Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
But, alas spreading liesÂ
laugh.gif
Did you notice this topic is in the testing area? Is one not entitled to their own opinion on a matter or are we destroying free speech and i'm pretty sure those super smart animals are certainly gonna help you base society on fact. Also humans need the nutrients from meat, the fats, iron and um...etc its only now in the modern day age we are able to synthetically create and extract these so one could not have to eat meat although that is not what is was designed for. Yes i do kinda feel sorry for the animals that one eats but a human needs the many healthly properties from the meat. Plus we use sheeps wool, cattle for leather and milk, the connective tissue for gelatine so it is not like we are putting the animals to waste when we eat them.

Ahhh the story of Hachiko :'( which i heard every year in my Japanese class. One forgets another possible scenario...routine. If the dog was maybe brought to the station once or twice by wife/children to wait for the return of the professor the dog might use him to get treats and pats/cuddles for being a clever dog
ohmy.gif
. So it gets into the routine even after the death it never knows maybe the professor will return someday could be tommorrow you never know. source Plus it states in this article that the dog was sometimes given treats after the professor's death yet another incentive to return to the station for life's necessity, more food. But even if this was what actually happened i would not deem it complex, it is clever but anyone with a pet will notice that they will try and do clever things to get the food, rumaging it cupboards for the pet food, jumping up at you when you have a bag of pet food so it spills on the floor so the pet has plently to eat. But it is all for food. Show me an animal which will build a society, farm other animals for food and crops, build a shelter, use weapons or a complex mechanism to make catching food easier, less physical effort. There animals which fit some of the criteria like ants which fits alot of it but not all. Why is it only one race of beings are beyond a primitive lifestyle.Â

Also if you are saying animals will eat there own kind then obviously they don't have enough complex emotions to make them feel sympathetic about eating there own kin and blood.

Brah, after that load of unsourced opinion, you did realise i was half joking about the previous post. Mmmm time for some intelligent kfc chicken which wasn't smart enough to escape the grasp of the colonel.

If you do feel sorry you may be happy to know we dont actually need to eat meat.
Many people and the animals we eat(cows,chickens,sheep) are vegetarians.
How does a cow get so big and healthy for us to eat its meat just from eating grass ?
The point is we can get all the nutrients we need from things other than meat.
The main reason to eat it is maybe people and animals think meat tastes better.
Anyway its what we've been doing for many years.

Regarding hachiko :
The wikipedia link says "This has caused some people to say that he only returned to the station in order to receive these treats, but this does not answer why he would return only at the time his master's train was due, and not remain begging after."
But like I said even so, everything is open to individual interpretation. Are the things we do not because of emotion but because of food/sex/money reward. Many evolutionists do this type of reasoning not just for animals but for humans as well. You've gotta decide are emotions real or not ? are things as meaningful and amazing as they actually seem ? or is it all just bullshit.

"Also if you are saying animals will eat there own kind then obviously they don't have enough complex emotions to make them feel sympathetic about eating there own kin and blood. "
Yes, we know that some humans eat each other(and other animals) but not because they don't have complex emotions but because they can override them. Their thinking and culture whatever can push their emotions down in varying degrees or just plain beat it out of them. This is why we have killers. Just like humans animals too have the ability to not listen to their conscience or get it taken away from them.

"Show me an animal which will build a society"

Show me a human which can fly, breathe underwater, Have x-ray, ifrared vision,
Show me a human that can track down its friend 2000km's away.
Show me a human that lives as well in the wild without clothes, tools, the internet, up in a tree.
Show me a human that can change its shape,colour,sex. (with out surgery)
Show me a human that can lose a limb and grow one back.
Show me a human that when caged for 20 years can still wag its tail.

Show me a human that would want to play ball with you every day of the week of its life even when its body is decaying from old age, or it only has three legs.

I feel bad I called you a lier, that was too strong that means that you where saying something you knew was wrong, but you actually believe(do you?) that animals aren't capable of feelings so I am sorry I was so harsh, if you are wondering I am not being sarcastic. Actually the truth is I cant establish if you are joking or not the main purpose of my post was not to win an argument with you or make you feel like a lier but to show the readers of this thread the other opinion regarding animal feelings (which is considered scientific fact). If you arn't sure about a statement I think you should say so, especially when its about the well being of someone else.

biggrin.gif
Buddy, we're humans, not too many of us will think in such complex ways before eating a plate. However, vegetables do have all the nutrient we need, but it is much more difficult for the human body to absorb the part that comes from meat than to eat the meat itself. Having the convenience of all essential amino acids in one package makes eating much easier for human. Vegetarians are very respectable as they need to be much more careful about what they eat in order to collect all the essential amino acids. Plus meat has one thing that can be of a good use, and that's fat, good long term energy. However, looking at modern Americans, it is obvious we are better off vegans.

