretch marks on my skin, but the skin itself became very tender and soft. Therefore, restrictions on the sale of marijuana products are not always correct in my opinion.

Last edited by clahantar,
Reactions: slaphappygamer

Sora Takihawa

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
marihuana helps me against my massive backpain.....but sadly i have not a classified illess to get a license ...fk germany....so either illegal or cbd weed (i take cbd cause the street weed here is mostly cbd weed with artificial thc sprayed on....a dangerous chemical which makes u addictive)

• Wow
Reactions: slaphappygamer

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no reason not to support it. It honestly stems from a lot of bullshit that was built around hating it back in the day and the worst aspect that it can actually do to you is no worse than what Alcohol can do for you. The only difference is where the alcohol prohibition was eventually repealed the one on cannabis still remained as there were too many "interested parties" involved in suppressing its legalization. Whether it be the lumber industry because Hemp provided a cheaper and more durable material compared, whether it be some rich racist folk who wanted to make it illegal because it was supposedly being made popular by minority groups in which turn was being made popular in young white groups, and you know they can't have that because regardless of how good/bad it is, if its from a minority you bet your arse those racist jackasses will flip shit over it.

In short, cannabis was manipulated into being illegal by special interests with deep pockets and ties to the government back in the day. Not even in an exaggeration tin-foil hat conspiracy kind of way. The history about it is available for anyone who wants to look at it. The issue as to why it has taken so long to make it legal is because a majority of the people in the government now grew up either in the "Refer Madness" Generation or the "War on Drugs" Generation with their belief structure being as out of date as their mentality is for how this country should be run. This being a problem on both sides mind you. You won't find too many people above their 40's in the government that openly support legalization.

One last thing, did you know that DC allowed legalization before most other states have?

77Urmel77

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no. its still dangerous. you never know if youre vulnerable for psychic deseases that can be caused by using mary jane. one good smoke can ruin your life.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's specifically the smoke that bothers me, I don't care about the cannabis. Edibles may be the answer.

Edibles do absolutely nothing for me. Neither do capsules or tinctures. If I want any benefit from marijuana I have to smoke or vape it. I am 100% on board though with people not smoking around places like building/restaurant entrances. I am an ex cig smoker, and I HATE, HATE, HATE the smell of cigarettes. Nothing worse than going out to eat and there's 5 people out there puffing away right next to the door.

I wanted a Poll, was expecting a Poll. I am disappointed.

Short answer, no.

Long answer, it's already legal for medicinal purposes, and that's how it should remain for me.

Except it is not legal for medicinal purposes everywhere.

I support POT! though I haven't done it since I was 17, and quit those type of drugs. Now, just beer n cigs. And I rarely do them.

Except cigs and beer are both FAR worse for you than pot. You should have gone the other way. Ditch the nasty ass cigs and beer, and stick to just pot.

no. its still dangerous. you never know if youre vulnerable for psychic deseases that can be caused by using mary jane. one good smoke can ruin your life.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but that is a complete crock of shit. LOL!

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh please, you have a better chance getting hooked on Percs or Oxy from your doctor than you do getting hooked on ingesting a leaf. The only way it becomes that addictive is if you already have an addictive personality, which if you do the green stuff will be the least of your problems compared to anything else you would get your hands on legally, easily or prescribed to you. The only other way it becomes that additive for you is if the stuff is laced with other chemicals to enhance your high, which in turn that can cause more problems in the long run. But that is not the fault of the MJ, that is the fault of the Angel Dust or other drugs you lace your shit with.

Mind you I am also not trying to hop on the "ban prescribing opiates" bandwagon either, I find their purpose important for those who need it for bad pain/are super sensitive to pain. The problem with that is more of a fault between the doctor and the patient than anyone else though. No one wants to take responsibility however so its gotta be the drug's fault or the company that makes them. They will be necessary depending on the person, just as MJ is for those that need it medicinally as well.

People need to take responsibility for themselves and their own bodies. Stop blaming inanimate objects for your failings of will, responsibility or self control. If I accidentally shot myself in the leg its not the fault of the gun or of the manufacturer, its my dumbass fault for doing so. We don't live in a world of self accountability anymore when we can shove responsibility onto others and be sue happy about it. Its sad when you think about it.

77Urmel77

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
when i was 20 years old i had a good smoke from time to time. as the doctors said this was the reason for me to get a paranoic halluzinatic psychosis that made me stay in a lunatic asylum for a little more than a year. i couldnt believe that a few leafes couldve caused this. but at some points i tried it out and each time i smoked some pot the shizophrenia came back. but i didnt feel the connection. so it took me some time to understand. about 20 years ago i stopped it completely. my brain is okay enough again to go on living but im a broken man caused by mary jane.

dont mind my bad english please.

@D34DL1N3R : No need to become offensive.

Last edited by 77Urmel77,

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i was 20 years old i had a good smoke from time to time. as the doctors said this was the reason for me to get a paranoic halluzinatic psychosis that made me stay in a lunatic asylum for a little more than a year. i couldnt believe that a few leafes couldve caused this. but at some points i tried it out and each time i smoked some pot the shizophrenia came back. but i didnt feel the connection. so it took me some time to understand. about 20 years ago i stopped it completely. my brain is okay enough again to go on living but im a broken man caused by mary jane.

dont mind my bad english please.

@D34DL1N3R : No need to become offensive.

I was not being offensive, so there's no need for you to be offended. 🙂

That said, I don't believe for a second that marijuana caused your schizophrenia or psychosis. Exacerbated pre-existing conditions? Sure. But caused? I will never buy into that.

77Urmel77

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was not being offensive, so there's no need for you to be offended. 🙂

That said, I don't believe for a second that marijuana caused your schizophrenia or psychosis. Exacerbated pre-existing conditions? Sure. But caused? I will never buy into that.

i guess it is as allways. everybody needs to learn his own lesson. isnt it the case that very few people know for sure if they got preexisting conditions or menthal vulnerableties or not? for me it was rather surprising although you could be right. but im the only member of my family with something like this.

Last edited by 77Urmel77,

Slavaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fully support it. I am not a current user, but I had epilepsy when I was younger and this could have been a game changer. I think it should be under the same conditions as alcohol(as far as age, driving, etc). Also accepted for younger ages if medically relevent only. Just my 2 cents. Im sure not everyone agrees.

HRudyPlayZ

The panda god that does everything
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I mostly support it, but at a few conditions.
- Smoking is only allowed in private, non workspace areas. Not in the streets, bars/restaurants/offices etc.
Why? Passive smoking is also an issue, and it would add a terrible smell to those locations otherwise.
- Eating (not smoking) drugs is ok everywhere.

If people want to smoke shit that is bad for their health, let them do so, especially since tobacco and alcohol are still legal, while having the same impact. As long as you don't impact the health of anyone else with your shit, i don't see a reason to deny it

BigOnYa

A Very-Large Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm for it! Unfoturnatly though it would prob be taxed so high, underground would still exist as a common.
8406730980020523723_mq.jpg

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As long as it's medically approved and/or it only involves the original indica and sativa strains then sure. I haven't smoked it for a while but it's always the high strength hybrids that cause serious problems if taken regularly and to excess. One friend of mine that smoked too much of the hybrid strains developed cannabis induced psychosis and biploar disorder. Not only was he sectioned under the mental health act but he couldn't remember anything he did on a daily basis. He couldn't even remember what his children looked like or how old they were or their names even though he did have some memories of having had children. Another friend also developed psyhchosis. These young kids and adults who start smoking it don't know what they could be letting themselves in for. The schools should make more of an effort on educating children about recreational drug use.

Last edited by ILuvGames,
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://i.imgur.com/DBxD9Jv.jpeg