Bamboo

Trophies
XP
Country
Animals have emotions, they just dont have complex reasoning.
snip
I needed more emphasis on the word complex I guess, that is indeed reasoning, but its not complex. A good hunter can outsmart any animal.
True, our intellect enables us to make weapons. but Without them for sure a lion could hunt us down and kill us.
Its interesting to think, Humans cant easily single handedly outsmart the aids virus or cancer and these things apparently have no intellect at all. But yes, lions cant build guns so i guess if you judge intelligence by this criteria then yes humans are more intelligent than animals but not (cancer or aids which don't have brains).
I don't see how we can judge intellect by who kills who first. I also wonder though if your comment was in response to my first cannibalism comment or was just a side note about animal intellect ? I was saying if we eat animals why don't we eat other humans ? Are you saying that the only reason we eat animals is because they aren't smart enough to build weapons ? and vice versa the only reason we don't eat our fellow humans is because they are too smart to be eaten ?

I'm sorry but you seem to clearly bringing in something that is completely unrelated here. Virus is a non-living-thing, just like any other chemicals you have in your household. It cannot "outsmart" a human, it can destroy a human, however. Plus, we are talking about consumption of another living being, a virus gains nothing by multiplying it self and destroying a human besides reproduction. It is like a robot (not A.I.), but a pure mechanical robot that is programmed by the scariest of all genetic codes by the mother nature without any knowledge of what it actual does.

Yes it really isn't relevant to my main point anyway "if we eat animals why don't we eat other humans ?"
but lets talk about it,
Its true that one group of people think viruses not living because they do not consist of cells.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virus
"Whereas most "animal" virologists consider them as living because they have genes"
Also Chemicals don't have genes, genes are made of chemicals.
Life or not, my point is even if it has no intellect at all it is still able to kill, I am saying that intellect is not required to be a successful killer.
The last statement is very true, the way evolution works favors whatever has the advantage of survival, in our case it was the intelligence to protect ourselves, but that does not mean we are the strongest.
It just that the thing about virus kinda got me. True that household chemicals are a bit of an exaggeration, however, Genes, proteins and amino acids ARE organic CHEMICALS. although not the same thing, here are some foundation to the gene it self in household chemicals that contain the amino group or some sort of organic acid such as citrus acid even. The point I'm trying to get at is that virus are like purely mechanical robot. They have no reason, no knowledge of what they are doing. Cancer on the other hand is something completely different. It's caused by the defect of our own body.

Whatever the case, as I stated before, the main reason that cannibalism is rare is that sanity is in question. Sure, there are reasons that we can contour with highly philosophical reasonings that eating a human is just about the same as eating an animal. However, men is not meant to think such way. The way we sympathize with other humans are far beyond that of other animals, our emotions go further with humans and therefore it will be more difficult for us to eat other humans. Animals have been our natural prey, and our instinct are in such way that we do not sympathize with them as we should.

ok i see (about "proteins and amino acids ARE organic CHEMICALS") , I didn't know that about citric acid.
OH and about the cancer yeah I realized that maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that. So viruses sound like nanobots,
Something I don't really know about but have heard of it is interesting how they are just like computer viruses.
EDIT : I meant biological viruses are like computer viruses. Not nano bots

Yep, it is much easier to feel more for a human than an animal and it is generally harder to eat a human than an animal. If you had to choose b/w the life of a chicken and the life of a man of course we would choose the man. But there are also lots of cases about animals caring for other animals, animals helping other animals. Lions mothering puppies, cats raising mice,a dog saving humans from a fire and sacrificing himself, whole societies of people who don't eat meat because they care for animals. There are allot of stories on the net and I know some are fake but many are real, How can I be sure because every day we see animal to other animal relationships , man and dog (and many other animals) for example
Anyway I saw on tv once a lioness who had a onyx calf as a child . here is the weblink :
http://www.naturescornermagazine.com/lion_lamb.html

I also saw a doco about a lion that would not eat anything from another animal. if her milk even had one drop of blood she wold not drink it. they fed her eggs and grain and she became very healthy.
http://www.vegetarismus.ch/vegepet/tyke.htm

Bamboo

Trophies
XP
Country
biggrin.gif
Buddy, we're humans, not too many of us will think in such complex ways before eating a plate. However, vegetables do have all the nutrient we need, but it is much more difficult for the human body to absorb the part that comes from meat than to eat the meat itself. Having the convenience of all essential amino acids in one package makes eating much easier for human. Vegetarians are very respectable as they need to be much more careful about what they eat in order to collect all the essential amino acids. Plus meat has one thing that can be of a good use, and that's fat, good long term energy. However, looking at modern Americans, it is obvious we are better off vegans.

And Australians seem to be heading down the same path, boy are we becoming sadly overweight, I saw a chart of the order of fat nations to thin, I think Koreans and Japanese where on the bottom and Americans where first then Aussies then poms.
Everyday I go out it seems people get fatter and fatter, No disrespect at all I just feel sorry for those people. They look so tied and uncomfortable.

Anyway Yes eating meat is easier. Getting someone to do your work is always easier. Look at cows they eat all day.
Its easier to steal than it is to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol